Today on CNN Newsroom

October 26th, 2009

The NEW CNN.com

Welcome to the new CNN.com! It’s a new look, a new feel, and packed with new features. The new version of CNN.com is all about giving you a better, more interesting and even exciting user experience.

Today in the Newsroom, Josh Levs will be showing you how to navigate through, while Nicole Lapin shows us the new iReport. Josh will also read some of your views on the air. What do you think of the new CNN.com?

Filed under: Heidi Collins • Josh Levs • Kyra Phillips • Nicole Lapin • Tony Harris
  1. Cookie

I am excited and look forward to seeing the segment on CNN.

October 26, 2009 at 8:45 am |
  2. Sherry - Illinois

Love the new CNN.com! It is much more user friendly and easy to navigate. Thank you!

October 26, 2009 at 9:37 am |
  3. Shorty

Love the new look! Very easy to find what I'm looking for, thank you for a great job with this!

October 26, 2009 at 9:40 am |
  4. Scott Stodden

I love it so much and I love CNN just as much

Scott Stodden (Freeport,Illinois)

October 26, 2009 at 9:40 am |
  5. Pat in Georgia

I was shocked to see the new CNN home page Saturday - I thought the roll-out was supposed to be today. I have a couple of comments / questions about the new page:
    1) the page doesn't refresh automatically like the old one did - is that on purpose?
    2) why does the "news pulse" tab say "beta" if this is indeed ready for prime time?

October 26, 2009 at 9:46 am |
  6. Carrie me to a Public Option

Wow! It is a lot easier to add comments now. Thanx!

October 26, 2009 at 9:56 am |
  7. Robert

The new CNN.com is a good site, and I just have to say, Heidi Collins is doing a great job anchoring CNN Newsroom. The woman is smart, sexy and professional. Hope CNN knows what a great talent they have and put her kn the pedestal she deserves.

October 26, 2009 at 10:06 am |
  8. michael armstrong sr. TX.

I think ill take it out for a test drive and check it for rattels.

October 26, 2009 at 10:07 am |
  9. Joe from Waverly, IA.

Cnn.com... SIMPLIFIED! I love this new site. Not only is it intense eye-candy, but it is also so much easier to use and navigate. I'm also loving the videos embedded into the site. A++++++!

October 26, 2009 at 10:40 am |
  10. Steve

Thank You for the upgrade much easier to use in general and particularly on my Blackberry.

October 26, 2009 at 10:43 am |
  11. agneta owen

What's with the new page? Very hard on the eyes and must have been designed by a male. Next time, ask for viewer input.

October 26, 2009 at 10:47 am |
  12. Erin

I hate the new site. The headlines are too small and you have to scroll through multiple sections to see the news. It is far to busy as well.

October 26, 2009 at 10:58 am |
  13. Tom in Iowa

Like the new look but whats with all the ads? They are everywhere... I know you guys need to make money but there are nearly as many ads as news stories on the pages now.

October 26, 2009 at 11:02 am |
  14. WMS Graham

Hi Josh:

I don't mind the new site, but the old site had the DOW numbers and other market stats right up there on the first page.

As I access this information all day, CNN will no longer be my home page!

Scott

October 26, 2009 at 12:27 pm |
  15. Susie

Not happy with the new site. Takes a long time to load.

October 26, 2009 at 12:28 pm |
  16. Jimmy Limo

HEY JOSH ! Where's the SCIENCE SECTION ? Too much stuff about Twitter and nothing on science, outer space, new discoveries, etc...
    MAJOR OVERSIGHT !!!

October 26, 2009 at 12:41 pm |
  17. Rene

What happen to the local news option? is it hidden somewhere now? I really used it for my local news, please put it back on the home page. Overall I dont like it, sorry. The old one was more practical.

October 26, 2009 at 12:43 pm |
  18. Richard

The new site is well worth the huge CNN effort! Best of all, it shows CNN's dedication to making CNN.com a major part of it's journalistic mission.

