Today on CNN Newsroom

October 26th, 2009

Flight 188 Passenger Speaks

What was it like onboard that Northwest Airlines flight that few more than 150 miles off course? CNN's Betty Nguyen gets some answers from a passenger.

Join Betty Nguyen and TJ Holmes weekend mornings in the CNN Newsroom, beginning 6am ET/ 3am PT.

1. Scott Stodden

Iam so sorry but until I receive proof and I mean actual proof I going with my belief that these pilots fell asleep. Even if you was in a heated discussion you would know when your landing destination would be, these men fell asleep and its ok but just tell the truth.

Scott Stodden (Freeport,Illinois)

October 26, 2009 at 6:28 am |
  2. Ann J

I'd like to know when the airline is actually going to reach out to the passengers on board. Why are we only getting information from the media?

October 26, 2009 at 11:29 am |
  3. Chris D.

I'd really like to know where the flight attendants were. They haven't been mentioned and the passenger didn't seem to notice them. Don't you think they'd have realized something was wrong? Where were they?

October 26, 2009 at 1:25 pm |
  4. Leon Crandell

Give them a brake, people do stupid things!

October 27, 2009 at 2:22 pm |
  5. Marie Fuller

Yes, sometimes people do stupid things and these "stupid things" can sometimes cause disaster. The fact that this incident did not does not release those pilots of their responsibility to pay attention when nearing their destination. I do wonder why a flight attendant couldn't make contact with them and ask why they were running so late. That might have awakened them or brought them back to their senses!? I have great faith in our commercial pilots but pilots like doctors, policemen, firemen etc. have greater reponsibilities which do not allow for stupidity,and that includes paying attention to their job.

October 27, 2009 at 4:29 pm |
  6. Peggy Frey

I would like to know how much fuel was in the plane when it landed.....How much further could it have gone?

October 27, 2009 at 5:19 pm |
  7. Leon Crandell

Correct they do have greater responsibility, but Losing their jobs and careers for for an moments inattentiveness is a bit steep. We have more pressing problems, with a media that reports a lot of stories with a biased sensational slant, doctors that cut off the wrong limbs, bank fees and regulations, a war that is out of hand, and so much more. Shouldn't we first look at their records? before we put them and their family in the soup line.

October 27, 2009 at 5:25 pm |
  8. Yan Saelens

I'm a pilot and i can't imagine you miss those radio calls. If you don't respond they (ATC) repeat your callsign numerous times and if they still haven't got a response they contact you on the emergency frequency (121.5)...numerous times again..
    Even if you are having a discussion, your brains are triggered by your call sign, they should have heard it.
    Therefore, my believe is that those pilots fell asleep...
    Jan

October 28, 2009 at 9:32 am |
  9. Philomena Soltero

TJ. Homes:

Doctor Archer was refreshing. He certainly knew what he was takjng about.

You are doing a nice job. I like your style.

November 8, 2009 at 3:21 am |