Today on CNN Newsroom

December 14th, 2009

Tiger Woods' Sponsors

On Friday, Tiger Woods said he’d be taking "an indefinite break from professional golf."

On Sunday, Accenture became the first major sponsor to drop him.

"Given the circumstances of the last two weeks, after careful consideration and analysis, the company has determined that he is no longer the right representative for its advertising," Accenture said in a statement posted on its web site.

Another major sponsor, Gillette, said Saturday it was "limiting" Woods' role in its marketing programs to give him the privacy to work on family relationships.

Prior to Friday's announcement, Woods’ sponsors, which include Gillette, Nike, Gatorade and Electronic Arts, had pledged their support of Woods and decided to keep the golfer as their spokesman.

Here’s our question – if you were one of these companies that sponsors Tiger Woods, what would you do?

Post your comments here. Heidi will read some of them in the 10a hour of the Newsroom.

Filed under: Heidi Collins
  1. Don Martelli

This was absolutely expected. Corporate reputations are worth billions of dollars and there's no way his sponsors are going down in flames with him. With that said, however, they will eventually come crawling back. For crying out loud...look at Mike Vick.

December 14, 2009 at 8:21 am |
  2. Patrick

I'm not a Tiger Woods golf fan but would sponsor him for the time being if he sinscere on working on becoming a better father,husband. He acted on temptations and got caught. You all have thought of another besides your partner.How would you want to be treated if you were caught?

December 14, 2009 at 8:22 am |
  3. Darrell

I think one he lost his father, things spiraled out of control for him. His dad was his rock and confidant. It does not help that his current mentor is a well know womanizer who divorced his wife several years ago. I really hope Tiger find a good mentor and fast. He needs people of character in his corner.

December 14, 2009 at 8:53 am |
  4. michael armstrong sr. TX.

Whenever sponsor's no longer take these kind of steps then there's nothing left to say that America has moral standards and wont stand for it. Tiger messed up and got caught .

December 14, 2009 at 9:05 am |
  5. Evelyn Alladin

Keep him

December 14, 2009 at 9:24 am |
  6. LuLou

Keep him, He is a popular name but I would offer him 1/4th the pay.

December 14, 2009 at 9:24 am |
  7. Dianne

Drop him! What kind of heros do we want in this country? Good? Bad? Indifferent? I say Good!

December 14, 2009 at 9:25 am |
  8. Xavier

I would drop him. He has let many people down, starting with his wife, his children and himself, not to say the millions of followers who thought he was worthy of his many titles, and the game of golf itself, who has gotten tainted... Good faith has received yet another blow from a celebrity.

December 14, 2009 at 9:25 am |
  9. Tom Morgan

I don't condone Tiger's behavior here, but I do think he's sincere about wanting to put his marriage back together and I do not think he should be punished by his sponsers for doing so. Tiger is the best thing that has ever happened to the game of Golf and that is not lessened by his recent actions. Let's give him a break and give him a chance to clean up his act. I'm sure he will do that to everyone's satisfaction. I believe he's basically a great guy and will prove to all of us he's worthy of the love and respect that we've all shown him over the years. He needs our respect now, he's earned it.

December 14, 2009 at 9:26 am |
  10. Kathi

Drop him!

December 14, 2009 at 9:26 am |
  11. Jarvaris Goss

I would not drop him from being a sponsor. His name still is till huge out there. There are still people out here who don't care about your personal life as long as you can get the job done.

December 14, 2009 at 9:27 am |
  12. Glenn

I don't feel that Tiger's endorsement deals should be affected by what happens in his personal life. He did nothing more than tens of millions of other married men do...or would do if they had is money...he just got caught. The American puritanical "values" are so hypocritical.

December 14, 2009 at 9:27 am |
  13. Josie

Why would any company or corporation want to be represented by a hypocrite?

December 14, 2009 at 9:28 am |
  14. michael armstrong sr. TX.

He's a bad kitty kick him to the curb.

December 14, 2009 at 9:28 am |
  15. Shree Bostick

Well the sponsors are geared towards the people so of course they go off the people reactions..so if I was part of one of these companies I would pull away from him now because if I didn't I think the sales of my products would be damaged by this drama but I still think Tiger is human and he's not perfect but I would definitely limit my invovlement with him.

December 14, 2009 at 9:28 am |
  16. Kay

I will keep him because his private life is his private life and the sponsorship is based on his golf game not his private life. People should just get a life and leave him alone,what happen is between him and his wife." Let him who has no sin cast the first stone."

December 14, 2009 at 9:29 am |
  17. Yolanda from Canada

As a multi-million dollar sponsor, I would drop Woods from his contract because of the negative publicity he has been receiving. Corporations are in the business of making money, and if sales are lost because of Woods, then he needs to be dropped immediately. There are millions of athletes – thousands of great ones – so it won't be hard to replace him.

December 14, 2009 at 9:29 am |
  18. Alisa

I am a business owner so I know that it is important that the company's image, matches its image. If a business is known for its trust, honesty & integrity then it must align itself appropriately. Business is business. All other personal feelings about the issue at hand should be put aside.

December 14, 2009 at 9:29 am |
  19. David Rice

Accenture and Gillette should simply have remained silent. By going public with their decision to drop Tiger, they have a holier than thou appearance. I won't use their services or products anymore – I learned not to cast the first stone – and with our country at war, there are more important issues to deal with.

