Today on CNN Newsroom

January 5th, 2010

Can the Government Count on You?

The nation’s once-a-decade head count is officially under way. The Census Bureau’s campaign kicked off yesterday.

The goal: to gather information on the nation’s more than 300 million residents. In 2000 about 67% of households mailed back their forms.

Look for the 10-question form in a mailbox near you come March. If you don’t respond you will get a follow-up postcard. Those who still don’t respond will get a personal visit sometime around May.

So we want to hear from you. Take our quick vote and let us know if you plan to fill out the questionnaire. Let us know why or why not.

Will you fill out the Census Bureau questionnaire?

We’ll share the results and your comments in the CNN Newsroom, 11am — 1pm ET.

Filed under: Tony Harris
  1. michael armstrong sr. TX.

Our boarders are too corrupt for the census count to bare any true numbers of our population I will participate but the illeagles wont.

January 5, 2010 at 8:48 am |
  2. Penny Scrooge

When my child can cut the grass in our community to earn money for an automobile then you can count on me.

The business owner with the big equipment hire illegals so they can increase their profits so they can get another big mower so they can hire another illegal ect..

At least in the Grapes of Wrath you could find work picking fruit. Now the entire economy has completely shifted into an addiction to cheap food and hire profits fueled by illegals.

January 5, 2010 at 11:02 am |
  3. Don - Vegas

NO IS THE ANSWER - Government in my mind is getting too much into my business, what I eat, and now how I care for myself. Enough already! Government is getting too big. Remember, that is what started this country, escaping this crap.

January 5, 2010 at 11:21 am |
  4. Bob McNulty

I don't understand why anyone would not want to fill out the form. BTW how do they count prisons, mental hosp, ect?

January 5, 2010 at 11:21 am |
  5. Joe

Its just like the government to spend billions of dollars on something like getting a head count when their are so many people starving. Our grandparents cant get the prescriptions they need but hey who cares lets just count everone.

January 5, 2010 at 11:22 am |
  6. Jessie Plemmons

Why would someone not want to fill this out when it could only help them to do so? I think there would be more people willing to fill this out if they could do so over the internet as well. Anything that looks like junk mail I immediately toss.

January 5, 2010 at 11:22 am |
  7. SherryAnn

This is going to be a very confusing census with questionable results. We have so many people who have lost homes and are living at temporary addresses, be it with relatives or simply renting. We, for example, are at a temporary address and can't use our new address until after we close on our home. So what do we do? This census will be a snapshot of America in trouble, and not much more. The government ought wait for stability to return, In my opinion.

January 5, 2010 at 11:22 am |
  8. Dea in Fayetteville NC

The census is required by the constitution, and like voting, is a way for me to be heard and counted.

Of course I will participate, boycotting it means that my state loses seats in Congress, and other voices will be heard over mine.

January 5, 2010 at 11:23 am |
  9. Kevin

I plan to fill out the census form, but I will not be answering any questions that are not already answered on my tax forms.

January 5, 2010 at 11:23 am |
  10. Nida

I think its very important to make this available online as well. This is an internet age and people will be more willing to participate if they have an option of filling out the form online.

January 5, 2010 at 11:23 am |
  11. Jennifer Jackson

Tony, If your going to end your broadcast with "why would you throw it out?" referring to what people may do with their census forms, you need to give us a way to answer. This is a politically steeped issue. If you are going to ask that question, go out and be a journalist and ask people. There are numerous reasons. For one thing, the census questions are extremely problematic. as a member of its Board, I have witnessed my professional organization, American Anthropological Assn, press to consult with the Census Bureau to help them with language on the census, all to no avail. Our Nation is extremely diverse and the issues are complex and the census forms do not take much at all into account. The questions are organized to get a particular answer and when people do not feel represented in those questions, they don't want to answer them! Just go ask. We are all out there. Find out why we might throw them out, so that you can then speak to that issue and speak to why it would be good to NOT throw it out but to show your protest in other ways! Thank you, Jennifer

January 5, 2010 at 11:23 am |
  12. Michelle

In the past, if you tossed the census questionnaire away, a census worker would show up at your door and tell you it was required to fill out- so are you saying we are allowed to just toss them? If so, yes I will toss them out! Michelle, AZ

January 5, 2010 at 11:23 am |
  13. Scottie Mitchell

Today you asked a correspondent in the Mid East what could be done to end the indoctrination of children to become suicide bombers. What you should really be asking is – "What can be done to stop the indoctrination of children, period." A young child is no more a Muslim or a Jew or a Christian than he is a member of the postal workers union. This illustrated by the incredible "coincidcence" that all children become followers of the religeon of their parents. No coincidence; it is a result of childhood indoctrination and that is what needs to be stopped.

