Today on CNN Newsroom

December 28th, 2009

Reunited for Christmas

Our thoughts and prayers are with the tens of thousands of American men and women serving our country in the Iraq and Afghanistan war zones, but we couldn’t help but say a few extra prayers for one airman in particular on Christmas. We surprised a member of our team with a phone call from her father in Kandahar, Afghanistan on air. Watch the tearful reunion between father and daughter.

1. Jenny

when i was so young, i also leave my father. at that time we also did phone , so i feel they mind between this father and daughter.

December 28, 2009 at 8:44 am |
  2. Ed from NJ

Interviewing passengers like this one with no checked luggage, a one-way ticket purchased with cash, and who appears on a watchlist, would be far more effective than triple x-rays for grandmas from Iowa!
    Ed from NJ

December 28, 2009 at 10:42 am |
  3. Scott Stodden

I thought this reunion was so amazing and emotional all at the same time. I would like to give honor and respect to all the troops serving our country in Iraq and Afghanistan this holiday season, may the Lord's protection be with each and every person as they serve and protect the greatest country in the world the United States of America.

Scott Stodden (Freeport,Illinois)

December 28, 2009 at 11:59 am |
  4. Linda Bryant

Tony,
    Do you know if our government's computer systems are synchronized yet so that these airline lists can be accessed by all the agencies needed?
    Thanks,
    LGB

December 28, 2009 at 12:00 pm |
  5. Mae

I thought this was a very wonderful thing you guys did! I watched it, and I cried because you could tell it really meant so much to the young woman! I think you gave her and her mom a truly wonderful Christmas!

December 29, 2009 at 9:47 am |
  6. Fred

I saw this when it was happening on the air. It was heart-warminig and, in a certain way, the essence of Christmas! It made me really want to hug the person next to me. To be thankful. Thank you for sharing that moment with viewers!

December 29, 2009 at 1:48 pm |