December 14, 2009 at 9:29 am |
  20. Gunner

If I was a company in a position to be throwing around enough money that would even perk Tiger Woods Inc interests, I would for sure have Tiger Woods as a marketing tool.
    I would want to know exactly when he plans to return to golf before I signed, but once he returns I know he will be hoisting trophies and million dollar checks on Sunday afternoons, and that is why I would want him as a sponsor......sponsors what publicity and press coverage. Are all tv cameras back in the locker room covering Phil packing up his gear after his loss, or are the cameras out on the 18th green covering the champion, and we all know who that is time in adn time out...TIGER WOODS!!
    I think Tag Heur is the only logical sponsor....we are sticking with Tiger because he is the best in his domain!!! That is what sponsorship is all about....I dont want to throw money at a loser, I want the winner who gets all the press coverage. Either way, sponsorship money ends up in Vegas appareently, with Tiger its women, with Phil is gambling money.

December 14, 2009 at 9:30 am |
  21. IBRHIM MOHAMED

This guy does not need any more money for gods sake. these sponsors can back down all at once for all he cares. can he just get a brake. Are there not any more important issues we need to be discussing. I am getting a feeling all media is becoming one big reality tv show i hate to watch.

December 14, 2009 at 9:31 am |
  22. Gary Subram

If I were one of the companies sponsoring Tiger Woods, I would have dropped him a week back itself. I would not want my company's image to be shattered from the events that I dont have control of.
    The longer the company stays behind him, the longer it would be target to ridicule from late night shows, tabloids and news media. I would drop him and get my company out of the mess.

December 14, 2009 at 9:31 am |
  23. patricia hafeli

I'm a lifelong golfer AND Tiger Woods fan. I'm disgusted with him and think his sponsors should drop their endorsements of him. I won't support any of his endorsers or him from now on. I hope his wife takes the children and the money and leaves him to ponder his despicable deceits. Boys will be boys doesn't cut it, Tiger!!

December 14, 2009 at 9:32 am |
  24. Carol Gould

If I were a sponsor, I would NOT drop Tiger or any other major "money maker" for my company. We are not a perfect people and everyone has done something that would most likely embarrass them if everyone found out about it. We all need to keep in mind that nobody, but nobody is perfect. We now know about Tiger's indiscretions, but how many others have those same or similar indiscretions and have not yet been exposed. Remember every person in the public view who has been exposed did not express remorse until AFTER they were caught. Would the companies be so judgmental about Tiger if he were unmarried? The behavior is still wrong, married or not. Let's get over it America. It's a private matter. The ONLY person who has been wronged is Tiger's wife. I am losing nothing as a result of his actions and neither are you.

December 14, 2009 at 9:33 am |
  25. Teero McSan

With Tiger's public image tarnished, collateral damage could come to those who continue to endorse him. But who really knows in affairs of the heart? When/if Tiger returns to professional golf, and because of his competitive nature he most assuredly will, the marketability of his image will be either boom or bust. For those who now endorse him, it might be best to step away and take a wait and see approach. Clearly, Tiger has to earn his way back to the winner's circle.

December 14, 2009 at 9:33 am |
  26. Bernie

Tiger Woods, is a golfer, in my opion the best in the world. What happened in his private family life, does not make any less a world class golfer.

His play when and if he returns to the sport, will be a huge draw to the sport, and conversely to the products he uses or promotes. Sponsors should look at their continued support of TIger based solely on his golfing sucesses, and not whether he had an affair or affairs with other women while married. I can not believe the moralistic, holier then tho, stance the media, public and worse business has taken on the this whole affair.

Tiger made a mess out of his marriage, just as thousands of others have. The media, (all media) has taken this whole episode to a ridiculous height, its like a feeding frenzie of sharks. What is it that the media takes such glee in destroying those celebraties who commit basic human errors. Just because they are famous Tiger and others are no less capabile of making major blunders in their lives and personal affairs.

December 14, 2009 at 9:33 am |
  27. roy

It's a business decision, and the better question is "are you now less likely to buy a product Tiger is selling". If so, then he's a bad investment. In fact it could even hurt sales or branding efforts. However, if they drop him and a competitor picks him up and this blows over in a year or so, they could be hurt. It comes down to the impact on brand and image and sales and duration. The issue may hurt some sponsors more than others depending on the industry. Accenture may be hurt by the association with Tiger more than a Nike.

December 14, 2009 at 9:33 am |
  28. Suzie

The sponsors pay extremely well for an image; this clean-cut image no longer exists. And, sadly, it appears that this image had existed for a while before he was caught. – it wasn't a one-time mistake.

December 14, 2009 at 9:33 am |
  29. Joe Masarik

I would keep Tiger. We all make mistakes in our lives and them big corporate businesses that are run by these men or women I am most sure have made their share of them as well. So, Yes , I would keep him. We make mistakes, just as long as he learns from his. I hope they both can recover from this nasty situation for their kids sake.

December 14, 2009 at 9:34 am |
  30. Koleta Wells

If I were a sponsor of Tiger Woods, would I continue to sponsor him?
    Yes, I would continue to sponsor him so long as he was seriously working to heal his marriage. "Fame" presents personal challenges to the famous that many of us never have to face; and humanity, at its best, is frail. He deserves the opportunity to recover his marriage and his standing in the golfing world.

December 14, 2009 at 9:34 am |
  31. Katherine Hayes

If I were a sponsor, I would drop him like a hot potato...which he is!
    Especially if I were an executive at Nike, which – if I remember correctly – has an unforgettable slogan: JUST DO IT!

Kathy Hayes
    Marina Bay, North Quincy, MA

December 14, 2009 at 9:34 am |
  32. Jan Frame

I am very disappointed with Tiger Woods. Most of us viewed him as a splendid golfer AND the personification of a personable, successful and well-rounded man. I'm not purchasing items made by sponsors supporting him. Eh, Nike, nephews, grandsons, son-in-laws, etc. – are not receiving Nike products from me.

