Today on CNN Newsroom

February 3rd, 2011

Who Is Your Role Model?

Leave your comments here.

Filed under: Ali Velshi • Anchors
  1. Sally Jordan

President Barack Obama is my role model. He always stresses the positive that we have in us.

February 3, 2011 at 1:21 pm |
  2. Starr DiGiacomo

My role model no doubt is Nancy Lieder who selflessly educates the public on the earth changes and the coming pole shift even while being frowned upon by the establishment who fear her message. She should be honored for her dedication to the truth and to mankind.

February 3, 2011 at 1:25 pm |
  3. sandra strohschein

Ali, I can't help but wonder after what we saw in Greece last year and now Eygpt this year, do you think that the US governement should sit up and take notice of the ever widening economic gap between the rich and the poor in our country? If the government thinks that something like this could not happen in this country, they are delusional. Especially after listening to Poppy just now talking about how even though the economics were getting better in Egypt it had not trickled down to the middle class. I live in Holland Michigan where every family I know of has been hugely affected by unemployment or a diminishing income and a much increased cost of living. Our capitalist Government does not work for the average American any more.

February 3, 2011 at 1:26 pm |
  4. mubarak must go

I don't have a role model as I wish to be my own person, instead of an imitation of someone else.

February 3, 2011 at 1:34 pm |
  5. Amitoj

Guru Nanak Ji, the founder of the Sikh way of life. Promoting humanity, equality, self-less service and etc.

February 3, 2011 at 2:09 pm |
  6. Nina

My role model is Hillary Clinton because she values all the important things in her life and doesn't let anything steer her from her "Northern Star"; her family, her marriage, her profession, her ideals, her duties and her country. She is a person who has never given up! Her perseverance is worthy of admiration.

February 3, 2011 at 2:23 pm |
  7. d bianco

our president is my hero. He is trying to help working people, although a lot of working people don't realize it. An earlier question asked about his Christianity. Most Christians i know are only Christian in name. when it comes to helping the poor and opressed, as Christ would, they say not with my tax money instead lets give it to thr rich. good luck getting through the eye of the needle with those rich that you've helped

February 3, 2011 at 2:41 pm |
  8. Glo

Lotto Code Cracked

I am curious as to how this will affect future Gov revenues.

February 3, 2011 at 2:52 pm |
  9. C. Harris

I find Anderson Cooper's rigorous self-discipline and ability to keep his personal belief so far out of his career has made him a highly respect Journalist and reporter. He's overcome a series of obstacles and is incredibly underrated.

February 3, 2011 at 2:55 pm |
  10. vincent

Ghandi- i strive to realize, every day, how much difference one person can make in this world.
    Needless to say, peace is important to me as well – non violent ways to protest – develop dialogue.
    Treating All people as equals, with respect and kindness.

February 3, 2011 at 2:56 pm |
  11. Carol Sumilas Boshears

My brother's wife exemplifies what a woman can do, how one can act well and also be compassionate. I pick her (plus she deserves a trophy for being married to Jack;)) She has done much and is brilliant in many aspects educational, art, science and sport wise.

February 3, 2011 at 3:02 pm |
  12. Glo

Wall Street,Corporate America and all the "Greed Is Good" crowd, take a good look at what is happening in the Middle East. When you oppress the mass, eventually they will turn on you. Once it begins, it is spread quickly. Turn around while there is a window of opportunity.

Stop destroying America for selfish gains! After all, how much do you need to feel that you have enough?

February 3, 2011 at 3:06 pm |
  13. Liz Carter in Georgia

@BOB WALSH; Great offer and suggestion. I certainly do hope those politically divisive, biasly calculating clowns take you up on it and give you an address, a date and a time! POLLS! POLLS! POLLS!

February 3, 2011 at 3:32 pm |
  14. laura from willis

Soon to be "Blessed" Pope John Paul II. Definitely, a PEACE MAKER. If we would all do one random act of kindness daily, can you just image the impact we'd have on this unsettled World?

