Today on CNN Newsroom

June 24th, 2009

Health Care Reform: A Candid Conversation

Today President Obama met with 5 governors to talk about health care reform. We decided to have our own conversation in the CNN NewsRoom with Kyra Phillips, a cancer patient who is shelling out thousands of dollars out of pocket even though she has insurance, and our own CNN Medical Correspondent Elizabeth Cohen.

1. Cheryl

The House and Senate could impress me by giving up their health care insurance for a year. How much would that save?

June 25, 2009 at 11:19 am |
  2. Jessica in Nashville

Kyra,

The story about the couple who are struggling financially and had to "give up there personal trainer", is pathetic. It is offensive to average folks like me who struggle to keep a roof over our heads and put food on the table. Really they're not suffering. You should be covering the millions of homeless people and those who are utilizing the food kitchens etc. Nobody really needs a personal trainer or a pond in there yard, those are extras not necessities. I am disappointed because CNN is way better than that.

Jessica

June 25, 2009 at 2:30 pm |
  3. Jean

I am opposed to same sex marriage. These people are people too. We must respect them as people, according them human rights, respect and dignity. Absolutely no one should murder them for their preferential lifestyle, as abhorrent as they feel it is. They chose that lifestyle for whatever reason which is a mystery to me. Just as I am anti-abortion, life should be from conception to natural death. No human beings have a right to murder anyone. That is the Law of God, one of His Ten Commandments, Thou Shalt Not Kill. People want to live a long, happy and peaceful life, allow others to do likewise. God is the Judge. Do not kill homosexual men and lesbians and that is a command from God Himself. Those who kill will pay the price. You will condemn yourself to Hell. Children need to be taught love and respect for others. You do not appreciate a person's lifestyle, leave them alone. If possible stay away from them. They are responsible for their lives. If they are wrong, the day will come when our patient God will give them their just recompense as they deserve and just as each one of us deserve. You are not God and God sent you to kill no one and did not ask you to do so. Comprehend? The finality of it all is, let them live their lives as they wish and do not discriminate against them in any way and do not murder them. As yourself, they are God's children too, made in His own image and likeness. In God's eyes, we are all the same, children of God. May God enlighten you accordingly.

June 25, 2009 at 3:15 pm |
  4. Jean

Sad to hear of Farah Fawcett's death. I did see the movie on TV Burning Bed. Some great movie that was. It appears gone are the days of good movies. I recall people would be eager to get home after work and perform their household chores and get comfortable to view the evening movie.

June 25, 2009 at 3:21 pm |
  5. Deona

I think its sad that cnn is already talking about his debt the day after he dies you all should be ashamed let his true fans grief first

June 26, 2009 at 9:40 am |
  6. greg hibbard

im a fan of early music 5 years ago my life changed hit by drunk driver ive been on pain meds since. twice i wound up in hospital as meds slowed my heart and breathing its hard to take as prescibed people need sleep studies and c-paps to help breath at night.

June 26, 2009 at 11:26 am |
  7. Marijane Guy

An example of Medicare Abuse and good use. I have Kaiser Permanente Senior Advantage. For C Pap breathing machine Kaiser charged a one time fee through Apria Health care $340 which I paid. My husband has Medicare A,B,F and AARP Supplimental.Insurance. For the same machine his health service charges $600/month to Medicare and they pay $99/mo. He pays nothing. I like the Kaiser non use of taxpayer money. I pay $91/ mo for my Senior Advantage. He pays $248/mo to AARP. Obama's plan kills the good with he bad. Keep good single payer programs like Kaiser.

July 21, 2009 at 3:23 pm |
  8. Chul

HEATHCARE REFORM BILL in the Senate floor now must be good
    one,which is opposed by the all the Republicans who screwed-up
    this COUNTRY past eight years.

December 21, 2009 at 12:57 pm |