Trust is hard to come by and Tiger blew mine away. I am not interested seeing him sponsor anything. Ever.

December 14, 2009 at 9:34 am |
  33. Judy

DROP HIM! The only thing Tiger is sorry about is that he got caught. This is not a one time affair. He is a serial adulterer. He is no longer a worthy role model for our youth or anyone else!

December 14, 2009 at 9:34 am |
  34. Susan

Love requires trust. Dishonest lying, cheating, deceiving adultery cannot be love any more than fire and ice can exist in the same space at the same time. The feeling being called love is in fact need, lust or greed or in revenge even, unexpressed anger at the spouse, a twisted payback. Sponsors are trying show examples of trust in their businesses. Of course they should drop him.

December 14, 2009 at 9:35 am |
  35. Bobby Lemmons

I would drop him. He should not have gotten married if he could not be faithful. He is supposed to set an example. Just because he is rich and famous (from all the sponsers) does not give him the right to do what he did.

December 14, 2009 at 9:35 am |
  36. Johnny Martin

If I owned a company that Tiger Wood was a spokesman for I would probably drop him. Depending on the kind of company and what it represented, he would probably be a bad image for most companies. Except perhaps being a spokesman for a condom manufacturer.

December 14, 2009 at 9:36 am |
  37. Byron

Sports stars have shown that they can rebound from these kinds of troubles. If the company can withstand a few weeks of bad news, they will recoup their investment. Keep Him.

December 14, 2009 at 9:36 am |
  38. Joe White

Tiger has chosen golf as his profession. GOLF!!! I really do believe we give too much time and energy to athletes and entertainers. We are so consumed with their lives that they have become "TOP" stories on "CNN". Tiger has fallen to the same temptations as many men and women before him. I am sure that many of the executives that represent these companies have also fallen victim to the same temptations but Tiger now serves as the punching bag. We forced Tiger to indefinitely resign from "PLAYING" golf but continue to allow Mark Sanford to "LEAD" a state. WOW!!!

December 14, 2009 at 9:36 am |
  39. Anthony Kiser

We are all human! We all make mistakes! Personally, I believe in keeping ones personal life separate from business. But when you are speaking about endorsements, you become the face of the company you are endorsing. Personal morals play a big role in maintaining your contract, maintaining "the face of the company". For me, I guess it all depends on the relationship, how long have I known him and how well do I know him. Will he bounce back form all this? I think so!!! Let's take a chance on Tiger, after all the bottom line is... TIGER = $$$

Anthony Kiser
    Pikeville, KY

December 14, 2009 at 9:37 am |
  40. Kathy

I would drop Tiger Woods from sponsorship. He didn't just have one affair with someone he thought he loved. He was an arrogant womanizer who thought he could get away with all of it and would be doing it still... if he hadn't been outed.

December 14, 2009 at 9:38 am |
  41. DomLendjel

the scale of trust is millionth of dollars worth and got dis balanced by the powerful powerful female gender.really? how would you define absolute happiness after having a gorgeous wife, child, big bank account and having your face known as the "best athlete"? Great Job Wildcat

December 14, 2009 at 9:38 am |
  42. Carol Lee

Let he without guilt cast the first stone. Tiger is an Icon in Golf. He has not done anything to misrepresent his sport through some criminal act. His private life is his own. Let him handle it.

December 14, 2009 at 9:39 am |
  43. Gunner

everyone keeps stating Gillete is cutting Tiger out and phasing him away....why don't media sources have to give us the real deal.....I had to dig hard for this, but the CEO of Gillette actually said we are not dropping Tiger, we are helping him with his privacy and not running commercials with him during his time off, I am sure Gillette will be behind him when he returns. I think Accenture will be kicking itself in the butt when this has all finished and Tiger is back on top winning golf tournaments....everyone seems to think Tiger needs Accenture, I doubt it.....lets see Accenture and how they fair with a Phil Mickelson being their go to guy...and when it comes out that Phil spent the millions Accenture gave him on Gambling, sad thing is Phil's wife is just as addicted to gambling, is this good role model material, hope they don't gamble away their kids college funds, they are all filthy rich athletes who can do whatever they want...until fans refuse to pay $100 for a tournament ticket or refuse to pay $400 to go so the Toronto maple Leafs these athletes will continue to be extremly weathy with lots of time to spend and play

December 14, 2009 at 9:39 am |
  44. Jama

No I do not thinbk they should drop him, he is still the best player in the world. Back off of him for awhile, yes, but there are many others out there doing the same thing, they just have not got caught yet.
    Look at the girls that are now talking, why did they keep all telephone messages, photos, emails- sounds like they are an agenda for doing so. Not to excuse Tiger for what he did, very poor judgement on his part, but I hope that they are able to put their marriage back together for the themselves, their kids. I would not give up my marriag, for them, I would not let them win!!!!!

December 14, 2009 at 9:41 am |
  45. Joan

Tiger's sponsors are right! He's unavailable to be their go-to-guy right now. His sponsors would be out of line spending their advertising dollars on him at this time. He'll be back and so will they.. if they're not back with him... there will be other waiting in line to take their place.

Joan

December 14, 2009 at 9:43 am |
  46. Mike C.

Drop him. He's a disgrace. I wouldn't buy any product associated with him...at least for now. It's like condoning bad behavior. He put himself out there in the public eye as so wholesome while he lead a double life and lied to him family. He makes me sick. His golfing achievements cannot be denied but "he made his bed, now he can lie in it". Actions have consequences!

