Today on CNN Newsroom

December 11th, 2014

Black officer responds to protestors

Brooke talks with an active black police officer about his feelings regarding the police and protestor divide.

1. Fran

I was surprised to hear and see Carol, the CNN correspondent's response when her guest, a female attorney(I believe)advise that young women share in the responsibility in their safety by not putting themselves at risk with being intoxicated and or under the influence of drugs. Why is it hard to understand that concept? I too am a woman and it makes sense to me not to put yourself at risk. No, predators should not impose themselves on others BUT we know that they do. That's why their actions are criminal! So all young women, don't go to the parties and get sloppy drunk!! Save that for the privacy of your home.

December 11, 2014 at 10:12 pm |
  2. Amjad

Good interview with Officer Anwar Sanders. (Brooke's journalistic, anchor and interview skills are excellent).

December 11, 2014 at 10:18 pm |
  3. Eric Davis

A little help is needed read our story share with others.Donate a penny or two, every cent counts thanks,
    Eric E Davis
    unrelated I know, just spreading our story hope you all will too.

December 12, 2014 at 5:15 am |
  4. Chris

I am a heating and cooling contractor and have done jobs for police officers and have to say they are some of the most racist people I have ever come into contact with. the off duty officers think is funny and entertaining to be extra racist like it makes them more of a man. I must say I'm a little racist to the certain situation but the racism that was presented to me by the officers was very disgusting. officers dealing with the worst of the black population have the worst impression of blacks because what they see on emergency calls no matter what that officer says he is not white and does not hear what the whiet officers think because of the repercussions that it may have.

December 12, 2014 at 12:24 pm |
  5. bruce

http://www.gangsterevents.co.uk/ did I just hear someone say black people glorify thugs, compared to who

December 13, 2014 at 7:21 pm |
  6. Concerned

Police Officers have to know their actions are intimidating:

And this is their decision... but it doesn't have to be.

February 22, 2015 at 8:30 pm |
  7. Fabiola Adloff

A lot of thanks for sharing this fine piece. Very interesting ideas! (as always, btw)

March 21, 2015 at 10:05 am |