Today on CNN Newsroom

April 21st, 2009

Welcome to CNN Newsroom Blog

We're glad you're here. Look for updates from CNN Newsroom anchors and show teams. We're also excited about YOUR comments on our stories. Be a part of the CNN Newsroom team!

Filed under: On TV
  1. Andy

Mortgage company disaster: I agreed to set up bi-weekly payments on my mortgage (plan was marketed by Mortgage co to me) and used it about a year. Mortgage company was bought and they cancelled / failed to renew the pay plan and didn't tell me. All I heard from the new company was I was behind on my mortgage. I had to dig until I found out they dropped the plan and had been expecting a single payment each month. I cleared this up with them and set up a new biweekly plan under them. Just before it kicked in and after sending me confirmation of new agreement, they dropped it and I am back in the same situation again – i.e., ostensibly late with payments. But the strangest thing is the bi-weekly plan is still available with them......but they have just been bought. Is there any remedy to keep from going through this each time your mortgage co is bought and how do I protect my FICO score? Thanks.

April 22, 2009 at 1:20 pm |
  2. Juan Van Cleave

Dear Tony,

The other day you had a wonderful lady on your show and all I have to say is thank god for Maria Hinojosa!! Listening to her made my year!! ABOUT TIME SOMEONE STEPPED UP TO LOU DOBBS!! Maria Hinojosa just expressed exactly what I'm feeling and what many Latinos are feeling! I think I'll keep watching CNN now! I had decided that unless something happened soon to slow down or shut up that racist bigot I was going to stop watching CNN and tell everybody I know to stop watching. I know we won't be able to shut up Lou's anti Latino rhetoric but that was good enough for me! THANK YOU MARIA HINOJOSA!!!

Juan Van Cleave
    A Proud Mexican American viewer!

April 23, 2009 at 11:37 am |
  3. adalberto delgado

i think you guys should do more stories on green jobs and how long does the money from the gov will take to create new ones

April 23, 2009 at 11:37 am |
  4. Chris

Preventing bankruptcy: How is someone able to prevent bankruptcy and try to pay off debt when collectors want the most money possilbe (not dinging them for it), debt mgmt companies poorly nego with debtors and still take a lot of your money, and attorney's rather take the simple road and have people do bankruptcy instead of assisting potential clients in good legal and protective negotiations. I don't want to file bankruptcy, but I know I can't pay the medical and other debt we have at full cost. My wife and I have a combined student loan of $145,000 and we don't foresee this going away. We have over $100,000 in medical and creditor card (this includes the interest collection agencies have tacked on). We make an mid-to-upper middle class salary. We got here because of medical and legal issues one of our children had which just created a nasty ripple effect on our lives. We are good and educated people who want to do the right thing, but want to protect our current assets (very few now since we lost our house years ago).

April 23, 2009 at 12:02 pm |
  5. Daniel Martinez

Sen. Phil Specter's switching parties is good news for everyone except the GOP. with 1 in 5 people in this country a conservative, you see a movement since 2006 of increasing numbers voting democratic.
    This is just the beginning of the end of the GOP. by 2012/2014 elections you will see the demise of the GOP. It will split into three parties: The Moderate Party, the Conservative Party and the rest will most likely go Libertarian.
    The GOP has been out of touch, it's recent move to more right wing conservatism, it is banking on an old message that rose with President Reagan.
    The society has changed and will continue to change with the influx of young voters, women, and minorities.
    The combination of both spells disaster for the GOP and they are in denial of this, which could expedite this process.
    The danger to this is a dominant Democratic Party that jeopardizes our political process with no checks and balances like what occurred with the Bush administration. So what we need in the future in the politics of this nation is a true Moderate Party made up of moderate Democrats and former Republicans. That is where the interests of the American people lay.

April 28, 2009 at 2:01 pm |
  6. Daniel Martinez

Tony, There is nothng better for fireworks in Milwaukee. On the last Thursday in June, on the 1st day of Summerfest they have the Big Bang! About an hour + worth of fireworks. They are always in competition with the 3rd of July fireworks one week later. That is another hour + of fireworks. Both are on the lake front. I have never seen a better fireworks display. I once was at a John Mellencamp concert on July 3rd at the Marcus Ampitheater also on the lake from downtown Milwaukee. They had an intermission so people could see the fireworks so I walked to the top of the ampitheater to watch the fireworks the view is this: Milwaukee City Skyline to the left which cascades down to the lake front, the fireworks display is next, followed by The Art Museum and then Lake Michigan. A beautiful sight to see. Send an iReporter to that! You'll be amazed!

