Today on CNN Newsroom

August 20th, 2009

The 30 Pitch: Two Job Seekers

Hamdi Alkhshali moved to Atlanta from Iraq with his wife and three children as a refugee.

He was a body guard for CNN crews as we covered the war and enabled Kyra to get into some dangerous areas to bring you stories of Iraqis living in a war zone.

He's an experienced security professional and an electrical engineer.

If you have a job for him you may e-mail him at: h.alkheshali@gmail.com

Also check out our job seeker from Thursday:

Dave Lotocki was a successful human resources professional until he got the notice in May; he'd been laid off.

We loved his story because Dave was willing to talk about his initial attempts to hide his situation and how he was finally able to open up and reach out to friends.

He says if you're looking for a job never be afraid to reach out to anyone you know for help.

Dave says he's networking, looking online and is even asking alumni of his college fraternity for help with contacts.

Watch his pitch with Kyra. If you have a job for him you may e-mail him at: lotocki.david@gmail.com

If you want to be part of the pitch get in touch with us here or reach out to us on twitter @KyraCNN.

Tune in to CNN NewsRoom on Thursdays for The 30 Second Pitch.

1. sk

Verify Mr. Alkhshali's e-mail address, h.alkheshali@gmail.com. Notice that the spelling of his last name differs from the last name as presented in the e-mail address. Good Luck Mr. Alkhshali'

August 21, 2009 at 2:25 pm |
  2. Cabell

Thanks for the assist in locating employment for Mr.Hamdi Alkhshali.

I am curious if CNN affords returning American disabled veterans the same opportunity. I know personally of a returning vet with a BA, MA+ and even the US Department of Veterans Affairs would not consider his employment application. Oh, one VA position only required a High School education.

The bumper sticker claims, "Thank a Vet," but I think THANK is misspelled.

August 21, 2009 at 2:58 pm |
  3. Carrie A

Hi sk,

Thanks for double-checking. Yes, Hamdi's name and e-mail address are both correct. (It caused our copy editor some consternation, I should tell you...) Have a good weekend!

Carrie A

August 21, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  4. gloria lewis

I would like need a job ,but more than a job i need a 30 second pitch to tell the public about a song that was written to fix the place and raise money to bail out the people .The song is called fix the place it the proceeds from the download of the songs go to helping getting families caught up on their bills .Now i need a job but millions of people need a job also .If we can get people caught up on their bills then they will have money to spend and the jobs will be there for everyone .So cnn can you help me please visit unityispowerinc,com for song and a little video by my son click on song fix the place .

August 21, 2009 at 10:18 pm |
  5. C.O.L.4E1.L.I.F.E. of Missouri

I would love to join someone's business! I've been out of a job since February of last year! 'Lord know's how much I truly need work! How much more suffering that I must go through? There's one thing that I've learned, faith! My faith in The Most High is stronger than ever before! I've find out more about myself! What's my limit's? Getting more wise as I get older! Learned how to cope with depression! (without taking anti-depression drugs) Having better relations with others, family and friend's! The life that I've been blessed to live is unbelievable! God is Good! Jesus is King! Love will Reign! Peace and Love!

Counting On Love 4Every1 Liven In Foul Enviroment's of North America

August 22, 2009 at 6:04 am |
  6. Milton Smith

Build a sky base to control the atmospere solar filters nano quantum qark fab injection electromag halo networking leads. Money hanging over thy head will put the to sleep so goooooood!

August 27, 2009 at 1:49 pm |