Today on CNN Newsroom

June 15th, 2009

McCain's Health Care Vision

Tony Harris spoke with Senator John McCain today about the Republican vision for health care reform. The Senator discussed some of the reasons costs are out of control and outlined how he would address them.

1. Rosita

Since 30 years ago western countries have been waiting for a new word from Iranians, we are showing you new words and movements, what are u waiting for? Support us.

June 15, 2009 at 3:55 pm |
  2. Mark Lodes

John McCain is a socialist! All he wants to do is force everyone to take the government option! He wants government to pay for our healthcare! What a socialist!

June 15, 2009 at 4:36 pm |
  3. Helen Gene

I have health insurance, great health insurance...at the moment. Having worked all my life and having great health insurance I have been lucky, as was my husband. Lucky that is until I was very ill and stopped working and then four months later my husband lost his job for the first time in his life. Needing $150,000 transplant, we paid for COBRA...again we were lucky and had savings and investments to use during this time. After two years, my husband found a new job and again we have great health insurance...for now. I know most people have not been as lucky as we have been. That's why we know there must be change and that means health care for all...a public option. I support a health care public option.

June 15, 2009 at 5:05 pm |
  4. POV

Malpractice lawsuits are needed to keep doctors honest and paying attention. If you lose your eyes due to a Dr's mistake, you should be able to sue the pants off him and not be limited to $250k. Caps are just insurance company profit protection.

Many docs also have interests in the testing facilities so they make money when you visit the office and they make money when you get the test done. Doctors should not be permitted to own testing facilities that benefit them financially. Dr Frist comes to mind.

Expanded and improved Medicare for All is the only option that will solve the crisis. Everything else is lipstick on a pig.

I am so glad grampy lost the election. His advocating interfering in Iran's election is very disturbing.

June 15, 2009 at 8:29 pm |
  5. Hubert Humbert

Insurance companies are only competing with each other for PROFITS. They have no incentive to insure those of us who are a risk.
    Those of us who need healthcare have it slowly sapped away from us.
    The current system has failed and will continue to fail.

And maybe if doctors knew what they were doing they'd be less likely to be sued.

June 16, 2009 at 11:22 am |
  6. CSM

It is stunning that the Congress will not look to single payer medical because it would have a negative impact on the insurance companies. It is good to know the priorities of the supposed public representatives.

June 16, 2009 at 12:53 pm |
  7. Tom Harper

I can't watch the video because only have dial-up internet, but unless he's suggesting a health care plan like Senators have then all I have to say is support the Public Option. Okay, I guess I'm asking for too much. How about the health care his horse gets?

June 16, 2009 at 2:51 pm |
  8. Tom Harper

CSM:

They are not looking at a single payer plan because when Congress hears single payer they think Socialism. When they think Socialism they think Marxism. When they think Marxism they think Communism. And they think Communism they think the Progressive Income Tax. Opps, we've already got the Progressive Income Tax. Da, Comrade.

June 16, 2009 at 3:22 pm |