Today on CNN Newsroom

July 27th, 2009

Political ‘Half-Truths’ from left and right?

There are all sorts of competing claims about what’s happening to the billions of dollars in recovery funds, and our Josh Levs is keeping an eye on them.

Has the stimulus already provided $43 billion in tax relief? And how much are you paying for those signs along the highway touting the stimulus? Watch Josh with fellow fact-checker Bill Adair of Politifact.com.

Join Josh Levs along with Betty Nguyen and TJ Holmes in the CNN Newsroom, weekend mornings, 6am ET/3am PT.

Post by:
Filed under: Clips from CNN Newsroom • Josh Levs
  1. jarrod1986

If the republicans have it there way we have NO, schools, NO jobs, NO foodstamps, NO healthcare, NO help and hope. But the rich capitalists would be makein money hand over fists. So what ever they say belive the opposite.

July 27, 2009 at 6:51 am |
  2. Jo in Iowa

I work with payroll in a small business. I am shocked at how much less we are deducting from employee payroll checks. I believe there is 43 billion in tax relief.

July 27, 2009 at 9:31 am |
  3. michael armstrong sr.

The thing about the stimulus going to highways is that most of highway workers in tx. are Hispanic so the money's are not reaching all races.

July 27, 2009 at 9:43 am |
  4. suhail khan

Stimulus money has not as yet hit open market most of it is being used as cushion(holding back) what we might need is another stimulus package so the cushioned money is pushed from the pieline out in the market money exchanging hands so its in circulation

July 27, 2009 at 3:18 pm |
  5. Betty Phillips

This comment replies to the remark by Gibbs about the uncertainty of Obama's birth certificate. W ho in their right mind would believe anything out of Gibbs mouth, he would sell his own mother for 50 cents, but, then he would "forget" to pay his share of taxes on the 50cent piece, Now you are going to tell me that because Gibbs says Obama is an American Citizen, that I am going to believe it now?
    I am sorry for all the citizens and voters who voted for Obama, they
    have been used more than the non Obama voters. Please Gibbs do us all a favor and try not to convince us that Obama is an American Citizen, your word for Obama's behalf is most laughable. Betty

July 27, 2009 at 7:09 pm |
  6. Mark

Anybody who believes anything from the GOP says is a fool. I have never seen a bigger bunch of liars anywhere since Hitlers days. Have people learned nothing in the last 8 years? It will be a very very cold day in hell before the GOP gets my vote again, so I hope Palin the clown lady runs for president, since she is the typical GOP suporter, dumber than mustard seed. GOP theme song should be "What a fool believes".

July 28, 2009 at 3:00 pm |
  7. RusRus

I dont think the rich capitalists understand that if the average person is broke, they can't make any money. I refuse to work for any corporation, I only work for myself now. If I deal with any corporation it is strictly to rip them off like they have done to people for decades. I AM NOT A CORPORATE TOOL. It is time for us the people to take back our rights from the corporations, no and's if's or butt's, and if we have to take up arms to do it, thats fine by me I am ready.

July 28, 2009 at 3:04 pm |
  8. michael armstrong sr.

Money has hypnotized our nation and the world as if it were god we are worshiping the almighty dollar as it were a cow of gold leading our world into darkness .

July 28, 2009 at 3:19 pm |
  9. Carol Mayer

Republians do what they always do best.....LIE! This is nothing new.
    The real problem is people (mushroom) believe it. So SAD!

It must be a very slow news day to keep up the stupid things going....maybe it is Cnn that is stupid!

July 28, 2009 at 7:00 pm |
  10. Maryann

No In reference to your comment about GOP liers and Hitler's. It is really the other way around that was a total description of the LEFT SOCIALIST!!! Oh and Sarah Palin would not run our country into the ground , as it is happening now !!!!She will run for president and she will bring The Change our country needs. I guess media and liberals can't stop talking about her , BECAUSE SHE IS THEIR BIGGEST FEAR!!! and if the birth certificate is no big deal why does'nt Obama
    Just Show it . What's the big deal of showing your birth certificate???Unless you have something to HIDE

July 28, 2009 at 7:46 pm |
  11. Legacy

What's up TJ?

I'm a bit curious... After the press confrence by the 911caller why is it that No One will talk about the Central Issue...

Since when do police officers write events in their Official Police Report that didn't happen? Is that Protocol?
    If the reference to the "two black males with backpacks." was made up, then you have to question the entire Official Police Report. It's that sipmle...
    Either he lied or he imagined it. Officers that lie on Official Police Reports should be Fired. Officers that imagine events that didn't take place Should not be on the Force.

July 30, 2009 at 12:59 pm |
  12. Ron

We never hear about the future of Dentistry in this new health plan. Dental reimbursement is usually separate from medical reimbursement. What will be covered under the new plan and how would this affect the public and dentists? – Ron

August 15, 2009 at 3:19 pm |