January 5, 2010 at 11:23 am |
  14. jo hite

why does the census need to know how many rooms in your home, running water, how much you make and the questions go on and on.

if all they need to know is how many in your house why isn't that the question only.

January 5, 2010 at 11:23 am |
  15. Days

I will do my part and make myself count. Social and economic status means nothing when the census comes to town. I dont know why people make it so much more complicated than what it needs to be.

January 5, 2010 at 11:24 am |
  16. Gina Marie

Tony, I will fill out the census questions,but making it available on-line would be alot more efficient and easier on everyone!

January 5, 2010 at 11:24 am |
  17. george overton

i am 66,and i damn tired of the feds knowing how many freckles i have on my butt,any questions?

January 5, 2010 at 11:25 am |
  18. peg

i think that filling out the census should be made mandatory because it is so very important for funding and for the rightful number of representatives. people who do not fill out the form are ignorant of its importance and making it mandatory would ensure all residents of the united states fill it out.

January 5, 2010 at 11:25 am |
  19. Ron

10 Questions? Fill out the form America! We have millions of people counting on benefits from the govt and the govt is counting on them now. You can fill out the form while standing at your mail box getting your govt check and put it back in the out box.

January 5, 2010 at 11:25 am |
  20. Norbert, TX

If you cannot vote and you live in a state vote against what you would want to vote, then don't get counted. Getting counted only give more power to the opponent party.
    For instance, Texas will get a number of representatives based on the total number of person in the state, but these representatives will get elected only by the fraction of the population that can vote, and in Texas they happen to vote Republican no matter what, and this pattern in unlikely to change in the next 10 years. So It is my political responsability not to be counted in the census, in order not to help the likes of Sarah Palin.

January 5, 2010 at 11:25 am |
  21. Brad

I feel with the amount of fraudulant entries that not filing will offset that.

January 5, 2010 at 11:26 am |
  22. Days

As for Penny Scrooge,

Maybe people need to do their part and quit hiring the cheap labour. People should do their own lawns and have all that come to a stop. But people wont and therefore end up in the predicament you are in. There is no one to blame but the people that wont pay the pretty penny (no punn intended), Im tired of everyone else blaming the other side thats simply tryin to get a job somewhere/anywhere like everyone else in this country!

January 5, 2010 at 11:26 am |
  23. Jim Davis

Hi, Tony,
    My wife and I are senior citizens. Before I married my bride twenty years ago, I might have been tempted to ignore the census bureau, but Dolores is an avid genealogist, and she has explained to me how important it is to leave a record of one's passage. So....we will certainly be filling out the forms, not for congressional representation but to leave a trail for some relative, perhaps not even born yet. Stay warm.
    Jim Davis

January 5, 2010 at 11:26 am |
  24. Nick

I voted no, but your website wouldn't count my vote! What kind of rigged system is this?? Is this fair reporting?

January 5, 2010 at 11:27 am |
  25. Pamela Price

Yes, I think it is our responsibility to fill out the Census, because if we don't then it could hurt our state in getting help from the government with medical care and other money that is needed to help the ones that can not work. this year alot of jobs were lost therefore it is really importat I think if not for that reason alone!

January 5, 2010 at 11:28 am |
  26. Tim

So a vote of no counts as yes...what is this, Fox News?

January 5, 2010 at 11:28 am |
  27. Jeff

As reported on CNN this morning, completing the Census is what leads to political power; however, married gay couples are not being counted. My husband and I are legally married in the state of California along with 18K others – why shouldn't we be counted? Are the government and political parties worried about the implications of counting gay couples? Once I am really counted, I will participate in the census – hopefully in 10 years.

January 5, 2010 at 11:29 am |
  28. Kathy

Yes, I will fill out my census form. I know many that will not, however these are people that fight against every government move. I still believe in my government. That is a lot considering I am a babyboomer of the 50/60's!

January 5, 2010 at 11:30 am |
  29. Patricia K Grizzle Huling,Ph.D.

These messages about the Census being a conspiracy and invasion of privacy serve to scare illegals and discourage disenfranchised minorities from completing the forms. This would disproportionately impact places such as California. Thus, reallocating their resources to other regions.

