Today on CNN Newsroom

The latest news and information from around the world. Also connect with CNN through social media. We want to hear from you.
April 10th, 2010
02:27 AM ET

Your Tax Questions Answered

With April 15th coming up fast, Roni Duetch, the "Tax Lady" joins us to anwer your tax-related questions.

Leave your questions here. We may use some of them in the 8 o'clock hour of CNN Saturday Morning.

Post by:
Filed under: CNN Newsroom
soundoff (12 Responses)
  1. Amanda

    I had the rumblings of the start of a business; got the DBA, registered with the state, etc. I spent a good portion of time and money on research and items for the start of the business, but alas, I have decided to wait...

    I spoke with comptroller's office and asked them to delete the previously tax info.

    Can or should I write-off any of these expenses on my taxes?

    April 10, 2010 at 2:34 am |
  2. Jim D

    Obama told the people that the new Health reform law would lower the national debet so if this is true why would we need a value added tax?

    April 10, 2010 at 5:19 am |
  3. Kelly

    Last year, I purchased an used car. Can I deduct the sales tax from that purchase?

    April 10, 2010 at 7:21 am |
  4. Kelly

    My tax accountant already electronically filed this year, and I owe money. When I got home, I caught a couple of errors in my return. I still owe, but nearly as much. What should I do?

    April 10, 2010 at 7:32 am |
  5. Donald K. Martin

    Can I file for an extension of both Federal and State Income Taxes on-line via the Internet? How do I do this free of charge?

    April 10, 2010 at 7:46 am |
  6. Tonya

    I would like to know if a Adult Care Expense of $1300/month can be written off for my Mother who recieves a pension and soc security. I think her income is too high b/c she was a retired educator.

    April 10, 2010 at 8:20 am |
  7. min

    i have question about my tax
    i did"t finished my tax about 2005/6/7 and then i got out of business 2007 july what shoud i had to do . i still no job
    can you explain to me what i have to do

    April 10, 2010 at 8:59 am |
  8. joseph

    On schedule A (itemized deductions) line 8 (other taxes), what types of items would be listed here?

    April 10, 2010 at 9:09 am |
  9. Puzzled

    I am getting a bigger refund than I paid in taxes. What's going on? With losses and all the exemptions and deductions, they now pay you. This can't be the way to get out of the national debt.

    April 10, 2010 at 9:37 am |
  10. michael armstrong sr.

    Many people were counting on the Social Security stimulus will Obama submit this bill to congress again for the $250.00 stimulus .

    April 10, 2010 at 12:09 pm |
  11. Scotty

    Employers in the 'private sector' cannot take any earnings from workers pay without their wilfull consent, and the only way to do that is by giving a SSN, and W-4 to your employer, so the 2 most important questions of all are. 1: Exactly what law requires anyone to even *APPLY* for a SSN? AND 2: Under IRS rules 26 CFR 31.3402(p)-1(b)Exactly what law requires anyone even to give their employer a W-4 in the United States of America?

    April 10, 2010 at 1:06 pm |
  12. Mary Ann Castro

    Can I still claim y daughter as a dependent if she earned $3,800.00 this year. If I have to report her income do I put it in the W2 income reporting section on 1040?

    April 13, 2010 at 10:32 am |