Senator Cruz's epic performance on the Senate floor: was it a real stand for a policy? Political theater? A fundraising gimmick? CNN Contributor Ben Ferguson and Citizen Jane Politics writer Patricia Murphy tell Brooke Baldwin what they think.
WE THE PEOPLE FIX CONGRESS!!!!! A new balanced approach, we the people should push the below.
Congressional Reform Act of 2013
1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/14.
The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so our Congressmen should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
Maybe it is time.
WE THE PEOPLE FIX CONGRESS!!!!!
Click here to access transcripts from recent shows.