Today on CNN Newsroom

June 22nd, 2009

Making Money Off Murders

While researching "murderabilia" for our Friday segment, we came across some incredible/inexplicable stuff for sale. Seriously... who buys it? And, as one of our Tweeters asked, "Do they break it out at dinner parties for fun?" As you ponder that scenario, check out Kyra's interview with "Mr. Murderabilia" Andy Kahan.

There was a lot more we wanted to ask Andy about, but we ran out of time. (In fact, we were a little late getting out of the show - sorry, Team Sanchez!) Anyway, Andy was nice enough to share one of his blog posts; if you'd like to know more about his war on "murderabilia", have a look.

1. Angelita

I think murderabilia is sick, it's one way of glorifying and taking a souvenir and to top it all, selling it off, of someone taking the life of another human being, in cold blood. I don't get it. I agree with lawmakers who need to make this illegal, and shame to e-bay for saying they are not the guardians of morality, they are making money out of the honors of the victims. Hopefully, the plight of the victim does not come close to them, if it does, maybe they'll understand where people like me, are coming from. Murderabilia is sick, it needs to be stopped, and whoever profits from it, hopefully gets the karma out of it too.

June 22, 2009 at 6:15 am |
  2. Greg Martin

I read today in the Wall Street Journal that Siemens along with Nokia have helped the Iranian government monitor and manipulate the internet in Iran. I then read in the next section that Siemens is expected to receive about $8 billion in revenue from the US stimulus program.

I want to know why? What happened to the economic sanctions imposed against Iran and why is our government rewarding companies that violate those sanctions?

There are people dying in the streets over there because those blood sucking companies will do anything for a Euro.

This is wrong and we should not be rewarding them with taxpayer dollars.

June 22, 2009 at 12:58 pm |
  3. Dahisma

I have vote for Mr Moussavi now I change my opinion because too much of victims I want peace and freedom now with all my brothers and my sisters Iranians here and in the world I'm very sad for my familie in Iran and also the others families

June 22, 2009 at 7:57 pm |
  4. zara

I see the photo of Neda on cnn again and again to throw to the ground with of blood I'm devastate I'm sorry for you and for me again our image in the world on the show of T.V. the Prince Reza is very comfortable in her house in U.S.A. I'm not going to protests I wait for the diplomacy of president Obama but I don't want the war of media

June 22, 2009 at 8:12 pm |
  5. Abdel

In america the protests are protect by the security extraordinary also the security of Mr moussavi but the innoncent people are not protect are to think to people in Iran make attention to republican of Bush a another war you want that I don't want another war

June 22, 2009 at 8:23 pm |
  6. Masoud Miremadi

Hi there,

Thanks so much for covering my country event!.

I would like to mention one point:

Krita Parsi who you interview with him is in no way an Iranian representative. No way. He is supporting from Rafsanjani's party and he is Islamic Republic lobbyist to USA. Be carefull of his comment on your wonderful TV. I hope you consider it.

Masoud

June 22, 2009 at 8:27 pm |
  7. Jean

No National Health System has been one of the problems with America. If there was a N.H.C. system, employers would only offer health insurance supplement with insurance companies, called "Company Insurance" i.e., health insurance which is not covered by N.H.C., such as for certain hospital care, eye care and other medical care. If the government offers a Health Care Insurance Plan, obviously, insurance companies will only offer a supplement, which is not covered by the Hospital Insurance Plan. This is what employees have in Canada. They do pay for this. It is automaticlaly deducted from their salary. If they are no longer employed, they will continue to receive the supplement Insurance for, at least, three months. If they can afford it, they are free to get insurance supplement with insurance companies. If they retire, the company insurance will continue until their death. In Toronto, it is O.H.I.P., Ontario Hospital Insurance Plan, paid for by the government. However, it is our tax dollars which pay for it. America should have had a National Health Care Plan or System years ago for its citizens. It is a shame that this was not instituted years ago. It is also an additional shame that there are so many people who are against it, resulting in numerous discussions and debates pro and con. Those who can afford to pay for overall medical and hospital care, will obviously be against it and they are inconsiderate, not caring about those who cannot afford this care. Give the people a National Health Care System and have it over and done with, once and for all.

June 23, 2009 at 2:52 pm |
  8. Larry

We live in a sick world Kyra.

If we don't get back to the basics of decency we're asking for our own demise.

June 24, 2009 at 9:12 am |