"...let there be Peace on Earth, and let it begin with me....."

February 3, 2011 at 3:55 pm |
  15. bebe rice

My role model is Mother Theresa. She had choices to live a life of a quiet comfort but she chose to live in solidarity and assistance to those who are hungry and sick. Honestly, I would choose a life situation that is non stressful and keep myself safe; this is the life for me. She is non comparable serving other humans than self. Hope to see her in what"s life next.

February 3, 2011 at 4:20 pm |
  16. Zach

where there is crisis where the quality of real leader emerges. we thought Obama had the ability take the right decision at the right time .
    Look at Egypt, he doesn't know where to stand .. this indicates the limitation of human being !! Another fact is how can you compare the creator to the creation !! . Jesus Christ is the Creator and he took the right decision to save the sinner at the right time.
    God Bless America !!

February 3, 2011 at 5:06 pm |
  17. Sarah

Hi Ali, a fellow Canadian coming to you from Vancouver. My role model is H.H. Alexandra H., an amazing being who has done and is doing so much good for so many people the world over. She came from Europe where during WW II she was called by the media “The Little Prophet Extraordinaire” because her giving prophetic information as a five-year-old child helped to save thousands of lives in Holland. She is in Canada now and we are lucky to have her here. As I watch events unfold in Egypt, Tunisia, Australia and around the world, they are evidence of her prophecies being fulfilled. Whether it is about political unrest, floods, earthquakes, economic conditions, food shortages, new universes and galaxies, or UFOs of various kinds, she has fearlessly been saying it the way it is for decades. If more people would listen, more lives would be saved and people would go through less hardship. At the same time, I think you would be hard-pressed to find a more passionate, vocal voice for change, peace, harmony and spiritual upliftment on this planet. She leads by example, and I try to put into practise her advice for good thoughts, good words, good deeds, no killing, justice for all, change – to break down barriers of racism, hatred and religious intolerance. I can only hope to hold a candle to what she has accomplished in life and continues to do.

February 3, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
  18. GT_Big hair

Starr DiGiacomo, you are my role model.

Now, can you please ask Gerard to let me back on the Earth Changes and the Pole Shift ning?

I don't know exactly what I did, but I was suspended. They have not told me why. Just a misunderstanding, I'm sure.

Thanks, gt

February 3, 2011 at 5:54 pm |
  19. Gordon James Gianninoto

I would like to say myself for teaching myself telepathy and contacting Extraterrestrial humans and learning the future, while not pursuing money and control of other people although I certainly could have, being that I graduated at the top of my class in high school, college and law school. Or I could say my role model is my wife who supported me at every step of the way, all the time others asked why I did not get a job and be normal like everyone else. But, I have to nominate Nancy Diane Lieder, who has warned the world of what is to come with pole shift followed by open contact with ETs and moving to a higher dimension. This woman has telepathically asked questions to the human Zetas from the public and posted all 39,000 webpages of answers to the internet for free. And I nominate her because in 2006 I found out she was saying what I was saying. God Bless her.

February 19, 2011 at 3:30 pm |
  20. Sandra Cormack

My role model is Nancy Lieder for the same reasons cited by Starr DiGiacomo. She is a courageous human being.

February 19, 2011 at 9:22 pm |
  21. paul

This comment goes out to STARR Nancy Lieder is an insane woman who will rot in hell. All those poor fools on the zetatalk website who give up their lives and listen to this kook will wake up when nothing happens in 2012

February 20, 2011 at 8:30 am |
  22. Zach

Excellent Paul ! You don't need find any other way to hell Just follow her path !! I mean Nancy.
    If all Bible prophesy's are accurate about the first coming of Jesus, so the second coming.

February 23, 2011 at 7:48 pm |
  23. Zach

Ali, I have suggestion about the next poll.
    "Who is Role modal Obama or Prophet Muhammad!"
    good luck !!