October 26, 2009 at 12:44 pm |
  19. Muin

Who thought of ugly red background on top? Awful

October 26, 2009 at 12:59 pm |
  20. Jalisa

The new site looks pretty good. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but for me the site is loading VERY slowly. Just to get to the main site took about 1-2 mins. It shouldn't take that long CNN!!

October 26, 2009 at 1:09 pm |
  21. K.J

That red bar at the top is a little too harsh. And I am definately not enjoying the "news pulse". I very much prefered the section that it replaced. Otherwise the site is easier to use (especially the videos).

October 26, 2009 at 1:11 pm |
  22. Stan

The new site looks nice but the headlines are too small and don't stand out like the previous ones did.Also hate the videos on top of the front page. It should be a video gallery at least not just one or two videos

October 26, 2009 at 1:13 pm |
  23. Joel-KS

New Website – Nicely done although i would get rid of the pop ad everytime you go to your home page. it is annoying!

October 26, 2009 at 2:25 pm |
  24. Karen

Love it. CNN has been my home page for years. I signed on the other day and thought who has been messing with my computer. It is finally up to date (modern). Best of all you still have all the news and it is still easy to find what you want to read about. Congrads and thanks.

October 26, 2009 at 2:26 pm |
  25. L. Caution

The new design assumes that all your viewers/net visitors have high-speed broadband access. Lots of us still use dial-up or have low-speed DSL. What we need, more than anything, are transcripts, not videos.

October 26, 2009 at 2:38 pm |
  26. Mark

Horrible. Big red content-free bar covering too much of the screen. Pictures are too large and the headlines are too small and placed off to the side. I usually check CNN.com quickly each day to see the latest headlines and now upon loading the page they account for less than 10% of what I see on the page.

October 26, 2009 at 2:40 pm |
  27. M McMillan

Good job on the website revamp! Much more visually appealing, easier to navigate and I really like the weather personalization. Thanks, long overdue!

October 26, 2009 at 2:52 pm |
  28. David

What stands out is the breadth of CNN's reporting, I've only used the new site for a couple days, though. I'm surprised that the first heading is "Entertainment" of the different sections. Seems like it should more hard news right there. Science should be in the Tech section. There are always loads of science reports and articles on CNN and CNN.com.

October 26, 2009 at 4:03 pm |
  29. JIM

Yeah, yeah there's a new page. How about some news!! Hope this is up there somewhere tomorrow so its location will be more pertinent.

So what’s newsworthy about Rash Limbaugh’s gaffe? He didn’t do his analysis, didn’t do his due diligence, and didn’t validate his sources. I know, I know, his housekeeper gave him the story.

JIM

October 26, 2009 at 4:12 pm |
  30. trinity

Sorry, CNN, but you blew this one, imho. The old site was much easier to read, and had the info right where it was convenient to view. Any chance of users having the option to use a 'classic' view and see the old layout?

October 26, 2009 at 9:48 pm |
  31. Lollie Wheeler

The public option with the 'opt out' provision totally undermines the power given to citizens to choose affordable healthcare. Passing the buck of the public option decision off to state legislatures is counter productive. It just gives the insurance lobbyists another chance to kill the public option and profit off the sick, poor, and uninsured. Without a robust public option pressuring insurance companies to offer fair rates, they'll conduct business as usual, which means premiums increasing annually. I'm disgusted with the watering down of good reform to mollify republicans....they won't vote yes on anything that may threaten profits of health insurance companies anyway! We need to allow ALL citizens to be able to choose the public option if they prefer.

October 27, 2009 at 9:34 am |
  32. Susan

Now – I am totally mixed up. So if we can opt out of the public option what happens with the money that the government is going to start taking out of our paychecks for the public option – will we get the money back. I heard we will be having a substantial chunk of money taken out of our paychecks, whether we like it or not! Any answers?