January 5, 2010 at 11:31 am |
  30. Nick Rupley

I just realized that my vote of "no" was counted as a "yes"!!! THIS IS RIGGED. The thing is, why would you want to rig it as all yes's? Wouldn't it be more sensational to rig it as all no's? After all, that's what this is all about, yellow journalism!

January 5, 2010 at 11:31 am |
  31. Earl

I plan on tossing it. If I were the very last vote or count individual, I would. I don't believe in one person making a difference. Besides, seems like just another way for the government to get in your business.

January 5, 2010 at 11:32 am |
  32. T. Bell

I'll probably fill out the census, but I can tell you why I'm inclined not to do it. I'm so fed up with the government, congress etc. – why should I do anything to help them out?

January 5, 2010 at 11:32 am |
  33. concerned

My husband would throw it out because he feels the gov't is intrusive.Fortunately, I on the other hand will fill it out because I realize the importance of the finances it gives our state.

January 5, 2010 at 11:35 am |
  34. Jeff

Glad to see that I am not the only one voting no and not be reflected that way! CNN – what's wrong with you system??

January 5, 2010 at 11:36 am |
  35. Douglas Howell

January 5, 2009

I did not fill out the 2000 Census as the Federal, States, and Local Government haven't care about my concerns regarding increased Taxation, loss of income, higher Federal and State and Local Government Fees, Service Charges, etc. All the Federal Government is going to do with the information is increase our Federal Taxes and increase the number of Federal Employees that do NOT server the general public. I feel that the National Census is a big scam to raise more money for the Federal Treasury to pay their salaries and improve their buildings! They haven't cared about me in the past so why should I help them raise more money for themselves? I won't be filling out this Census either! I don't know of any LAW that REQUIRES us to complete the Census.

January 5, 2010 at 11:36 am |
  36. Jim

I hope the current Census is better than the 2000 one. Not sure how to make it so.

However, Tony, keep up the good work!

January 5, 2010 at 11:37 am |
  37. Francine

All residents of the US who enjoy the PRIVELEGES of living in this country should be required to complete the census forms. It really is no different from filing for a license to drive or filing your yearly state, local, or federal taxes. Fines should be imposed for those not complying. Those without jobs who are relying on federal or local aid such as social security, disability, welfare, etc. should be held responsible to complete the census before receiving their next alotment. Consider it your right, your privelege, and your responsibility!

January 5, 2010 at 11:39 am |
  38. David

If being counted leads to political power what can I assume as same sex married couples are not being counted? How many same sex married couples are there in Iowa, Vermont, Conn, NH or Mass? I guess the answer is 0 as none will be counted - even though married opposite sex couples are counted. These are LEGALLY sanctioned marriages.
    Even slaves counted back in the day (3/5th of a white person!!) So unless me and my husband can be counted I say the census is a sham - and will only booster the homophobic agenda of conservative politicians.

January 5, 2010 at 11:39 am |
  39. David

are they counting the NO votes yet??? Just like the census CNN only wants to count who they want to count.

January 5, 2010 at 11:43 am |
  40. Norbert, TX

I concurs with TIm. I voted no and it was not recorded or recorded as yes.

As for the argument that filling the census insure your representation: No filling the census only insure that the majority party of the state you live in get to vote in your name.
    And if they get new congressional district, rest assure that they will tweak the district map just right to insure that they get one more seat.

January 5, 2010 at 11:43 am |
  41. Jack, IN

My vote of "no" was not counted!! What is this, CNN?????

January 5, 2010 at 11:59 am |
  42. michael armstrong sr. TX.

If the government wants a close count on the census then they need to audit all food stamp outlets for none registered citizens .

January 5, 2010 at 11:59 am |
  43. greg stockes

I'm then willing to fill out the cencus but i have a problem with giving my name and phone nuber to the federal government . I'm former law enforcement (retiered after 30+years) and worked in both local and federal law enforcement.The problem i have is two fold ,one the individuals they employee to take the cencus are not all criminal free.I'm from San Diego and after they cencus was taken in this area the feds ended up arresting one of the suppevisors in chula vista for identity theft.Second the cencus will tell you that this info is not kept in a federal computer data base which is wrong it's all kept name phone number and every thing on the form.last time i gave the info to the cencus bureau i had them show up at my house because i would not give them my name and phone #. they even entered my home uninvited. they went to the naughbors in an attempt to get info on me. It just so happen that I was working under cover narcotics so you can understand why I was not going to give some pearson that showed up at my door any information dealing with my name or phone number where i worked what our house hold gross income was and more. I called the [police and they sent them packing.I did provide them the information as how many people lived in the home ages and sexes along with our nationality but in my view they were not intitled to all the other information they requsted.Now I don't live in California any more but i will still not provide the cencus with more information then what they need to count citizens! Any ways that my view and story( condensed version) about the last cencus contact I had.