December 14, 2009 at 9:47 am |
  47. Rich

If I was a sponsor, I would drop him because image is everything and his is tarnished.

December 14, 2009 at 9:53 am |
  48. Barb

If Tiger Woods was caught with drugs or guns, I could see sonsors dropping him. This is really a personal issue between his wife and himself. Maybe Trojan condoms will pick him up or maybe Pampers when women show up with babies claiming that he,s the father! Sure he's a dirty dog, (so are women who knowingly sleep with married men) but with fame, comes temptation. Stuff happens.

December 14, 2009 at 9:55 am |
  49. Blueue

I am in sympathy with Tiger Woods at what the public deem their business. At the rate at which these people are ripping the man, one would swear Woods committed capital murder or molested a kid. All he did was slept with a bunch of willing low lives who never mind being laid. The amazing thing is, these women chose to seek their fifteen minutes through gutter journals at the peril of their integrity and self-respect. When did anyone found kissing and telling a cool thing, especially for women to do?

In the past women with decency would scoff at the idea but I guess with the waning of integrity and self-respect in today’s society, the practice is now a dinosaur.

I am getting sick of these gutter-minded journalists who seem to have no more brain than a worm. If gossip is all you can think up while China is giving the USA a run for its money, people are losing jobs and houses, then it just confirms your serious shortcomings.

While all of you in the media pretend to be the moralist you are remember this always: Ye, who is without sin, cast the first stone.

December 14, 2009 at 9:58 am |
  50. BC

They should drop him like Procter & Gamble dropped Marilyn Chambers from their Ivory Snow Flakes box advertising many years ago.

Tiger's incident isn't a single event - it 's a glimpse into a lifestyle. The corporate emperors have become the purveyors of immorality and now we see they have no clothes.

December 14, 2009 at 10:01 am |
  51. michael armstrong sr. TX.

Keeping Tiger Woods as a sales prop would be like putting Fritz the cats picture on the Frosted flakes box.

December 14, 2009 at 10:14 am |
  52. johnny

I think it depends on what sponsor,and what he represents to that product.I do not think for example ,people will drink less gatorade or buy less nike products due to tigers Infidelity problems.you have to look at the big picture.thats the judgement call.

December 14, 2009 at 10:19 am |
  53. Kiran Nayak

What comes to mind when we think Tiger Woods ? GOLF. thats what the man is about for the world. As for the advertising bit, Tiger just epitomised what Gillette's sales pitch is. "The best a man can get" and the best he got. Right, he had 20 ladies, most if not all of whom complimented his love making skills. He is a winner in his chosen sport – Golf. I'd chalk his straying down to settling down too early in life and keep him advertising our products. This guy is legend. As for his personal life, we wish him luck.

December 14, 2009 at 10:40 am |
  54. Nish

For me, Woods is an outright winner. To play golf, win almost everytime, hide his secrets, manage wife, take care of his kids, secretly attend a bevy of other women, and win Masters again, enough said. He is an all-rounder. Seriously how many in this world can manage to do this? Hats off !! His recent so called ~scandal~ is just meant to tarnish his image, by people who probably haven't achieved as much as Woods did. No reports of sexual molestation from these ladies should be good enough to judge his moral character. Every person born is unique and should be respected. Leave him alone !!

December 14, 2009 at 10:41 am |
  55. Arine Ward

It really amazes me...how some think concerning this issue...As if...we the public has a "Right" to speak upon, or make "Judgment" upon another and what their outcome should be.

When in actuality many of us...are just grateful that our own transgressions, disruptive, dysfunctional households business was not exposed...what if your walls could talk...

Tiger, continue to process this and come back and "Take GOLF to another level" One thing about him, he was always professional!

How man Congressmen and Women still sitting there, after being exposed...didn't lose a seat? Governors? Teachers? Doctors? Yes, it goes on...lets have an expose all Party!

December 14, 2009 at 10:42 am |
  56. Josephine

Phil Nicholson has a better image and would be a better spokesman.

I will boycott anything that Tiger continues to endorse.

December 14, 2009 at 10:45 am |
  57. Michael

Image is everything. Celebrities know this. They know that in the age of paparazzi they no longer have private lives. They know that companies are buying the image the celebrity presents both in personal life and public life. Obviously Tiger's image has changed so his sponsors will have to change as well.

December 14, 2009 at 10:48 am |
  58. Dixie Proctor

As far as sponsorship goes...definitely it is all about the money. This is just another example of the glass house these "celebrities" live in. Do I want to know the details of his life...NO!!!! but that is what is constantly on the news.

December 14, 2009 at 10:48 am |
  59. randolph worsham

drop him

December 14, 2009 at 10:49 am |
  60. Glen Blake

It all depends what product I want Tiger to endorse if its five hour energy drink or condoms I'll try and get more air time for him....Glen

December 14, 2009 at 10:49 am |
  61. Cathi DiGiacomo

I think this is a private matter between Tiger and his wife.
    If the media hadn't jumped on it like a dog on a bone there would be NO bad publicity.
    I have no interest in golf one way or another but I think the guy deserves a break and private time to work on his marriage.

December 14, 2009 at 10:49 am |
  62. ArmyWife

Tiger acted irresponsibly and needs to pay the price for his behavior. We have enough trashy examples in this world. Only his wife has the ability to forgive him and if I were her I'd throw his stuff out the door if the allegations of multiple women proves true.

Business is business.

