Today on CNN Newsroom

May 7th, 2009

What's so odd about today??

It's Odd Day.
Check your calendars to find out what I'm talking about.
It's one of only six days this century that the date lines up with three consecutive odd numbers.
Today is May 7th, 2009, or 5-7-9.
Get it?
This is just ONE of the days mathematicians have been excited about this year.
We had the rare Square Root Day.
That was 3-3-09.
There was also Pi day, 3-14.
But enough about those, we're talking about Odd Day today.
Like I said, there are only 6 of these every century, with the next one coming in 2 years, 2 months and 2 days.
I'll leave it to you to figure out the others.

From writer Doug Furnad

05/03/01
    07/05/03
    09/07/05
    11/09/07

May 7, 2009 at 8:35 am |
  2. hongli

Don -How come you are not speaking about Limbaugh's Comments about Colin Powell? Limbaugh wants Powell to leave the Republican Party and become a DEMOCRAT.

May 7, 2009 at 9:54 am |
  3. Dave B

Actually, if you count the backward consecutive dates, I think there would be one more, totalling 10:

01/03/05

good call Dave B

May 7, 2009 at 4:33 pm |
  5. micahel savage

Get a life peopel!

May 7, 2009 at 5:51 pm |
  6. froleprotrem

Glad to be one of many visitants on this awesome web site : D.

January 4, 2021 at 1:09 am |
  7. vreyro linomit

But wanna comment that you have a very decent internet site, I like the design it really stands out.

January 4, 2021 at 7:18 am |
  8. zortilo nrel

What’s Taking place i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively useful and it has aided me out loads. I am hoping to contribute & help other customers like its helped me. Great job.

February 7, 2021 at 8:38 pm |
  9. Europa-Road gépszállítás

Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!

February 9, 2021 at 5:05 am |
  10. storno brzinol

I definitely wanted to construct a small note to be able to thank you for the wonderful pointers you are showing at this website. My particularly long internet look up has finally been honored with excellent knowledge to talk about with my two friends. I 'd assume that many of us website visitors are truly lucky to be in a decent community with very many special people with helpful concepts. I feel somewhat happy to have discovered your website and look forward to some more cool times reading here. Thanks again for everything.

May 16, 2021 at 5:50 am |