July 3, 2009 at 12:52 pm |
  7. doris coleman

The race issue with Dr. Gates: The Officer may teach race relations, etc. and may be aware of some things, how many times have he been pushed around by a white policeman???????????????????. I know white men do not want a black man questioning them in any environment, espescially when they have the authority. I know a black does not want to back down when he feels mistreated. This is about manhood and respect. The tone of the incident at some point became ugly because of these deep feelings on both parts. You can only teach tolerance, explain experiences, and say you are not racist. What really matters is what you do and say, and how you do it, and how you say it. Just because you teach race relations, does not excuse the officer, lot's of people teach and look around at this separateness because of deep imbedded stereotypes, some may or may not be true, but they haunt us all.

July 30, 2009 at 12:19 pm |
  8. Francesca Morrison

I am listening to the discussion on identifying sex offenders and I think that we should permanently identify them with tattoos on their hands or such, so that we ALL can identify them!

November 7, 2009 at 4:59 pm |
  9. cbd online

Needed to write you this very small word to help thank you very much yet again with the superb tricks you have shown on this website. This is so unbelievably open-handed with you to provide without restraint what exactly numerous people would have supplied for an electronic book to make some profit on their own, principally since you might well have tried it in the event you desired. Those tactics in addition worked to become good way to realize that some people have the identical keenness similar to my personal own to realize significantly more when it comes to this matter. I believe there are several more pleasant sessions up front for people who scan through your site. https://nfesusmmrn.online/

January 6, 2021 at 6:51 pm |
  10. endep cheap

I enjoy you because of all of your efforts on this site. Ellie enjoys doing internet research and it's easy to see why. All of us hear all concerning the compelling manner you deliver functional ideas by means of the blog and as well cause contribution from other people about this concept plus my daughter is being taught a lot. Enjoy the remaining portion of the new year. You're the one carrying out a first class job. https://endepamitriptyline.com/

January 8, 2021 at 8:17 am |
  11. nortriptyline pills

I simply wished to thank you very much yet again. I do not know what I would have used without those tips and hints shown by you relating to this topic. This has been the traumatic setting in my view, nevertheless viewing your well-written way you treated the issue took me to weep with joy. Now i am thankful for your work as well as wish you recognize what an amazing job your are undertaking training the rest with the aid of your website. Probably you haven't met any of us. https://pamelornortriptyline.com/

January 8, 2021 at 9:21 am |
  12. escitalopram no rx

I'm commenting to let you be aware of of the beneficial discovery my child encountered browsing the blog. She came to understand a lot of details, including how it is like to have a great coaching character to get certain people completely comprehend a variety of complex issues. You actually did more than her desires. I appreciate you for coming up with such essential, dependable, edifying and cool guidance on that topic to Ethel. https://lexaproescitalopram.com/

January 8, 2021 at 1:18 pm |
  13. mirtazapine tablets

My wife and i were very thrilled when Raymond managed to round up his web research with the precious recommendations he was given while using the weblog. It is now and again perplexing to simply possibly be releasing tips and tricks which usually the rest might have been trying to sell. We really understand we now have you to thank for this. Those illustrations you made, the straightforward website navigation, the relationships your site make it possible to promote – it is mostly unbelievable, and it is making our son in addition to us understand this topic is thrilling, which is certainly wonderfully vital. Thanks for the whole thing! https://remeronmirtazapine.com

January 8, 2021 at 11:04 pm |
  14. tofranil imipramine

My spouse and i got quite joyful that Jordan managed to do his reports through the entire precious recommendations he had through the web pages. It is now and again perplexing to just continually be giving out secrets which people may have been selling. So we grasp we have got the writer to give thanks to for that. The most important illustrations you have made, the simple web site navigation, the relationships you will help foster – it's got many incredible, and it's really helping our son in addition to the family know that the situation is exciting, which is quite mandatory. Thank you for everything! https://tofranilimipramine.com/#

January 9, 2021 at 5:04 am |
  15. imipramine cheap

My wife and i have been really lucky when Louis managed to finish off his research using the precious recommendations he made through your web site. It is now and again perplexing to simply find yourself making a gift of steps which often some other people may have been trying to sell. Therefore we realize we need the writer to give thanks to for this. The specific illustrations you made, the straightforward web site navigation, the relationships you will help to instill – it is most remarkable, and it is leading our son in addition to us reason why this subject is fun, which is seriously pressing. Thanks for the whole lot! https://tofranilimipramine.com/#

January 9, 2021 at 10:05 am |