December 14, 2009 at 10:49 am |
  63. Mubin

People act like no one else but Tiger Woods, has cheated on their wife. We all saw and heard Bill Clintons apology. The Fact that This guy is so Popular in his sport makes him a very easy target, not to mention the fact hes African American. Let the Guy Live his life, he knows he made a mistake and will figure it out. Then again, NO ONE IS PERFECT!

December 14, 2009 at 10:50 am |
  64. Fred Dossett

I'm no prude, but business is business. If Tiger (or any professional athlete who is looked to as a role model) can't take care of their business in the proper fashion, I believe the sponsors have an obligation to drop them.

December 14, 2009 at 10:50 am |
  65. Sandy

He is a slime and he got caught, drop him, he is not worthy of his hero status.

December 14, 2009 at 10:51 am |
  66. Arine Ward

Looking at some of these prior post...Boycotting products that Tiger is a part of...Amazing! So it really appears...a lot of pain, hurt, and down right male hate is shown. He is not your Husband, your Boyfriend...so those feelings need to be addressed with the person that hurt you...instead on someone that you have no access to or control over, just free to exploit your hate...He isn't perfect...We ALL have made mistakes including you...So check the mirror...you just didn't get EXPOSED!

December 14, 2009 at 10:51 am |
  67. Ray Houghton

If I took the greedy route, I would ignore Tiger's flagrant disrespect for his family and fans and do business with him.
    However, if I was honorable I would drop him immediately and encourage the other Companies to do the same.
    I predict that he will probably come back better and hungrier, so the sponsors are waiting to cash in on that attitude!

December 14, 2009 at 10:51 am |
  68. Tom

I think Tiger should be dropped because he has announced he will stop playing golf (at least for a while). I don't care about his personal problems. If he is not golfing or making personal appearances then he's not out there pushing their products. Why would a sponsor pay him for being holed up in his home?

December 14, 2009 at 10:51 am |
  69. Donna

Of course he should be dropped. His sponsors bought the image of the ideal man. Obviously he is just like anybody else, human. The main problem is it seems ths has been a long established pattern. It is not likely to be changed anytime soon. Sympathy is misplaced. He made choices (like everyone) ad has to deal with the consequences. It is too bad he hurt his family, the people who really believed in him.

December 14, 2009 at 10:52 am |
  70. Crystal

If I was a sponsor for Tiger Woods, I would not drop him. If his wife wants to work things out with him and he wants to redeem himself then I as a sponsor would give him that opportunity. Whoever of us is without sin go ahead and cast the first stone...

December 14, 2009 at 10:52 am |
  71. Steve Purnell

I'm disappointed in Tiger, but I think we should honor his request for privacy and let him try to repair damage done to his marriage. The man is a champion, don't underestimate him once he sets a goal. I wish Tiger and his wife all the best this Christmas season, take it easy America, quit pretending to be so puritanical. I would appeal to understanding and keep him in ad campaigns.

December 14, 2009 at 10:52 am |
  72. Rizwan

As a sponsor I would pay extra to keep Woods on my roster. are you kidding ? Dropping him now when he is getting more attention ?
    This is a new "Paris Hilton" world, plus Men in sports are generally very sexually active. Name ONE man in sports who did not have an affiar ? Sorry Elin.

December 14, 2009 at 10:52 am |
  73. C. Roberson/Houston

YES...sponsors need to drop him. I do not want my 2 grandkids to hear of his "infidelity with several women" and think it is okay because he is a sports figure, I will not purhase anything that he is a part of an ad!

December 14, 2009 at 10:53 am |
  74. Audrey Marie

Tiger is an outstanding athlete and has helped many young people take up the game of golf.
    Yes he was wrong but I believe he is sincere and deserves a break. This should not be public business. This is between Tiger and his family and I think he will be a comeback kid. I pray for him and and his family.
    Funny how people run when you need them the most for help.
    Audrey

December 14, 2009 at 10:53 am |
  75. Yvonne Gurbada

Maybe the image would hurt certain companies – who knows, but one thing is certain – most just care about his performance on the links – not between the sheets.

All he needs to do is get his head on straight and play the game of golf as only Tiger can do. I think his "follies" may have been the cause of his struggles the end of the PGA season 2009.

God bless to him and his family – let's hope the love is there to weather this media storm!

December 14, 2009 at 10:54 am |
  76. Karyn Monget

Tiger Woods was theall_American face and image of corporate endoresments, which made him a public figure and a role model. His private life _ positive or negative _ is part of the public domain. His bad behavior is a huge turnoff for corporate America, the world of golf, and mainstream America.

December 14, 2009 at 10:55 am |
  77. Arine Ward

In this day and time...its best that you allow your Grandchildren to see a man is "Human and not Perfect" so therefore when they too may cross a road of Transgression they will understand...Things happen, but life keeps pressing, and not have Grandmother, saying what to protect them from. Issues with America always trying to protect and shield, and when breakdown happens, fails a part..your not perfect, nor are your grandchildren...Get Over It!

December 14, 2009 at 10:57 am |
  78. Carole Frome

Accenture is a "fair weather" opportunist. Abandoning Tiger during this personal tragedy will come back to bite them on the foot when he is once again proving he is the greatest athelete ever. It makes me wonder if all of Accenture's decision makers are free of indescretions.

December 14, 2009 at 10:57 am |
  79. Steve Richmond

You can not blame any company for dropping Tiger Woods as part of their advertising campain. If I were the owner of a company, I would dis-continue a relationship with Woods immediately. Any company's considerations should center around their customers and to their employees.

Steve Richmond
    Corona, Ca.

