Today on CNN Newsroom

October 15th, 2009

"America's Mom" helping people get tech savvy

You know her as the iconic "Mrs. Brady," and now Florence Henderson - who's been called "America's Mom" - has a new mission: helping people who didn't grow up with computers learn to be tech savvy. This morning in the Newsroom, I'll speak with her about her new venture, www.flohclub.com. Plus we'll get the truth behind some of those Brady Bunch rumors, as the show celebrates its 40th anniversary!

Filed under: Heidi Collins • Josh Levs
  1. michael armstrong sr. TX.

This is great people who arnt computer savy dont know what there missing CNN bleeps me alot but even thats fun sometimes I get a little obserd but every one needs to learn.

October 15, 2009 at 10:45 am |
  2. Jackie

That's awesome! There should be more people like her out there

October 15, 2009 at 12:00 pm |
  3. DAVID

concerning rush these people that throw stones are they without sin

October 15, 2009 at 12:04 pm |
  4. Glenn from Florida

There can be unintended consequences to this. My mother is 83 years old and widowed. Since my dad passed away she has had numerous people and businesses either take advantage of her or flat out try to scam her. I do my best at taking care of these situations remotely, but the only ones I know about are those she tells me about.

I would be scared to death if she had e-mail access considering all of the phishing schemes out there. She is an intelligent woman, but a little to trusting, and I think if she had e-mail access by now she would be broke/bankrupt because of someone scamming her. I make sure there are no computers in the house.

October 15, 2009 at 12:29 pm |
  5. Shilpee Desai

Hi Josh,

I would like to share the following video with you.

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuiAW_6XKVM&w=640&h=360]

Additionally, please run a segment of celebration of Diwali for lot of your viewers from India and Indians around the world.

Thanks,

Shilpee

October 16, 2009 at 8:11 pm |
  6. sally

savy is the way to go

October 17, 2009 at 2:34 am |
  7. amin yousouf

Hi Josh:

I have sold all my real states and businesses before the markets went down. Banks have my money by handrads of thousands and give me no interest. where should I investe ? new way or old way what is good. Thanks

Amin y