Today on CNN Newsroom

November 11th, 2009

Helping Hurting Veterans

On Veterans Day we featured injured soldier Brian Brennan.
He's started a foundation to help injured troops. To find out more about his group click here.
If you're a regular visitor to the Team Kyra blog, you probably know she's a big supporter of TAPS - a group that helps families of fallen U.S. troops.

Well, a little while back, Kyra heard about a song called "Soldier On"; the people behind it are donating half the song's proceeds to TAPS.

You can find more info on "Soldier On" right here.

Filed under: Kyra Phillips
  1. lacnn

Currahee. Miracle. Inpirational.

Gratitude and respect to vets and current military.

God bless our world.

November 11, 2009 at 2:26 pm |
  2. frankie

I always worry what will happen to our troops who have traumatic brain injuries because I had one. Please tell Brian Brennan that today he has inspired a civilian here.

November 11, 2009 at 2:29 pm |
  3. Scot

Kyra,
    Being a local news anchor, I very RARELY (almost never) write to another news person.
    While I flip through all the networks, to be honest I'm usually 80% FOX and 20% CNN...but after just watching your interview with Gen. Petraeus and Brian Brennan...you really need to know what a GREAT job you did. Your knowledge of the war, your respect for both men and most of all... your compassion showed throughout the interview. I was truly touched by the work you did. I have no doubt that you topped every other anchor...on every network...on this Veteran's Day.
    Thank you.
    Scot England
    Sullivan Illinois

November 11, 2009 at 2:34 pm |
  4. Bud

This a comment on Josh's talking about our veterans. I have noticed a omission of Korean veterans being mentioned. Even if this was supposed to be a police action many of our service men died in that conflict. Is not the war in the eastern countries we are now in basic the same? I enslisted in the Navy during the Korean conflict.

November 11, 2009 at 2:40 pm |
  5. gary miller

Perhaps things have changed but some fifteen years ago when I CRAWLED into the Freepoirt Illinois Va office to BEG for help with a 9 year cronic back problem the VA would not even give me 25 cents so I could buy my family of five a loaf of bread...gee...thanks alot!!!!! It was 3 years 6 days and 18 hours of my life and I killed for this country and the country could not afford 25 cents to help me out....I CRAWLED out of the office feeling JUST WONDERFUL and thinking I sure was glad I gave the country three years....my family survived by eating a sick cow (that then died) for about six months as I recall....yummy! The marriage did not survive however...o welll you got the 3 years out of me ..that is what counts...RIGHT ? And the people...I was in my uniform on a Georgia highway in the middle of the nighjt when it was raining with a falt tire and a tire jack that bent while I was trying to change the tire and a Georgia state trooper stopped and heard /saw my problem (in my military uniform) and got back into his state police car and drove off without offering me ANY help....how is that for helping a solder ?????????????? I have more but you get the idea....

November 11, 2009 at 2:51 pm |
  6. Dodie ~ California

I just wanted to take a few moments to thank all of our veterans who chose to make the ultimate sacrifice... to give their life for a country and people they cherish! (Thank You)

November 11, 2009 at 3:55 pm |