December 14, 2009 at 10:58 am |
  80. Duane Spencer

Drop him like a "hot Potato", he should have to pay the "piper"

December 14, 2009 at 10:58 am |
  81. Donna

Your personal life....is just that...... personal, and business is business. If Tiger has/is continuing to maintain what these companies hired him far then NO he should not be dropped. Does every CEO, VP etc. of huge compainies get fired when this happens....NO they do not. We presently have governors, senators, etc...... that have been caught cheating......they have not been fired and in fact are still holding their positions. Give Tiger a break and let him focus on what he now needs to focus on.....his wife and kids.

December 14, 2009 at 10:59 am |
  82. Greg

I'm about sick of all this. Tiger made an irresponsible decision, but without knowing the complete facts and details, all of his transgressions are still speculation. WHy is this any of our business anyway. The media and people who truly don't have a life but to worry about what goes on in others lives, need to just look in the mirror. To the cooperate world, Tiger Woods is still the best in the game. I could care less about golf if Tiger is not playing. You are happy when the man is at the top of his game, but stomp on him when he gets into a little issue. What kind of support is that? And since you want to pull the plug on him, I will pull the plug on you. Since it's a business decision, you'll understand.

December 14, 2009 at 11:01 am |
  83. Gabriela Amari

I think you should stop beating a dead horse. Personally speaking, I am Sick to Death of hearing about Tiger Woods' Personal problems..You have "reported" on this ENOUGH! How about sticking to the NUMEROUS REAL PROBLEMS that this country and the World is facing? Act like a REAL News show and not TMZ II!!!

December 14, 2009 at 11:02 am |
  84. Debra Gay

If the Sponsors drop Tiger, they might as well consider such act with pratically all professional married antheletes! Tiger's actions are not acceptable but the majority of all antheletes live in glass houses! So for Sponsers to drop Tiger.... you might as well close down shop!
    Remember, Tiger is not a criminal just a person with marital problems!

December 14, 2009 at 11:03 am |
  85. Ron Foster

Hidie,
    I am amazed everyday that the Tiger story continues to dominate the headlines at your news station and others. Tiger should be left alone and his sponsors should realize that people don't care about his infidelity. If this hypocritical society would put Bill Clinton on a pedestal with his past and at the same time crush a man like Tiger, they should realize that they only care about his fall from grace, and love to see and hear about his world collapsing around him. And you and the rest of the media are the reason this man and his family cannot move on with their lives. Also these women that are getting a chance to be center stage are nothing but trash and you are helping to sensationalizing them.

December 14, 2009 at 11:06 am |
  86. Barbara

Tiger is not sorry for his "transgressions" he is just sorry he got caught. There is a BIG difference between the two. It is clear that he never intended on "changing his ways" prior to the fateful car crash incident, he is only now playing the part to save his image. He not only lied to his wife, but lied to his sponsors and the general public. He used his wealth to "buy" silence and cover for all of his many indiscretions. The image that his sponsors signed up for with Tiger is certainly not what they got. They have the right, and hopefully the moral conscience to resoundingly say "This is NOT acceptable."

December 14, 2009 at 11:08 am |
  87. Maria

Of course he should be dropped. Sponsors bought into the image of a hard working, athletic, clean living family man. WRONG! Obviously this behavior has been going on for a long time. He fooled everyone. Sympathy is misplaced. He made his choices like all of us and should have to deal with the consequences. His family believed in him and were the ones who are being truly hurt and betrayed.

December 14, 2009 at 11:08 am |
  88. Arine Ward

(# Greg, Gabriela, Debra, and all others on this same page...Excellent post!

The companies, need to be looking a lot deeper into their payroll, as MANY of the faces seen, used for advertising purposes, have a Great Deal of Transgressions...they just keep it all tucked away nice and neat for some grandmother to shield her grandchildren, and then when they find out...they go ahead and "Live" by doing the same thing. Its been transgressions since the beginning of time...

No One is PERFECT! Presidents included...I never had Sexual Relations with that woman...and proof on the dress...Please!

December 14, 2009 at 11:09 am |
  89. Carole Frome

I wonder if those decision-makers at Accenture could all pass the same intense scrutiny of their personal lives... infidelity, alcoholism, "recreational" drugs, and even misinformation on their personal tax returns. To pander to narrow minded judgemental potential customers hopefully will limit them to only that segment.

December 14, 2009 at 11:13 am |
  90. Diane

Tiger is not an elected official. He is not accused of rape , murder, drugs or having sex with minors. His endorsers pay him to hit a golf ball into a hole. He does this job better than any one in the world. Can you remind me why we can be so judgemental about his after work activities. I refuse to use Accenture products due to their stand on this situation.

December 14, 2009 at 11:16 am |
  91. Kenneth E. Hilliard

These are the moments in Tiger's career where he will learn who is real, and who is not....I hope he is paying attention....If America can support a President in the middle of disgrace....Tiger deserves nothing less.

Spyderman II
    Talladega,Al

December 14, 2009 at 11:40 am |
  92. Dr. Gail H. Tompkins, PsyD.

When I heard this story, I immediately thought about the time factor between Mr. Woods' actions and the death of his father. When a significant person is lost, people who seem to be adjusting well to the death are not, and do things that have far reaching effects on their lives. Engaging in excessive sexual encounters is only one way the loss can express itself. There are several others. It can take someone up to 10 years to come to grips with this type of loss.
    As to the question of dropping him as a sponsor, I would not.

