Today on CNN Newsroom

November 26th, 2009

Facebook and Your Privacy

Do you know the tools to help control who can see the information you post on Facebook? Coming up in the Newsroom, our guest expert will show us the tricks of the trade. Know of other tools? Is anything you post online ever truly private? Our guest, Ben Parr of mashable.com, tells me he doesn't post anything he wouldn't want his mother to see.

Filed under: Josh Levs
  1. deepwater don

If it is on the internet, it can be compromised. Get smart you people who put information out there and cry and complain when someone steals your stuff or your identity. Serves you right. Smarten up!

November 27, 2009 at 1:32 am |
  2. michael armstrong sr. TX.

Its not my mother I worry about Josh but instead people using face book and twitter to send junk mail these junk mail junkies needs to give us all a break.

November 27, 2009 at 10:16 am |
  3. joe

"My public search listing" is not present, i don't know how you found yours as it is not on mine in any browser i look in, IE8 and Firefox 3.5.5

November 28, 2009 at 7:39 am |
  4. Jeff Caminiti

Hi Josh, I saw your news piece on what the IRS allows for deductions this year. I was not aware of the "Parent Dependent" medical deductions allowed.
    My question is, both my parents have past away...but I now have a brother who is totally disabled ( mental disability since his youth), and I am is caregiver. Social Security has named me as his payee, and Medicare also corresponds to me for any of his medical needs.
    The Question: Can I deduct any of my expenses for my disabled brothers medical costs I am paying ? As you mentioned a deduction is allowed for older, parents costing the caretaker money...does the same rule exist for a brother as well ?

PS: There was no storyline for your Saturday morning report on this site, so I am writing in the Facebook story by-line.

November 28, 2009 at 9:35 am |
  5. Sheila Macpherson

Everyone of these people are heros, and a reality check for all of us when we let that little voice creep into our heads that says, "How could I possibly make a difference?"

Thank you CNN for holding this important tribute. We need to make a big deal out of these types of people more often to show create more altruism in our county, and maybe remedy some of the selfishness that permeates our culture.

November 28, 2009 at 10:31 am |
  6. Mel Rubin

Outstanding selection of heros.
    The revelation of over 130,000 veterans living on the streets of the United States is more than disgraceful, it is a direct reflection of how we, as a nation including our gov't ,have lost its way.
    That volunteer military personel, who defend our country, are allowed to wallow in this degragation, is a mirror to every american of how our moral values have found their way into the toilet.
    America, the land of the free and the brave and the selfish, narrow, and ignorant, are showing the rest of the world why we are in the desperate straits we now find ourselves.
    Obama, Democrats, and Republicans cannot hide from this disgusting mess.

November 28, 2009 at 10:35 am |
  7. Louise Booth

I wanted the additional information regarding Facebook safety. I ran the video, but there was no info on more info, and I can't find any more on your web site.

November 29, 2009 at 11:32 am |
  8. Paula

Louise, Go to mashable.com the website where the guest was from and click on facebook: the interview along with the additional printed info are there.

November 30, 2009 at 10:36 am |