Today on CNN Newsroom

December 12th, 2009

Coming up on CNN Saturday Morning...

We'll have an update on five Americans arrested in Pakistan, accused of plotting a terrorist attack. A representative at a Virginia mosque says it plans to look into the circumstances that led to the arrests.

Tiger Woods says he plans to leave golf to focus on his family. How are Woods' sponsors reacting to the latest twist in Tiger's tale?

What's happening with the credit card reform promised by Congress? Finance expert Clyde Anderson breaks it down for us.

Hanukkah 101: The eight-day Jewish holiday of Hanukkah began last night at Sundown. Josh Levs takes a look at some viral videos of the season - like this one from Sen. Orrin Hatch.

Join Betty Nguyen and TJ Holmes this CNN Saturday Morning, beginning 6am ET/3am PT.

Post by:
Filed under: Josh Levs
  1. D WILLIAMS

We all have inperfections I think tiger should speak to his fans they have made him a billionaire buying his namebrands he needs to do this sooner than later we need him to have a healthy family life and back in golf it will not be the same without him on the green

December 12, 2009 at 6:09 am |
  2. Todd

Though Tiger brought this on himself, what role or assistance did his friends, inside circle and those hired to protect him play? Did they not know what was going on for more than 4 years or paid to not "Kiss and Tell"?

When he went to Las Vegas with his Buddies Mike & Charles, they and others had no part in enableling him? Where were his true friends to advise him that he was married with kids and stop his immature behavior?

December 12, 2009 at 6:12 am |
  3. Stan

Tiger should exercise the pre-nup and get rid of Elin immediately and then play golf and win. He can make plenty of money as a golf winning playboy.
    Elin will bleed him dry if he tries to patch this up, it will not last and men frankly, do not care or secretly admire his prowess, as long as he wins golf tournaments. Golf on TV will surely die without him playing.

December 12, 2009 at 6:16 am |
  4. Robin

Good morning TJ and Betty,

First I may say, TJ your voice is booming coming through my surround sound and you are twice as fine to view on my Sixty-one inch TV. Where are your diamond earrings you had on yesterday?

Now do you see what Tiger is up against? Women can be quite convincing when it comes to pursuing a good looking man. Now add a billion-dollar bank account to the mix and Tiger was defenseless. Its hard to say who was the prey! He got married way too soon. He just was not ready to settle down. I am not praying for him to remain married no more than I am praying for him to get a divorce! Tiger needs to do what is best for his family and that may be a divorce. Its o.k. people if he gets a divorce, better sooner than later. Life goes on and his children will be fine with two wonderfully happily divorced parents than to have a contentious uptight home life.

Please stop talking about the PGA and endorsements. It’s about Tiger and the future health and happiness of his family. Tiger went to bed a Billionaire and he woke up a billionaire. Even if he never earns another dollar in his life he will still be a billionaire or close to it!

God Bless them all
    Robin, Newark Delaware

December 12, 2009 at 8:24 am |
  5. Cynthia

Tiger needs to take a break and get his house in order. I personally think most men cheat; however, doing so with lots of woman is totally immature and shows his insecurities. Not to excuse him, but I think losing his father hit him hard and this was part of his grieving process. I lost my father at fourteen and it still has an tremendous impact on my life. Lastly, if you don't want to stay married Tiger, divorce and play a role in your kids life.

December 12, 2009 at 8:29 am |
  6. Gail

I hope Tiger never comes back. I only watched golf because of him. He does not need any more money or accolades. Hope he buys an island away from the eyes of the press and gets on with his life.

December 12, 2009 at 8:31 am |
  7. Sandra

Please allow him to work this out. Who have not sin in there life? His family is more important than GOLF. I'm glad he realize this. I wish them the best!!

December 12, 2009 at 8:40 am |
  8. john abendroth, pga

CNN is running a headline saying Tiger Woods is quitting golf. It does not appear he has said that at this point.
    He has said he is taking an indefinate break, and stepping away from professional golf. He could still play golf, or practice, but as I know he has not said he would quit.

I am a pga member and member of the golf media.
    Thanks.
    John A.
    Burlingame Ca.

December 12, 2009 at 8:42 am |
  9. Ling Tjay

You said that it is legal to grow medical marijuana. Is it statewide, such as FL? Is there anyway you can connect me with the son or mom who you just put out in CNN? thank you

December 12, 2009 at 9:22 am |
  10. UrbanCntrySoul

The best news last week.... bank reform! My question does this reform have real bite? Is the public truly protected from greed, fraud, monopolies and poor regulation?
    What took place over the past year should never happen again... is this reform that Elizabeth Warren told us we needed?

