Today on CNN Newsroom

October 14th, 2010

THE BIG I: Carrying a Tune with an App

Today's Big I focused on music technology.  We highlighted the iPhone app LaDiDa.  It uses artificial intelligence to automatically compose music to match your voice....even if you can't carry a tune.

To check out the LaDiDa app, click here.

To see the other music technology research going on at Georgia Tech, click here.

Also Delonda Morgan Harvey sang as part of the segment today.  To hear more from her, click here.

Filed under: Ali Velshi • Anchors • CNN Newsroom • The Big I
  1. julie yang

it would be nice because if some people can not sing can have that will change there music life...i seen on tv and its cool and i like it alot and if i have the money i would by it right now.

October 14, 2010 at 1:02 pm |
  2. William

This is the same technology that Taylor Swift uses to correct her OFF key singing when recording an album.

October 14, 2010 at 1:06 pm |
  3. Garry Bacon

First of all thank CNN for keeping us computer geeks up to date with computer apps. The young lady that sang a song on your show., could really sing. I'm a 51years old man, and this young lady made me cry,her singing touch my heart. God bless her and your show.

October 14, 2010 at 1:13 pm |
  4. Kingsley Wright

Hey Ali, how do people like us get hold of this APP to buy, i mean people in Canada and other places and how much will it cost, thank you.

October 14, 2010 at 1:34 pm |
  5. Hattie

I saw this and yes I loved it ...I want it. Hope I can impress my family and friends and let them hear my bad singing now. Wow I love this App I am going to my I phone and look for it now, thanks Ali. Keep the info coming I am loving it.

October 14, 2010 at 4:53 pm |
  6. Johnson

It seems that Apple is being given a large amount of free advertising under the guise of being business or technology news. In the interest of full disclosure shouldn't there be a clear and definitive statement made as to whether or not the employees or CNN received these Apple products either for free or at a discounted price?

October 20, 2010 at 2:34 pm |