Today on CNN Newsroom

November 29th, 2009

Coming Up on CNN Sunday Morning...

Voters in Honduras go to the polls to choose a new President today. But many in Honduras and the international community don't see the elections being held under a de facto government as legitimate.

The President will make his Afghanistan strategy speech Tuesday night. CNN National Security Analyst Peter Bergen joins us this morning to talk about Afghanistan. What is the U.S. trying to accomplish?

Florida state troopers will try again today to talk to Tiger Woods about an early Friday morning car accident near his home. Woods' agent postponed yesterday's scheduled meeting.

We'll check the retail tally from Black Friday. Were the crowds as rowdy as they were last year?

Thanksgiving Travel: And Reynolds Wolf will tell you how the weather is in your neck of the woods if you're making your way home from Grandma's house.

Join TJ Holmes with Brianna Keilar in for Betty Nguyen this CNN Sunday morning beginning 6am ET/ 3am PT.

Post by:
Filed under: CNN Newsroom
  1. Ted

About Eldrick Woods, What do they mean they cant reach him for questioning? Why does he get a free pass? Its clear he committed adultry and his wife assualted him with a golf club in which he deserved! At the very least you and I would have been arrested for reckless and careless driving and for the destruction of public property! Eldrick is pompas selfish over-rated and not the man the media tries to make him out to be! I say either arrest her for assualt with a deadly weapon or he should man up and tell the truth. Not many people left that believe his story in this case or him period!

November 29, 2009 at 6:43 am |
  2. Robert

I think Tiger Woods is the best golf player in the world and I think they are dogging him because hes black.

November 29, 2009 at 7:00 am |
  3. ozkarbee

I believed Tiger Woods was dozed off on the wheel when the accident happened."Thank God" hes alive and well, that what's matters most.

November 29, 2009 at 7:20 am |
  4. michael armstrong sr. TX.

When does the media go to far . You cant go ask Tiger and the reasons should be clear to the media but the media don't care because something has happened to some one that's rich and famous . The oportunity to turn a mole hill into a mountain has happened now a simple mistake is a scandle .So why dont the media back off from Tiger and let the weather clear up in Tigers neck of the woods .The cows will come home eventully a little finder bender is not a breaking event.

November 29, 2009 at 9:23 am |
  5. terry horn

Forgive me if I wander away from this subject just a bit, But I heard that John Kerry. and a panel of democrats have determined that George Bush was responible for the continued war in Afghanistan because of the failier to get Osama, at Tora Bora, Lets Review.
    Wasnt it Bill Clinton who after Osama had been blowing up embassies and shipping and killing and maiming, innocent women and children, was offered Osama's head on a silver platter and refused three times?The C.I.A. opperatives couldnt get there phone calls answered ,It got so bad that the indigenous personel embedded with the C.I.A. ask if there were any men in washington. The con' of Tora Bora was that we didnt get, Bin Laden, the pro's of Tora Bora was that the whole world got to watch ,as a man who ordered his followers to marter them selves for Ala, Ran like a woman with child from the battle never to be seen again. Oh uh, but he did leave his soldiers there to marter themselves.

November 29, 2009 at 5:22 pm |
  6. Klaus Vomhof

U R G E N T

Ref the presentation of the CNN weather report during your current programme, could someone please instruct your presenter/s to stand to the side of the screen.
    The gent who presented the weather report this morning stood in the middle of the screen and blocked out the (rather useful) info we are supposed to be able to see.
    This happens again and again.
    Thanks.

November 30, 2009 at 2:42 am |
  7. Rene

I just woundering if Mr Woods is a pope or in politics.... cant see why this big deal about a guy has a small accident leaving his house .. i dont think its anybody's affair. If CNN needs a good story, look at all the americans starving.. and desperate for a job, a meal or a roof over their heads. Its xmas time where is the news about the US spending billion on death instead on life... I wish all american a great xmas season and a way better new year.

Yours Truly Rene

November 30, 2009 at 8:14 am |
  8. Mrs. Eileen G. Curras widow to Hernandez (WWII)

The fact is that Mr. Woods is just a golf player. I cannot understand the infatuation of this story has taken. I cannot see the big deal about a guy who has a small accident leaving his house. I don’t think it is anybody affair. There are too many stories for Americans in food, health, education, job, etc. I wish people get a grip about this story.

December 1, 2009 at 1:05 am |
  9. Sharpe

We are in two wars, our economy is on the brink of distruction, people are going around killing each other for no reason...Really do we care why Tiger had a wreck ? Everything I have heard about it is simply gospic not news worthy. Leave the man alone!

December 1, 2009 at 10:10 am |
  10. Kevin Phillips

The fact that he was leaving his home at 2:30 is no surprise regarding Tiger Woods because he works out immensely and this is why he is the best golfer in the world as well as probably the best athlete in the world. I cannot wait to see more of him in 2010. I have a feeling he will win the grand slam event this coming year to silence all critics once and for all. We all know he is going to do something no other golfer has ever done before cause he has been doing it since he first picked up a golf club. Time for a little trip on the 'Privacy' hehehe

December 1, 2009 at 4:18 pm |