Today on CNN Newsroom

March 24th, 2011

BIG I: Exoskeleton Arm Uses Zero Gravity

Click here to check out the Zero-G arm on the Equipois website.

Click here to read the CNNMoney.com article on the Zer0-G arm.

Click here to follow Equipois on Twitter.

Click here to check out Equpois on Facebook.

Filed under: Ali Velshi • Anchors • The Big I
  1. dian

Are you kidding? Zero-G arm? Is this another government funded effort to make people more useless?
    Comeon CNN, don't wast your time and my time.

March 24, 2011 at 2:05 pm |
  2. Donald

This looks like the stupidest thing in the world. It looks clunky and businesses could make these in there basement with cheaper parts.

March 24, 2011 at 2:13 pm |
  3. Ty

Interesting article! I wonder if it would have any applications for a stroke victim to aid in mobility?

March 24, 2011 at 3:23 pm |
  4. Tony

Donald can you please make me one of these things? Do you have a big basement? I would be interested in ordering one from your basement machine shop... What do you think the pricing would be like? $25 $35??? I'm on a tight budget so anything under $40 would be perfect. Thanks man, please post your phone number so I can contact you directly!

March 24, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
  5. Sandi Harrington

Thank you Equipois for creating devices that assist people that need to keep their arms lifted for extended periods of time to do their jobs. Thankfully for the people that have commented above, they've not suffered for long periods of time on a job, nor are they surgeons or dentists, nor have they had a disease that has robbed them of their strength to hold up a book.
    With my disease, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, I am not able to hold up a book to read, even while lying on my side! Yet, being bedridden, it would be wonderful to be able to read a book, as I've not yet found a device to otherwise hold a book at the right angle and proximity. The thought has brought me to tears of joy! Thank you for your device.
    I wonder if your suit would help me sit or stand longer. Thank you Ali Velshi, Randi Kaye, Chad Meyers, and CNN for informing us about this wonderful new invention.

March 24, 2011 at 6:42 pm |
  6. Scott

Seems like this has a promising application for those who have failing strength in their arms but continue to have good functional use of their hands such as children with muscular dystrophy or individuals with multiple sclerosis

March 25, 2011 at 1:00 am |
  7. James

This technology has so many great applications to help people with disabilities or those who are recovering from or rehabilitating an injury. Clearly this technology will also help prevent injuries from occurring in industry.
    There is another benefit to this technology.
    The speed or force a tool can generate is often directly related to its size and therefore weight. Zero G may allow people to handle a 20 or 25 lb tool with the ease that they handle a pencil. That could have huge implications on speed of production and quality – imagine speeding up assembly tasks by 10 or 15 percent or cutting a grinding/polishing task time in half. That has real value on the shop floor and real money for businesses.

March 25, 2011 at 9:48 pm |
  8. Janita Cabell

It¡¦s really a great and useful piece of information. I¡¦m satisfied that you shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

January 12, 2021 at 2:23 am |
  9. Kenneth Rachlin

Hi, check this product that can help to take care of your hair: https://bit.ly/3gJqhQH

June 20, 2021 at 7:59 am |