December 14, 2009 at 11:40 am |
  93. Nana Boston

I believe all sponsors should drop their support of and business ties with Tiger Woods. Sadly his image is gone and the brand he projected forever tarnished. These companies should remember they have obligations to stockholders and not Tiger's financial future. I believe there is a small percentage of consumers who buy products based on celebrity endorsements. I believe there is a much larger percentage of consumers who would boycott a product and /or company based on negative publicity. Any company that stands by Tiger risks a backlash based on the appearance they tacitly approve of his infidelity and betrayal of family values.

December 14, 2009 at 11:51 am |
  94. Becky Regier

Does the whole world have to punish Tiger Woods? I'm not saying that what he did was right or wrong or making an excuse for his behaviour, but he's a human being just like the rest of us and he made some misktakes. Let's forgive him and move on. Imagine what it's like for him having to live up to the expectations we have created for him...must be tough. Tiger, I wish you well. Namaste

December 14, 2009 at 12:28 pm |
  95. Ms. LaVerne Samuel

Thank you for allowing me to vent concerning Mr. Tiger Woods. I feel that his sponsors should not drop him.( I really do not know what the company Accure sells.) Tiger isn't the one who promoted his image of being "moral and pure without blemish." His sponsors gave the public that image! Tiger was given the gift, by God, to play golf and to become the best golf player there is at this time . It is apparent that golf is all that Tiger thought about. If it is in a person to "sow wild oaks," it will happen whether a person is married or not and since it seems that Tiger had it in him to appreciate many women for various reasons, then he really should not have married when he did. Perhaps being married and having children gives the public the image of a "good "family man which would help promote the sells of any and all sponsors. I do believe Tiger loves his wife and really loves his children and what Tiger did was wrong because he is married! However, Tiger had not "sown his wild oaks" before marrying. What's in you will come out, sooner or later! Leave Tiger alone!!! Tiger has made some mistakes, but not in his "calling," which was to play golf. He lived, breath, praticed, and focused, GOLF! His biggest mistake was getting married too soon!!! Tiger has apologized to the public and to his wife. There is no more that he can do. In the spiritual realm,if your brother is at fault and he has ask for forgiveness, forgive and restore him. "Joe Public", what you going to do? "Joe Sponsors," what you going to do? Forgive, restore, and love? They destroyed and killed Jesus! They destroyed and killed Michael Jackson! Do you want to destroy and kill Tiger Woods too! "This too, shall past." All the women who are coming forth need to shut up and pray to God! If Tiger had been "Joe Blow" and they had slept with "Joe Blow" we would not be hearing from these women. "the love of money is the root of all evil." I do pray that Tiger and his family can work things out and if it does not work out, then I pray that Tiger can return to doing what he does best and that is, playing golf! I pray that he is focused and his consentration is keen!!! THE COME BACK TIGER!!! 12/14/09

December 14, 2009 at 12:37 pm |
  96. randolph worsham

one time ...let it go ! 8 or 9 , r u kidding ! And his own wife is good looking..he is too greedy !

December 14, 2009 at 12:38 pm |
  97. Kathy

Who would want to pay Tiger big money now when he's "taking time off"? Additionally, who would want their products associated with someoe who pretended to be an upstanding man when he was arrogantly womanizing every chance he got?

December 14, 2009 at 12:56 pm |
  98. john sloane hawley pa

Heidi
    i don't think we need to worry about Tiger --if the companies drop him as their spokesperson -he is not going to be broke or homeless!!!!!!
    when one door closes it opens an other -- Tiger could be the New spokesman for lots of companies :
    The Vegas Tourism Board ??
    Scores Club NY City ??
    Viagra ??
    just to mention a few --the list is endless!!!!!!!!!
    John S
    Hawley PA

December 14, 2009 at 12:58 pm |
  99. Arine Ward

Sponsors always do this...but when he returns he will get even more...I can't and will not say he "Womanized" any of these women...Speaks volumes about them as well...I know they "KNEW" he was married. So no value placed upon on marriage from the outside looking in...makes you really wonder who is saying Hello with a twist to your own husbands...let me call him right now!

December 14, 2009 at 1:00 pm |
  100. MR.AL

iT seems like the privlleged always have more rights than the lower classes in America. Every time they make a human mistake it is either swept under the rug or just forgoten. If I were one of those sponsers I wouldn't want him either. It seems the Wealthy always have more atvantages and the word justice isn't in their vocabulary.

December 14, 2009 at 1:47 pm |
  101. William e Burkett

Tiger Woods–Tiger Woods–Tiger Woods-every hour there is a report on Tiger Woods. Woods was wrong by having affairs. How about some stories on the women who, knowing that Tiger Woods is a married man , crawl into bed with him anyway and apparently enjoy sex. That doesn't say much for the female population, Surly thay could find a man who isn't married or is it just married men who turn them on.

December 14, 2009 at 3:51 pm |
  102. David

The sponsors should stay with him. He genuinly loves what he does and inspires others, kids and grown ups too. That in itself is a wonderful thing. As for the personal incidents, they are just that personal. For a tv viewer, I feel like I'm way too informed as of the first reports. It's not easy to be travelling all over the world, having such an incredibly demanding career and raising a family. Everyone should know that. By taking a bit of time off from golf, he's doing something that a lot of men and women find out they have to do when striving for success. He's making time for his family.

December 14, 2009 at 4:14 pm |
  103. Sheldon

Let him go, considering he is stepping away from golf. However, this needs to stop. This issue of him cheating is between him and his wife. Leave him alone. I am sure he has a lot of issues to work through and the las thing he needs is a bunch of people talking about him. He has made his bed, now let him lay in it. If he needs to step back from golf then the sponsors need to pull away.

