Today on CNN Newsroom

July 30th, 2013

Fast food workers strike for higher pay

CNN's Carol Costello talks with CNN's Christine Romans about "Fast Food Forward".

Post by:
Filed under: Carol Costello
  1. Jared

I agree with the movement. Higher pay? Yes. $15 per hour. Ummm. No. I have a degree at my pay is equivalent to $18 an hour. Why should someone earn $15 to flip a burger? I could see $10-12, but they're pushing a little far with $15. That rate should be reserved for beginning managers.

July 30, 2013 at 12:26 pm |
  2. Brian

They're joking with $15/hr, right? I mean, the real tragedy here is that they can all be replaced with iPads in the next three years. IPads don't strike.

July 30, 2013 at 4:39 pm |
  3. George Gray

As wages fall below the level necessary to raise a family, any reason for social cooperation vanishes.

July 30, 2013 at 8:16 pm |
  4. dannelson1959

The little guy with less pay cannot afford to enjoy life like those who make 50k a year. And most likely the little guy is doing all the work but those at the higher end get more money.

July 31, 2013 at 7:36 am |
  5. Chad

New Soldiers in the Military do not make $15 an hour. Why should someone in an entry level job in society make more money an hour, than someone who is willing to give their life for their country?

August 29, 2013 at 9:56 am |
  6. John

So I own a lawn service and I am one of the few who does not hire illegals. My average fee per customer is $80.00 per month. Ask folks if they would like to increase that to $140.00 per month. What liberals will never understand is someone has to pay.

December 5, 2013 at 1:19 am |