Today on CNN Newsroom

July 25th, 2009

The 30 Second Pitch: Roadside Resumes Success!

Recent college graduates Sean Christman and A.J. O'Malley got our attention when they started passing out resumes on the side of the road.

We have an update on them.

A.J. O' Malley tells us that today is his first day on a new job.
And Sean Christman starts his new job next week.

Their on-air pitches left Kyra in stitches so we thought you'd enjoy them the second time around.

If you want to be part of the pitch get in touch with us here or tweet us @KyraCNN.

1. michael armstrong sr.

This is a pethetic concept all these people needs jobs be a brave american and join the armed forces unless your a coward and dont love your country enough to defend it and if you are then you dont deserve a job .

July 25, 2009 at 2:39 pm |
  2. sandra wooden

I would like to make a comment in regard to cambridge proffesor. Until you walk in a black mans shoes you will not understand the and the disdain that others have for blacks. His neighbor know what color he is and I am sure he was reckonized, thry may have not liked him to be in thier neighborhood because of his color even Opray Winfrey has felt this by trying to get into a retail store thedoor was locked and remember the black man shot in ny 32 times becausse he reached for his wallet to show his ID haveany of you been shot forbeing in your own home door way and trying to follow directions on police looking to protect citizen but shot him for complying I would like and answer I would like to know what neighbor I am sure that they were not concered about his house but it was blacks in the neighborhood thank you

July 25, 2009 at 4:15 pm |
  3. Peggy Duncan

These guys should pursue careers in marketing! Should have had a Website, blog, Twitter, LinkedIn or something to refer people to at the end.

July 25, 2009 at 5:41 pm |
  4. sandra wooden

I do not like the situation that a neighbor made a comment about a black man breaking into a home, if she lived in the neighborhood she should beaware that she or he will be seeing blacks, I think this was intentionally done by the neighbor, upset because blacks in her community if this is not so I am sorry to have made t hat comment.
    Blacks are up against this everyday, until you yourself have been a situation such as this. I feel sorry for the professor to have been attacked in his home , where are we as black safe sure not riding while black and not reaching for your wallet for ID. remember man shot in Bronx 32 times because he reached for his wallet are the old black lady trying to protect her home in project was shot point blank by a cop with a lot of help. so very sad. What will happen if you die and find out GOD is black I guess a lot of people will take up residence in hell

July 25, 2009 at 6:44 pm |
  5. Betty Phillips

God Bless Michael Armstrong Sr, your words in this comment were so heart rendering, no truer words could have been spoken, It is so wonderful to see an article that is written with truth, honesty and compassion. Bless you. Betty

July 25, 2009 at 7:19 pm |
  6. Jerry Harrison

To Don Lemon..I worked with John Lindsay in the 60's to overturn Aid to Families with Dependent Children as it was unfair to single mothers driving men from their homes who could not get jobs..
    I created and implemented the media campaign for Bobby Kennedy for the U.S. senate against Kenneth Keating..so I am not some nutjob or right winger..but
    ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...you are dragging out this Cambridge story, promoting and overpromoting your series Black In America and constanting talking about Michael Jackson..enough. White people with concerns for jobs, housing the economy are also watching CNN. I believe you will see because of President Obama's including in Cambridge a SIZEABLE decrease in his popularity and all of his progarms will be affected...you are contributing to this by focusing totally on black issues..

July 25, 2009 at 8:00 pm |
  7. Pam

I think people are missing the point. The man was in his own home!!!!Once the i.d. was shown (& couldn't the officer look around & see I am sure he had pictures of himself somewhere in the house) that should have been it. How about I'm sorry for the intrusion, just following up on a complaint, have a nice day. Besides, I am sure the officer already raidoed the info & found out whose house it really was. There was no cause for all of the other. I would have been mad too if the officer took it any further. It really should not have gotten that far. It was not Obama's fault, it was the officers fault, he could have just accepted the id & left end of story;.

July 25, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  8. HABIB HAYAT

A TIME TO THINK SERIOUSLY HOW THESE ISSUES WILL BE RESOLVED AND NOT SPREAD..

July 26, 2009 at 2:02 am |
  9. Dr. Galen Wathen

Regarding your segment of "hero needs a job" , or the 30 second pitch.
    Today if the first tiem I have seen that segment (7/29). It made me cry. Such a good idea. Among the MJ/Gates/birthers nonsense, this is real. It's the kind of thing that CNN would have done in the last depression. This is a wonderful segment and I hope you continue it.

July 29, 2009 at 2:32 pm |
  10. Sevil Kramer

I am looking job since 3 years.I can not find.
    I have Nutrition and Dietary Greduated.
    I need job,Please some one must help me.

July 30, 2009 at 1:21 pm |
  11. sandra wooden

I think that this situation was also this was apregudice situation, we are profiled at all times it is a fact . And looking at the body language of the sgt, you can see his arragance and the way he was lookiing at the black officeer that was speaking as if to say you better make sure you back me up and in the end you see him run over to white or hispanic officer like this is right. When VP Chenney shot the man point blankk on his property we heard hardly anything even though it should have been investigate.
    That Black gentlemen that stated we blacks should not all ways say it is racial, What does he say about the man in bronx 32 times and all the other times blacks have been sshot by white cops who shoot first and ask question,. Please ask him this as I would love to hear his thoughts. Candy is this best news analyst. Please please answer for me and a lot of other blacks who do not get their word across

July 30, 2009 at 6:25 pm |