Today on CNN Newsroom

June 9th, 2014

Brooke Baldwin competes in softball game for fallen heroes

CNN's Brooke Baldwin talks to John Berman and Michaela Pereira about playing in the inaugural Fenway for the Fallen celebrity softball game at Fenway Park, hosted by The Massachusetts Iraq & Afghanistan Fallen Heroes Memorial Fund.

Filed under: Brooke Baldwin
  1. Name*Daniel Holt

I Agree Enough Said .........You Support our Troops more then any other Reporter, move on....

April 29, 2015 at 7:53 am |
  2. Mary Wickens

heard your interview yesterday and I thought you had a good question for the Congressman. I did NOT think you were being offensive to veterans, but just asking whether they were getting the proper training to transition from military to police work. People are being way too hard on you, you're a terrific journalist and Glinda's got your back. Hold your head high girl, nice apology this morning, but entirely unnecessary. I actually thought your question was a good one: if we put military veterans I police roles and give them military equipment, don't we have a duty to train them as domestic police rather than military forces?

April 29, 2015 at 8:15 am |
  3. Drew Hogeland

Best way to contact Brooke Baldwin, wanted to commend her for admitting a mistake and taking responsibility for it.

April 29, 2015 at 2:52 pm |
  4. Rod Layman

Brooke Baldin's comments on veterans and the Baltimore riots may be the most disgusting and sick reporting I have ever seen the liberal media do on its' continued assault on veterans. I doubt if she is, but she should be so ashamed of herself as well as apologize to veterans on air, then resign from her job. I know she will have a spin on her reporting, however, it is very clear she is anti veteran, li,e most of the liberal media.

April 30, 2015 at 3:54 pm |
  5. fmoreo

I totally agree with Mary Wickens. Brooke has never said anything else that is at all derogatory to vets or to the military. She pointed out a question about training which is legit. Anyone professional or not needs training for when starting a new job. No one is exempted.
    What I find is that people are quoting her wrongly and has been parroted from one mouth to another to the point of being out of proportion. Honestly I can not understand how one can start judging a person without even bothering to check the authenticity of the comment. If you bother to do that, then please bother to go for the truth. If not then shut up.

May 10, 2015 at 5:19 pm |
  6. Veteran

That was one of the most ignorant disrespectful comments I have ever heard on air. Then it's followed up with posts of a softball game and comments defending it. My family and a large part of my community will never be tuning into CNN again. You get paid very well as a journalist yet you make ignorant disrespectful comments about our nation's Veterans and then defend them before you are forced to come on and give a shallow apology that lasted about 20 seconds and then move on as if you never said it. You should think about what you did and do the right thing by Veterans and resign.

May 15, 2015 at 5:29 am |