December 14, 2009 at 7:22 pm |
  104. Kazie Kimbrough

The problem with the news media and this country is the fact that we place celebrities and athletes on an unreachable pedestal. We forget the fact that they are human. We look to them as role models; when we should be looking at parents as role models. Tiger Woods was morally wrong for commiting adultery, I have yet to hear any news comments about the actions of the yound ladies involved with Tiger Woods. These women has passed themselves off as high paid hookers and it seems like that is ok with CNN and other news media. The news media is sending the wrong message to young ladies; it seems they are encouraging them to catch a married celebrity and scandalize him. CNN need to be fair, each one of those women knew Tiger Woods was married, they got involved with him to humilate him and his wife, take his money and endorse their hooker status. CNN and other media outlets gave those women free publicity instead of conveying to the public that their action is also wrong.

December 15, 2009 at 1:13 pm |
  105. Ray Houghton

Just look at the amount of posts – we sure have our priorities backwards I feel.
    If these, "ladies" see a glittering bauble – of course they'll try and grab it, like crows are attracted to anything that glitters!
    It was Tiger's Wood that should have had the moral backbone to make love to his very attractive wife, instead of the flock of crows.
    While CNN reported things as they happened, it is not their responsibility to give advice. Just report the facts and let me decide.
    Once having said "I do", he should have kept his "driver" in it's bag!

His father was Black and his mother Thai – so when he was conceived, it was called "A Black-Tie Affair".

December 15, 2009 at 1:27 pm |
  106. Jean

The media should be aware that Tiger Woods has real risks for suicide, and I urge you to consider what you are doing to this person. Regardless of what he did, we are not his judge. His age and gender, feelings of guilt, a narcissistic injury, financial loss, loss of his spouse, children, and reputation, minimal true supports, impulsivity, and I suspect hopelessness, put him at extreme risk to take his own life. These things are all major risk factors for suicide. If you have any conscience, I would evaluate what you are doing. Your relentless pursuit of this man is not only weird, but inhuman and could have tragic consequences. Why not let him be? Why not leave it alone? You can all do the right thing here. Instead of trying to find out what he did, with whom and how often, why not control what you are doing.
    Concerned mental health professional.

December 15, 2009 at 3:59 pm |
  107. C TROTTIE

The question should be, why remove him from the ads? Look at the amount of money that he has brought to these companies and to the game. There isn't a human being on planet earth who has not done something that he/she regrets. So, "he who is without sin, cast the first stone". So, let's get on with life. If you want to talk about something, let's talk about how my daughter is going to pay her student loan because we need help.

December 16, 2009 at 10:10 am |
  108. Pamela Johnson Phoenix, AZ

Is this behavior that just started when we got married, or is this something that he has been doing his whole lifetime. His father taught him how to play golf, whatelse did his father teach him. Children are the product of thier enviroment. We all know that the sports and entertaiment business buys and pays for professional recurits. They wine and dine them and if there are women envolved they to are encouraged to be with a particular player or entertainer. The older more expirenced sport enity also encourage your professional players and make them think that they can do as they please.
    40 years ago he would have gotten away with it. No one has privacy in this GOT AN APP FOR THAT age. The women and Mr. Woods were set up. Sexual escapaeds have brought down presidents, politicians, reverends, dr., lawyers, evangilist, priest, and us less popular people. Mr.Woods sponsor and endorser made him this moral enity. His mentors made him sexually immoral and they know who they are. All the people that encouraged him to marry and all the people who encouraged him to sleep with lots of women, need to step back, and take a look at themselves. Mariage means nothing to these people go aheads, who gonna know. We need to remember big brother is watching, videoing, texting,snapping and recording, so let's see what man is gonna get caught next putting their family on the chopping block for a roll in the grass, I mean hay.

December 16, 2009 at 1:53 pm |
  109. Brenda

I cannot believe all the hate that is out there in this world, especially in America. A lot of people hate that Tiger Woods is one of the greatest goffers in our life time, and hate him for all the money he has made and of course we know that race plays a big part of hate comments.
    The people that wanted Tiger labeld him themselves, hes only a man and people wanted him to be perfect. And some of these sponsers, I bet you all just are perfect people........... Judgement, how dare you all contintue to throw rocks. Its funny, I bet some of you are having affairs and doing worst. Tigers has made not only himself, but anyone who is associated with golf a little richer.
    My wishes are for Tiger and his family to work through this. Tis the season...................do you know what that means.................and Heidi get a life. when has the last time you made --Merry Christmas to Tiger and his family.................................. A New Year is coming..........

December 17, 2009 at 10:09 am |
  110. Connie

I do not care what Tiger has going on in his life it is he and his wifes personal business not mine, There are bigger things in the world to worry about than them.

December 17, 2009 at 3:34 pm |
  111. Dianne Riley

Re: Tiger Woods dwindling sponsors Why not drop him? With the media (especially CNN) reporting every rumor and unproven fact about him, why not drop him, ITS IN VOGUE. Why not report or create mor rumors, like: He is Al-Qaeda's chief operative. He was Mrs. Roosevelt's secret lover. He planned the attack on Pearl Harbor, etc.
    STOP GOSSIPING CNN! There is enough news out there to keep you busy for the next millennium.

December 17, 2009 at 4:04 pm |
  112. Lori C.

Tiger Woods may have been a husband with no regard for his wife but is still a money maker. These sponsors may want to take a break from him but soon enough this will all blow over and they may want him back. That's the way things go now days, anything goes, sex scandals only raise eyebrows for a while then it's back to business as usual.

December 18, 2009 at 12:06 am |