Today on CNN Newsroom

January 9th, 2010

The standup comedian who's also an economist

It's not the kind of comedy you hear every day. But somehow, Yoram Bauman is turning the economy into some comedy gold. Here's my interview with the self-declared "first and only standup economist."

Read more from our interview here, and check out more videos from Yoram here.
Who's making you laugh in this economy?

Post by:
Filed under: Josh Levs • Kyra Phillips
  1. Scott Stodden

TJ, Betty and Josh I love this man because sometimes in these rough economic times when we're dealing with the worst recession ever that we really need to just sit and laugh about how comical this goverment really is I mean people just walking into the White House, terroists invading our country, closed door sessions with only Democrats to get health care rushed through, truly this is the change we were all expecting from President Obama right? How you doooooin Mr Obama?

Scott Stodden (Freeport, Illinois)

January 9, 2010 at 7:19 am |
  2. Tom

I love my job, my boss, and everything about the whole thing. I AM SO LUCKY!!!!!!!

January 9, 2010 at 8:22 am |
  3. Justin

Priceless, keep up the good work. We all need a little laugh, life w/o laughter would be pretty boring.

January 9, 2010 at 11:30 am |
  4. Crmen Aponte

Being unemployed myself to loss of job. I think Yoram's comedy on our economics is great. He made me laugh and really see that there really can be a comical side to most bad situations. Loved his humor..well taken.

January 9, 2010 at 11:46 am |
  5. Rob Nelson

This is funny, but there are tones of other comedians out there right now that are doing awesome things and lifting our spirits with laughter. Like Adam Sank and his break up comedy tough across america – crazy funny.

January 9, 2010 at 6:08 pm |
  6. lesslee

My daughter works for a large hospital system. No raises in two years, stopped company contribution to 401(k), now she must stop wearing scrubs and spend money on a new casual office dress attire. They just heard that 2% raise my come through this year (The company should just keep it, donate to charity, if they have one). Oh, yes, the insurance premiums have gone up as well as the co pay and deductibles. All the management all the way to the home office get nice big bonuses. They company used to send lower pay staff home from the hospital, so the bottom line would be better for their bonuses.
    Greed in America! It's the best don't you think?

January 11, 2010 at 9:05 am |
  7. lesslee

Oh, I forgot, the economy is getting better, right!?

January 11, 2010 at 9:06 am |