Today on CNN Newsroom

December 13th, 2009

What's Next for Tiger Woods' Career?

Join Betty Nguyen and TJ Holmes weekend mornings in the CNN Newsroom, 6am ET/ 3am PT.

Post by:
Filed under: Clips from CNN Newsroom
  1. Tina

Here's my take on what Tiger will do now..... I don't know what he will do, and neither do you.... When that decision is made, it will only come from him.... Not arm chair quarterbacks, tabloids, or so-called legit media, who seem to embrace anything that comes out of the sleaze tabloids. After reading his last post on his website, Dec 11th, I believe, we need to stop and give this man the opportunity to repair the damage to his family in private. Or do we care, there is his wife and 2 children involved? He made the right decision to step back from his profession and put his priorities, his family first. I will miss his presence on the golf course, because without a doubt, he is a master in his profession. But, as far as I am concerned, it is not my business what goes on off the course. I want to confirm, I do not condone his behavior. In fact, I am very disappointed in it. But do I believe all that has been said about him to be true in the tabloids? Of course not, because if you do, I have got some swamp land in Florida to sell you. In fact, I have found a lot of inconsistencies in the tabloid you have posted and I find it very strange that this bevy of bimbos seem to come out of the woodwork for their 15 minutes of fame or, could it be $$$???? Keep in mind, these women are not victims, they knew exactly who he was and his marital status. The ones that are legit made a conscious decision for what ever reason, most not so good. We need to stop with the reporting on this!!!! In fact, I suggest there be a BOYCOTT ON ALL TABLOIDS AND ANY MEDIA OUTLET, who reports on this, in support for Elin and her children!!!! Before you embrace" innuendo, alleged, or unknown sources", please shut up and think about just who gets hurt in the fallout. Tiger's life was a circus before and it will be even more so now, especially with the ones who still want to cash in on this. Don't let this happen people!!! The sponsors will come back, which by the way, Gatoraid made the decision 2 months ago to drop him. You seem to overlook the money he generated for these businesses. From now on, for me, his private life is his business, not mine. Forgiveness is what I hope for him and, most important, can be obtained from his family.

December 13, 2009 at 6:03 am |
  2. Robin

I am appalled and dismayed at first the level of coverage the Tiger Woods story has received and second by the tone of the story. While the matter is certainly news worthy, why is there so hate towards Tiger? The present day news media is nothing like the network news broadcasts that I grew up on in the late sixties, seventies and even when I became an adult in the eighties. The news media of today is an embarrassment. Why would the nasty scarlet’s be given a spotlight and a mic (microphone)? For what they are and will always be foul and disgusting women who slept with a married man. Now as for the married man, why do you feel compelled to just destroy him for what would be regarded as a man of stature in other cultures. Not one of the women said they were mis treated. As a matter of fact he has been up held as being loving and sensitive. Yes, we in the American Culture want to portray the image of one man, one woman, but we all know that does not work. Just ask anyone with an ex-boyfriend, and ex-girlfriend or an ex-spouse, I would venture to say that 100% of all Americans have experienced cheating as having been cheated on or did the cheating. Let be honest here.

I admire Tiger for stepping back and gaining control over his life, if other men would have done the same, maybe so many women would not be single parents or maybe half of all marriages would not end in divorce.

All of the PGA records and the endorsements are priority to us, but to Tiger it is now about his family to heck with everything else.

You go Tiger teach us all how to put things into perspective!

December 13, 2009 at 7:10 am |
  3. michael armstrong sr. TX.

The next presidential candidate for the United States Of America maybe not that one how about marriage counselor no not that one either he's proubly better off just sticking to golf.

December 13, 2009 at 7:40 am |
  4. Patty

What I find interesting is the double standard, applied to those public figures, who have 'fooled around–cheated' on their wives. After living thru the Mark Sanford epoch, this past summer, and those that came before and after-Sanford and those other congress people , are STILL holding their jobs, and still making the money, from THEIR 'sponsors' with very little repercussion for their actions.

Apparently, the 'role model' mandate does NOT apply to those in Congress, responsible for setting the standard for 'ethics'.....??

It is my opinion that had the media not made Tiger Woods their 'story', we as viewers, MIGHT be a bit more informed about serious matters around the world, that impact us–such as the budget that was just passed....instead of being spoon-fed to apathy and judgement of morals....

December 13, 2009 at 7:11 pm |
  5. Jacquie,

What is wrong with people? How easily people turned their backs on Tiger Woods. This is definitely not the first time nor will it be the last time that we hear of a man cheating. So what????? Does his life deserved to be ruined. I am a married woman and am rolling my eyes at this whole situation. So he messed up, big deal. Does this wrong erase all the good he has done? Are we all without fault that we so easily judge others? As a famous man once said, let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. It is sad that a man can dedicate his life to do good, but if he makes one mistake, we destroy him. That saddest part of all this are that the bimbos coming out of the woodwork are making a fortune on this and he'll be ruined. Wow...

Bottom line, he is still a good man. He still has done much good for others and most importantly, he is commited to trying to fix his family. This in itself is a lot. Give the man a break!

December 13, 2009 at 8:54 pm |
  6. Jacquie,

By the way, can we stop hearing about this PLEASE every time we turn on the tv? Is nothing else happening in the world?????????????????

December 13, 2009 at 9:03 pm |
  7. Dodie - CA

The reaction of the public out weighs the quandary. Tiger did not kill women, he did not beat them up, he did not rape women or molest children. He had poor judgment and numerous indiscretions. He is currently paying the price. How many Americans have had at least one indiscretion in their life time? I bet the statistics would be at least 65%.

The amount of anger coming from the public strongly indicates they had personal experience with this situation and are ‘stuck’ in their anger; thus, projecting on Tiger from their life experiences.

December 13, 2009 at 10:22 pm |
  8. Kat

Rhe way it's covered has nothing to do with race, They dug Clinton and he is white

December 13, 2009 at 10:51 pm |