December 12, 2009 at 10:13 am |
  11. Rose

Why is it everyone is focusing on Tigers infidelity verses the hit he received in his face. It is not okay for a man to hit a woman, but it is okay for a woman to hit a man? Each night I watched CNN to see if they would address Tigers beating, but nothing has been said. The world knows that Tiger had many women before he choose Elin from the pack of women, why now it is a big concern. I am sure Elin knows what she was getting into and she should be happy that she got the ring. I honestly believe she hit Tigers in his face and nothing has been said about it. If it was Elin who had an unexplained hit in her face, the law authorities would have arrested Tiger whether she speaks out or not. Women cheat and men cheat does it means it is okay for women to do so and for men it is not.
    Please addressed his battered face and leave his infidelity alone as this is his business and should be private.

Thank you!

December 12, 2009 at 10:26 am |
  12. michael armstrong sr. TX.

Tiger messed up but he didnt cost the American tax payers alot of money's for a long drawn out Bill Clinton { I did not have sex with that woman ] he was man enough to fess up its over give him a break he has more scruples then Bill Clinton.

December 12, 2009 at 10:31 am |
  13. Woody in Oklahoma City

OK, OK, we get it, Tiger Woods is a man, a rich man with access, money, good looks and tremendous athletic ability who you made super human. Now, as many of "real people" knew all the time, Tiger is a man. This only concerns Tiger and his family. Move on to the next gotcha story for all the people of the world who love to know the dirt.

December 12, 2009 at 10:35 am |
  14. Elizabeth Sparks

You're too funny TJ!!! "Just when you thought things couldn't get any stranger on the Hill..." I LOVE that! I'm a trauma drama RN in DC, believe me, it can and it WILL get stranger!

Peace out!

Liz

December 12, 2009 at 10:38 am |
  15. Mrs. Harris

It is a sad, sad day Tiger Wood's leaving the US and Golf.

Have any of these women had a lie machine yet.

the coverage of Tiger Woods is over kill.... What happen to the 30,000 troops going the Afghan....

I can not watch anymore of Tiger Wood's. We build up our stars just to cut them down...

Now he has to leave the US. Yes, he mad a mistake but some ot these women must be not telling the truth.

December 12, 2009 at 10:42 am |
  16. Kevin Benbow, MA, LPC

Steve Perry really blew it with his simplistic description of ADHD.

He said that a parent simply needs to see if their child can play a video game or perform another activity without "running and jumping around."

Children with ADHD oftentimes only present symptoms in situations that require sustained concentration. Thus it is possible for a child to seem fine at home but have serious problems with school work.

I am concerned because untreated ADHD can lead to juvenile delinquency and dropping out of high-school.

While it is likely that ADHD is overdiagnosed, we need to be very careful that we don't encourage parents to take their kids off much needed medicine without first consulting with the prescriber.

Mr. Perry should leave the job of diagnosing psychiatric problems to those of us who know what we're talking about. Kudos to his job as an educator.

December 12, 2009 at 10:50 am |
  17. Linda

At this point. I am so tired of hearing about Tiger Woods. What he did has been happening from the beginning of time. The sad part about it all is the fact that he allowed his team to portray him as this wonderful family man but knew in his heart that he was a cheater. I just can't understand why men don't not get it yet. Especially powerful men in positions that will without a doubt be brought down by their actions. God's word does not lie, " Your sins will truly find you out"! He now has tarnished himself, his image and his family. He knows and now the world knows he is not infallible, matterof fact noone is and the most powerful men past and present continue to find this out. He needs to clear his head and do some major soul searching and damage control..

December 12, 2009 at 10:59 am |
  18. Billie Jo

I' m not sure this is where I should be commenting about Dr. Steve Perry's statement that boys do not have ADD or ADHD if they can sit still at home in front of a video game without getting up and being distracted. NOT TRUE, NOT TRUE, NOT TRUE! Yes, plenty are misdiagnosed but if people use that statement as a guideline to go to a doctor ( a psychologist or psychiatrist who SPECIALIZES in ADHD) many who may need help will not recieve it. It is difficult because the manifestations can be inconsistent. When there is very high interest they can concentrate and sit still. Especially when there are no distractrations (sounds, sights and smells) My 30 year old was diagnosed when he was seven and I do not like medicine, not any, and I thought I knew what the problem was,so I very thoughly studied ADD. Back then ADD was just begnning to be publlicly known and most of the teachers I knew did not believe it exsisted. That disbelief had a negative affect on my son that is still with him today.

December 12, 2009 at 11:49 am |
  19. Eileen Curras

Ok, the fact is that Tiger Woods has a right to choose what he wants to do with his life. The fact is that the Media Communications Companies are speculating on the life of Tiger Woods at a speed of light. Mr. Tiger Woods did not broke a law.

The Congress is taking time with the credit card reform just like Health Reform but it certainly braking the economy.

December 12, 2009 at 2:09 pm |