Today on CNN Newsroom

July 2nd, 2009
  1. Manuel

what is I.O.U.

July 2, 2009 at 1:41 pm |
  2. Nelson

Sooo I would like to use my I.O.U. the next time I have to register my car...Or pay the taxes on my house...Or heck just to pay any tax. Maybe I can use my I.O.U for my next mortgage payment!!! Funny a state just does not want to or can not pay and they can do an IOU I do not make my car payment and they are coming for the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nelson in Maine

July 2, 2009 at 2:26 pm |
  3. Gary G

Please revert to news coverage and stop saturation coverage of Michael Jackson. Recall, if you will, we are at war, Iran is in flux, N. Korea may launch in days etc. Dr. Gupta diagnosing MJ with a murky rehersal video?
    Interviewing minor players in MJ's life as if each was a major news piece?
    I think a lot of us are frustrated with the numbing saturation coverage.
    Raise the bar a bit boys.

July 2, 2009 at 4:31 pm |
  4. michael armstrong sr.

I.O.U means S.O.L. when a state has to start giving out I.O.U.'s that means there going to have to dig into next years budget to pay for last years short fall in other words exspect I.O.U's next year also and dont be supprised on settelments that means you get only half of what your owed .

July 2, 2009 at 6:43 pm |
  5. Willie (Gretna, Fl)

Why don't they (Cali) just borrow the money from their movie star Governor!

July 3, 2009 at 11:30 am |
  6. Daniel

It is sad that a state with as many millionaires as California has is broke. I don't see any of those folks stepping up to help their beloved California? That just goes to show that they are not thinking of anyone but themselves. California has brought this situation on to themselves.

July 3, 2009 at 1:18 pm |
  7. CAESAR PETERS

NOTHING!!! I got one concerning my renter's rebait check from the franchise tax board in Ca. back in Oct '08 and I've , so far got, NOTHING!!!

July 3, 2009 at 3:44 pm |