Today on CNN Newsroom

November 12th, 2009

What Google Knows About You

Google's new Dashboard tool is designed to help you learn what information the Internet giant has kept about you. As CNNMoney.com reports, it's getting a lot of attention – but some privacy advocates say it's not enough.
What do you think?
The company is also announcing it will offer free Wi-Fi at more than 40 airports this holiday season. You can read more on that here.

Filed under: Josh Levs
  1. Bill

Google scares me almost as much as Cheney used to!

November 12, 2009 at 10:57 am |
  2. Mark

I really can't get worked up about this. Why does anyone really care? How does it really affect me if Google knows I look Family Guy clips on You-Tube? They don't have any of my identity information, so again...why should I bothered that they know what things I like?

This is just a case of people getting worked up over nothing. There's real issues out there. Focus on them.

November 12, 2009 at 10:59 am |
  3. Sid

Talk about stealing, You need to look into Texas and how their keeping 13 weeks of the 20 weeks that President Obama just gave to the unemployed here ???

Dad2Brit

November 12, 2009 at 11:01 am |
  4. Katz

Question
    Hearing the CNN news report just now, I heard the phrase "when you sign into google..." Is "signing in" the same as opening google in order to conduct a search?
    Also if they are not my usual search engine (I use Safari most typically) are they collecting data from my other sources?

November 12, 2009 at 11:04 am |
  5. Bill

If you have any of their services, then they have all your information. From your name and address, to browsing habits to booking flights. What happens when (not if) they get hacked?

November 12, 2009 at 11:05 am |
  6. Bill

And btw, I have enough time to worry about way more than one thing at a time. It's people like you, Mark, who try to minimize things so people look the other way while our rights are being stripped right in front of us!

November 12, 2009 at 11:08 am |
  7. Bill

Katz, it depends on if it keeps you logged in. If it does, then yes.

November 12, 2009 at 11:10 am |
  8. shirley

I cancelled a google account because of the amount of hacks. Even though I cancelled, they are still tracking through "cookies.". My internet protection services notifies me everytime one of these cookies show up. They might be able to control what they do but not the people they pass our information to. Clearly, google is violating the privacy of its email accounts and should be stopped.

November 12, 2009 at 11:24 am |
  9. leo Porter

I voted for Obama to remove troops, all troops. The 5th option should be the 1st choice. Enough is enougf

November 12, 2009 at 1:05 pm |