January 5, 2010 at 11:59 am |
  44. YES, of course

Our representation in Congress is based upon accurate census numbers. Those who won't complete the censes; you don't deserve any representation. While you're at it, don't vote either.

January 5, 2010 at 12:00 pm |
  45. John

I will not participate in the Census because Washington is corrupt and Obama is a moron. Since the Government dosen't believe in the people no ore then I believe the Census is not needed. So no I don't care for the Governments case because they have lied enough to the people where no one believe them. The government has failed its Senior citizens and the Government still profiles Arabs. No I'm not one of those Tea Party followers or birthers and whatever other crazy labels.

January 5, 2010 at 12:05 pm |
  46. John Gillette

I will fill it out, but not personal info like SSN, they tell you to never give it out, but ask for it constantly. They don't need that for a census

January 5, 2010 at 12:07 pm |
  47. Eugene

Not only did my vote NOT count on this unfair poll, but the "Quick Vote" on the CNN main page is also not this poll, rather it is "How do you feel about the financial markets at the start of the new year?" Tony (or I should say, the techies behind the scene) are just full of lies and mistakes today.

January 5, 2010 at 12:07 pm |
  48. Morgan Wyeth

To me, the census is not a matter of government in my business, But rather, helping my state get the services it needs.

January 5, 2010 at 12:09 pm |
  49. David Jaques

I am more then happy to do my part to fill out the census. As someone who works in the social sciences, I can see how the census data frequently influences my field of research. Unfortunately, if things haven't changed, my same-sex partner and I will continue to be unable to notify the country of our existence. Even if our relationship isn't legally recognized, it's important for the government to be collecting data on just how many same-sex couples are out there. This kind of information would be critical in influencing the debate on marriage equality at capital hill.

January 5, 2010 at 12:11 pm |
  50. trena smith

no i will not fill out the form why should i cooperate with the government when im unemployed and cant get any medical assistance for me are my child.

January 5, 2010 at 12:11 pm |
  51. Frank Tn.

Dear Tony,
    I doubt that I will fill it out because the said its manditory. This is not the former Soviet Union yet or Nazi Germany. If they would ask I might consider it but when they tell me I HAVE to fill it out then they can forget it. Its like they are saying that they are passing a law to make health insureance manditory. I will get health insurance when they give my my government option and not before! Throw me in Census prison or into Insurance prison!

January 5, 2010 at 12:13 pm |
  52. Eddie

I am a genealogist and use the past census as a primary research tool. Sometimes it is the only tool available to find ancestors and how they lived and contributed. The census will make information about me available to my descendants a hundred years from now.

January 5, 2010 at 12:14 pm |
  53. IceGolfer

Some people amaze me. Fill out the forms so we can get the federal government money back? What? That's our money! MY money. If it's not needed for essential FEDERAL Government services, of which there are less than 10, then leave the money in the states where it belongs. States and local governments can best deal with education, health care, welfare, etc. The feds should keep a standing army, protect the borders of our country, assist our friends around the world WHEN ASKED, and assist with disputes between states, when asked. Not much else left for them to do.

January 5, 2010 at 12:18 pm |
  54. Greg H.

I am of a minority opinion in my state, so I will not be filling out the census. If my state has less representation, I will be doing my part to keep the JEEZUSFREAKS out of government.

January 5, 2010 at 12:18 pm |
  55. Ed

Yes, as a member of the gay community who has been in a long term, committed relationship, I have to make sure that both my partner and I are counted as a couple. We do not have the same civil rights as heterosexuals do, so we need to proper representation in Congress.

January 5, 2010 at 12:21 pm |
  56. Greg H.

Also, my vote was not counted as well!! Tony has already announced live on CNN "Glad to see 100% of you plan to fill out the census HURRHURR." Doesn't anyone realize that this poll is not working?