October 27, 2009 at 10:13 am |
  33. MoneyedPoliticians

How about a public option that lets companies and individuals opt into Medicare at cost, with subsidies to the unemployed? Too simple?

October 27, 2009 at 10:16 am |
  34. Hope

Not liking it. I always used to log onto CNN first thing and go to the news that breaks up into sections, Northeast, Southeast, Midwest and West. I'd click on interesting story lines that caught my eye. Now I don't even see this link. Hmm, I'll look again maybe I am just missing it. It took longer to load (could be my side on the loading issue): is not easily navigated to find reading material. I hate to have to listen to video in the morning. I like to read my news and have quiet; so I find it off putting.

October 27, 2009 at 12:23 pm |
  35. Jason

Absolutely hate the new site. WAY too much going on. If there's no improvement soon, I'll have to find a new go-to news site.

October 27, 2009 at 12:29 pm |
  36. Jim

I can't find the live video news feeds! Have they been eliminated? The search box finds Larry King Live etc. but that isn't what I'm looking for. For me, the new site is way to cluttered and difficult to navigate.

October 27, 2009 at 6:16 pm |
  37. levi

Site LOOKS great, but is it just me or has there been a major change in content. The articles seem to read a lot more wonky and, how shall I put it, "Fox-ish!" Please tell me roll out of the new look isn't accompanied by a strategy to dumb down and sensationalize content.

October 29, 2009 at 11:17 pm |
  38. Leonard

Where did the science section go?

October 30, 2009 at 10:53 am |
  39. Mike

Change is inevitable. People hate change. I absolutely enjoy the new site, and CNN.

November 1, 2009 at 11:26 am |
  40. ryan

terrible....

this is terrible, too much media, not enough story girth...

yyyyy?

November 1, 2009 at 9:54 pm |
  41. gianna

I hate the new site. It's not about change, it's about going for a quick look. I have found I go to it significantly less now and access other sites. I agree about the DOW being not on the main page is annoying. I also agree wiht the Fox-ish comment. CNN, you'll see when your site stats go back it's time to revert.

November 1, 2009 at 11:29 pm |
  42. Akua

I hate the new CNN, too much links and videos. on the front page.

November 3, 2009 at 11:52 am |
  43. Linda

Like to add to Josh's comments from this morning on the jobless.
    Josh, do you know what's worst than being laid off for 18 ms? Being 59 & laid off for 18 ms. What employer will look at me vs a 39 yr old?
    Employers want fresh ideas and be a go getter or energetic. You see it all the time on job postings. I don't bother applying when I see this description. This is a red flag that the employer wants someone young.
    keep up the good work
    Linda from Ma.

November 3, 2009 at 12:15 pm |
  44. Randy N

There are less people to lay off. I do not know what you are happy at, more and more people out of work and no new jobs have been created. You won't even consider profiling myself ,so I can have if not an equal chance but it will be a chance,. What am I talking about you won't do nothing CNN is covering money. And only canidates that have money,how sad.

November 4, 2009 at 10:49 am |
  45. Lisa

I cant stand the new page. Ive already bookmarked a different newspage and removed cnn shortcut. The big red cnn bar, the tiny headlines, having to scroll down to see them, getting blasted with giant ads/video as soon as I get to page, too busy with content that someone thinks I should be interested in.. are the reasons I switched news sites. To be honest I was suprised there were any positive comments.

November 4, 2009 at 1:58 pm |
  46. Dave

wow! enough with the videos already!

and the ads...yuck!

November 4, 2009 at 10:28 pm |
  47. Peggy

In this case new does not mean better. Flashy...yes, pretty...yes but that is where it ends. Where are the stories? ughh

November 4, 2009 at 11:03 pm |
  48. susan

HATE the new layout. Too busy, no local to speak of, what in the heck was wrong with the old one? If it aint broke, dont change it.

November 5, 2009 at 12:26 am |