Today on CNN Newsroom

December 30th, 2010

My New Year's Resolution....

It seems that each year at the end of December we promise ourselves anew how great "NEXT" year will be!

We will:  exercise more, lose weight, quit smoking,  pay off our debts...what's your New Year's Resolution?

Share your resolutions with us and we'll read some of them on the air today at 10am EST on CNN Newsroom.

Filed under: Kyra Phillips
  1. Maria Kaylor

My New Year's Resolution :

To be a better Mother to my adult children by learning to listen and let them deal with their obstacles....enjoy them.

To be a better girlfriend and just enjoy the time together. The simple things bring joy.

To be a better friend and make the time to spend quality time.

To be a better employee ....be more patient when I dont agree.

To be the BEST grandmother !
    To be thankful and not want....and not let things get to me ...learning to relax and enjoy.....the debt will still be there ....the weight will slowly get off....I dont smoke anymore but dont take my wine away.

December 30, 2010 at 9:08 am |
  2. Michael Armstrong Sr.

My resolution is to loose 50 pounds and cut my blogging down on CNN in half .

December 30, 2010 at 9:25 am |
  3. Irina

My New Year's resolution is to make friends with good, caring people, and to become more socially involved with those around me.

December 30, 2010 at 9:46 am |
  4. Diane Moser

I'm on dialysis waiting for a kidney transplant. I encourage all to resolve to save a life in 2011. Become an altruistic kidney donor!

December 30, 2010 at 9:47 am |
  5. Allison Henson

I had the gastric bypass surgery in May 2010, and I have lost over 100 lbs so far! Their goal weight for me is 175 lbs, but my personal goal is 150 lbs so I have a healthy Body Mass Index. I started out at 289 lbs, and despite the holidays, I have still managed to keep losing weight, so my goal is to lose that last 25 pounds, and save up for reconstructive surgery to get rid of the excess skin! Wish me luck!

Allison
    Stephan, South Dakota

December 30, 2010 at 9:48 am |
  6. Dan

I want to study the bible more and become more Christ like.

December 30, 2010 at 9:56 am |
  7. Lynda Christensen

My New Year's resolution is to lose 106 pounds. My christmas present to myself was to have a Vertical sleeve gastrectomy on December 21st to be able to lose the weight.

December 30, 2010 at 10:51 am |
  8. Zita

My New Year's resolution is to finally take advantage of my full potential and intellect, and stop being a waste of life...that is, stop doing the bare minimum to get by.

December 30, 2010 at 10:53 am |
  9. Jean

Be less bitter and lovingly forgiving - and hit the pavement EVERY DAY - exercise!

December 30, 2010 at 11:00 am |
  10. Mayda

My New Year's resolution is to not volunteer myself for everything at work! I am a teacher and am chairing clubs, work overtime and am on the Professional Learning Community team as well as the Technology Mentor. All this, teaching and professional development is TOO stressful and overwhelming! Therefore, I will be saying "No" more often!

December 31, 2010 at 1:43 pm |
  11. Carlie t

My new years resolution was to get my associate's of science degree this year! That and geting stronger this year and being more healthy which is not going to happen since that was last years resolution.

January 12, 2011 at 4:40 am |