January 5, 2010 at 12:22 pm |
  57. mark

Your Census survey is not counting votes correctly. All "no" votes are being counting as "yes" votes. If not corrected, the survey results are meaningless. My analytical experience has taught me that nothing is 100% with quality surveys, and if reported as such, checking the results alwyas confirms this.

January 5, 2010 at 12:24 pm |
  58. James

I think that everyone is missing the point that it is a FEDERAL OFFENCE to not fill out the census. So those who do not fill it out are no better than a bank robber. It doesn’t matter if you are a citizen or not does not matter in this situation. EVERYONE is required by law to fill it out. It is our duty. They already have your address, they can easily find you phone number (it is public information) and you can answer the race question with prefer not to answer. And those of you who don’t like the government it is even more important to fill it out. You can’t change the government of and for the people if you do not participate in it. Remember, we are their bosses. So what good reason does anyone have to not fill it out?

January 5, 2010 at 12:25 pm |
  59. Jeff

I feel like I have to question everything reported on CNN because this issue with No votes should have been easy to identify and correct – but nothing has been done w/ something this simple – makes me questions EVERYTHING!

January 5, 2010 at 12:28 pm |
  60. IceGolfer

That's one way to get the results you want in a poll. Only count the yes votes. As Josef Stalin said, "It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes."

January 5, 2010 at 12:33 pm |
  61. Jude Stauffer

I don't know if CNN plans to present a "slant" on the census story, such as Tony's verbal inflection already emphasizing the COST of the census. I would be outraged and disappointed if viewers were discouraged from providing data to the census due to the manner in which CNN presents this story. The cost to take the census this year pales in comparison to the demographic data received from each census, the value of that data today and in the future, and the historical value such data will have for centuries. A census has been taken in this country since at least 1850. Since that time both public and private interests have benefited from the information available and how that information provides a broader and better understanding of our nation. If you need to find an interesting slant, please don't make it about money. Make it about the varied uses of the information gleaned. That would teach us all something valuable. Thank you!

January 5, 2010 at 12:36 pm |
  62. Amy

Absolutely... it is required! 10 simple short questions is not delving too far into my personal life. My sex, age, and race is no secret and the form doesn't even ask for a name. If you don't fill our the form you are taking thousands of dollars away from your state!

January 5, 2010 at 12:46 pm |
  63. Todd

Tony,
    I voted no on your quick poll and yet you still have 100% yes vote? I will be filling out the census form... but I read your comments here and many people were saying no and complaining that your quick poll was inaccurate, so I voted no on your quick poll... I guess it's "broken"
    -Todd

January 5, 2010 at 12:47 pm |
  64. fred davis

i don't think the government is going to learn much more from many individuals from the census than they already know through other means.

January 5, 2010 at 12:49 pm |
  65. mark

Wow ... I thought that my message and others stating the same would have been addressed by now ("no" votes being counted as "yes"). Tony just read some comments from viewers, and one that he read was a "no" vote, yet he still states 100% voted yes. Who is doing the "thinking" at CNN?

January 5, 2010 at 12:50 pm |
  66. josh sarabia

No, if the government wants to spend the money then they can come to my house and try to get the info themselves. Good luck.
    This is stupid cause how will they count all illegals? They will never get a correct number anyway.

January 5, 2010 at 12:51 pm |
  67. DJ

We have been commenting on this problem for more than 90 minutes.....how long does it take for CNN to figure things out.

January 5, 2010 at 12:55 pm |
  68. Penny Scrooge

Reply to Days,

Actually lawns are just at the bottom of the ladder of the American worker that is being sold out by hiring of illegals, overseas outsourcing, part timing the work force and a few other tricks I am sure I missed.

January 5, 2010 at 2:41 pm |
  69. John

No way will I fill out the census as I said eariler the Government is Corrupt and we vote out the congress. Lock me up because I will not fill out any census. Federal Government no longer represents any American and I mean any American and does not deserve my census or anyone elses. Hey Tony Harris or CNN Tech department fix the quick vote even erase all the votes already counted. I voted No 4 times and it wouldn't count the first 2 times.

January 5, 2010 at 2:43 pm |
  70. Randy

The only way to do it is leave it blank and send it back and let them figure it out , their suppose to be the smart ones

January 5, 2010 at 3:38 pm |
  71. Nick

I will be forwarding this information to Fox, NBC, and other pertinent media outlets. The nation deserves to know proof that CNN slants their reporting in order to show a biased, unfair result. I used to trust CNN, but after seeing this, who knows what else they've deceitfully misrepresented!!

