Today on CNN Newsroom

May 11th, 2010

'Widespread Panic' singing for Nashville

The guys of the band "Widespread Panic" have roots in Tennessee, and they've played for thousands of fans across the state for many years. They know the healing and unifying power that music brings in the time of need.

They're using that power again now, and inviting you to be apart of it. Kyra Phillips interviews the band as they shared how you can make a difference in flood-stricken Nashville. And did I mention– they were live with music during both hours! Making a difference for disaster victims never sounded better!

Filed under: Anchors • CNN Newsroom • Kyra Phillips
  1. Kym

Widespread Panic is the best band out there! Kudos to CNN for featuring them.

May 11, 2010 at 1:27 pm |
  2. Dave Williams

Widespread Panic are great ambassadors for volunteerism, charity, and the best attributes of humankind.

May 11, 2010 at 4:53 pm |
  3. Jason Garrett Williams

Those are all really great people who went unnoticed for years for all the charitable work they have done from helping Spinal Muscular Atrophy children, feeding the hungry, to instruments in schools and the list goes on. Their Fans care and people hopefully know too how much they do.

🙂

May 11, 2010 at 5:17 pm |
  4. Paul

This is great to see the boys in this setting. It is very personal look into the band and a great honor for all parties involved!
    Livin' the Moontime! 🙂

May 11, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  5. Bryan

These guys are the best....

May 12, 2010 at 8:56 am |
  6. tom williamson

I live... I love ...I learn...I Panic ! I love these guys,been going to shows since 1990,now I am 41 and still going strong.This band shows a fine example of southern hospitality by giving back to the community,love,time and happiness.LONG LIVE WSP !

May 12, 2010 at 9:20 am |
  7. Lisa

Wow! Panic on CNN! They are an awsome group of guys!

May 12, 2010 at 9:40 am |
  8. Mark in tuscaloosa

This is why we love this band.

May 12, 2010 at 10:25 am |
  9. mary crow

I love this band! I am wondering if there is a way to see the whole interview.... my friend Angela Disrud had her photos of the flood featured before the band was interviewed. I really want to see this and don't see it in the video clip featuring Wide Spread Panic. I know she would also like to see it as she does not have cable! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you and thank you for your support of my beloved city and home town, Nashville. Mary

May 12, 2010 at 10:39 am |
  10. john reese

i have been a panic fan since the early 90's and have attended close to 300 shows. They have been involved with charitable organizations for as long as I can remember and have always been very humble. They have wondered on past tradgedy within the band and extending their fame for a worthy cause is on par with the stand up guys they are. Keep on wonderin'

May 12, 2010 at 1:07 pm |
  11. Fred

I agree with the other bloggers! These musicians are inspiring! Great interview, Kyra, and great idea, CNN!

May 13, 2010 at 5:59 am |
  12. christopher teague rowe

its great to see my favorite band givin back likes this. they inspire in so many ways. see you in charlotte

May 13, 2010 at 7:19 am |
  13. Big Paul

Thanks John Reese for letting us know how many shows you've been to, as it is relevant to the purpose of WSP being on CNN.....good job!

May 13, 2010 at 12:34 pm |
  14. Preston

Love the Spread, and Spread the Love!!

May 13, 2010 at 6:23 pm |
  15. brian

I've been seeing panic for as long as tom. this band plays great music and does a lot for the community. But stop letting JB talk on news interviews, he always says things are global, univeral, extra-terrestrial, anti-gravity, etc. Just have them do what they do best > be good people and play some hair raising music!

May 14, 2010 at 1:12 am |