Today on CNN Newsroom

February 18th, 2011

BIG I: IBM's Watson...call him "Doctor"

Click here to see the live segment on CNN.

Click here to check out IBM Watson's website

Click here to link up with IBM Watson on Facebook.

Click here to check out IBM Watson on Twitter.

Filed under: Ali Velshi • Anchors • Don Lemon • The Big I
  1. JOEL

Is Watson the start of the "TERMINATOR" movies? Could the "smart" pc think for itself and then learn to protect itself?

February 18, 2011 at 1:56 pm |
  2. Thomas Ward

IBM's demonstration of their incredible innovations in artificial intelligence in Watson is truly remarkable. But the initial application in medical care - even if used only for synthesizing vast volumes of information - opens up significant liability complications. Where, for example, will responsibility ultimately lie? If a physician undertakes a procedure based on faulty synthesis of information, is it the physician's fault, or is it Watson's? Not impossible to figure out, but it will certainly be a new dynamic to deal with.

February 18, 2011 at 2:03 pm |
  3. Terry Steenrod

While it appears that Dr. Watson is programed and dedicated to serve the medical field, I'd like to know when we'll get a US President Watson or a Congressional Watson. The thought may be scary, but I think, no more than our countries current prognosis.

February 18, 2011 at 2:10 pm |
  4. deni

The IBM claim to fame was the punch system they made for the nazi's... there was a number system in killing the jews and CNN forgot to mention it in there report?

February 24, 2011 at 1:53 pm |
  5. Norbert Averbeck

January 28, 2021 at 10:30 pm |
  6. Michael Ceglinski

I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You've made my day! Thx again

March 4, 2021 at 10:13 am |
  7. delta 8 products

I truly appreciate this post.Really thank you! Keep writing.

June 29, 2021 at 11:45 pm |