I'm sure they already know that we're onto them, Tony'll probably just come out sometime and say that there were "technical errors" and CNN didn't mean to do it, but we all know what's really going on. If they didn't mean to do it, they would have fixed the problem within the first 10 minutes, when everyone was complaining! For Christ's sake, Tony even read a negative response, skipped over ALL THE OTHER negative responses, and went on to proudly proclaim that "100% have voted yes." I mean, what further proof do you need that CNN knew -exactly- what they were doing?

January 5, 2010 at 4:20 pm |
  72. Rich IN PHOENIX

yes i'll complete the census, but as a native arizonan who is ex-military,unemployed with no health insurance, PLUS 20 OR MORE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS WHO WON'T PARTICIPATE!

January 5, 2010 at 4:39 pm |
  73. georgeoverton

this is why i listen to npr,they give the news not the hype,if i want humor i watch fox first,then cnn,if i want the news not slanted,then npr is the only way too go,so tony next time your in your car turn off wolf and jack they are a joke anyway,tune in too npr,take a lesson,o.k.?p.s.my wife knows where you can buy comedy cental hats for a dollar!

January 5, 2010 at 7:58 pm |
  74. Timothy Robert Smith

Genealogy is very important to me and the 1850-1930 census records have been a wonderful resource in tracking down many lines of my family. Census records are held private for around 70 years (exact and legal time is unknown to me, but I was told it is for due to portions of one of the many privacy acts). It would be a shame for my great grandchildren to not have this resource at their disposal. I will have my records as complete as I can, but there are many areas that I wish I had access to the 1940 or newer records.

For those in the future who wish to learn about their past (our present), we owe them this resource and should give it to them as accurately as we can.

January 5, 2010 at 9:28 pm |
  75. Valerie L. Boyer

I'll be counted but We will not get a true number because of all of our illegal residents.

January 6, 2010 at 8:00 am |
  76. John

Hey folks don't fill out the stupid Census because the Government is corrupt and soent' care for any American Citizen. Man shooting a court house in Las Vegas because he lost his Social Security Case is one example where the Government dosen't care.

January 6, 2010 at 11:02 pm |
  77. Dea in Fayetteville

Our Constitution requires us to fill out the census every ten years. For those of us who are so concerned about our rights being eroded, saying that we won't fill out the census is cherry picking what parts of the Constitution we want to follow. It's all or none people.

If you want to demand that our lawmakers and neighor follow the Constitiution to the letter, you have to do the same. Fill out and mail in the census forms as is required by law. Don't be a hypocrit

January 7, 2010 at 1:13 pm |
  78. John

Hey Dea,

Actually not only should people not fill out the Census because the Government has stepped out of Line but the Government should get no more Tax Money from people that have to pay taxes. Also Dea you can fill out the Census if you want to but since the Government has stepped out of line then not filling out the Census will send a strong message to the Government that the American People had enough of Congress and the Government altogether and more Federal Legislatures will not seek re-election. Untill Washington hears our grievance then the American people will throw out the Census and possibly not paying taxes as well. Without Money the Federal Government will wakeup untill they wakeup not filling out the Census is as strong as a General Strike. Of Course I can't wait till a General Strike comes and Washington will not stop one like they did in 1946.

January 7, 2010 at 1:40 pm |
  79. Dea in Fayetteville

the fine for not filling out the census is $5000, they're going to get their money one way or another

January 7, 2010 at 6:15 pm |
  80. John

Hey Dea,

Who cares how much the fine is I rather go to jail then fill out the stupid census. I just won't be home during the month of May. Screw the Census.

January 8, 2010 at 12:53 pm |
  81. jim vicalvi

100% of the people voting yes? Did you people get your training in Afghanistan or Iran???
    I will tell them how many are in my household and that we are all Americans and that is it.

January 8, 2010 at 4:28 pm |
  82. John

The reason to not fill out the census is to send a message to Congress that the American People do not recognise this current Congress evil tactics and it is surely a strong protest message. If people fill out this census then you are approving the evil tactics of this Congress. This isn't like any other 10 years when people like to fill out the census. This time it is different. We are still Americans by not filling the census as a strong protest. The American people will be stronger by not filling out the census and Congress will be the losers. This time the American people aren't buying what the census is good for the American people have had enough and the American will go as far as not filling out the Census as a protest message.

January 11, 2010 at 11:36 am |