Today on CNN Newsroom

November 4th, 2009

(No) Se Habla Español

Kyra's back from her NYC stint tomorrow!

While there, she pulled together a few segments with our HLN friend Jane Velez-Mitchell. In case you missed it, here's one that got a big response.

1. John Nielsen

I really believe this dude that changes folks names better learn Spanish now or learn some tolerance (and English from listening to him) I loved the interview. I love his backtracking and hiding the fact he loves money more than people.

November 4, 2009 at 4:55 pm |
  2. dennis linville

yes i saw jane attack that man for asking them to speak english so his customers could understand them. he was simply trying to make his business work in America. rick speaks excellent spanish but i cant understand him so im glad he speaks english on the air.
    before jane went off on him like a crazy woman she might have watched her own video. she would have seen the protesters wrote their protest signs in ENGLISH ! I guess they wanted to public to understand them as well huh?

November 4, 2009 at 5:47 pm |
  3. liz

This is America and our language is English. I find it rude when people speak another language in front of me. If the owner does not speak English, it is his right to ask his employees to speak English.

November 5, 2009 at 11:04 am |
  4. Randy Wade

While talking about the Presidents Insurance , I am unemployed ( laied off) and with only unemployment pay of 255 a week. I will not be able to afford to buy health care . How much will the Fines be and after I pay the fines can they make me purchase the insurance then or fine my wife and my self again. thank you Randy Wade. Alabama.

November 7, 2009 at 9:36 am |
  5. Nancy Anderson

Spanish???? bologna!!!! The United States of America is an ENGLISH speaking country – we are NOT Europe, where some countries are the size of New Jersey, and hence the necessity of learning multiple languages, in order to travel and communicate with each other. Americans can take what ever language they choose in school – two languages should be mandatory in my opinion for graduation, and brain development. BUT, if you want to live HERE and not in MEXICO – learn ENGLISH – PERIOD. All immigrants for our 400 year history have learned English, in a desire to BE an American. If you Want to be a Mexican or other Hispanic – then go home – because this Country obviously is not your HOME.

November 11, 2009 at 1:31 pm |
  6. Nancy Anderson

Concerning the Fort Hood Massacre – and this day being Veteran's Day : No one yet has mentioned "MOLE" in the Armed Forces of our country. I am astonished about the POLITICAL CORRECTNESS of practically everyone!!!! It sickens me!! Everyone who is Muslum and in our Military, now is SUSPECT, in my opinion – too bad. A TERRORIST infiltrated our military and received a FREE education and EASY pay check, while he exposed Islam and Allah and the downfall of America, by murdering it's citizens. Talk about biting the hand which feeds you!!!
    The (only) BEST thing about this terrible SNAFU, is that he was brought down by a FEMALE – horahh!! Semper Fi.
    I say anyone who had access to this murderer, and did nothing, should be DRUMMED OUT....as fraternizing with the enemy. "O" tolerance....
    My family has served in the military to ensure and protect this Country, since the beginning of this Nation, and this situation has made me sick! Better shape it up folks. Heads should roll – and I will enjoy seeing HIS be the first....
    But, just who will step up to the plate???? and clean things up so our service members feel safe with their own – right now they can't, and that thought is just pathetic.

November 11, 2009 at 2:00 pm |