Today on CNN Newsroom

May 2nd, 2011
  1. J. P.

Possible that Pakistan do not want their complete involvement in the operation conducted by the US to get Bin Laden revealed to the world
    due to fear of reprisals from Al Qaeda. It is no secret that Al Qaeda have conducted bombings and other terrorist activities that continue to kill people in Pakistan. Maybe?

May 2, 2011 at 3:48 pm |
  2. Cindy Wertz

What about the 3,000 people who died on 9/11? What kind of proper burial did they get? Most did not even have remains left to bury.

May 2, 2011 at 3:57 pm |
  3. Gabrielle Sim

I'm only 15 and I heard the news this morning. When I heard the news about Osamas death, I cried. Not for him, but for our country. I cried for the whole he has left in our hearts and the mark he left of history’s darkest day. Not only that, but I worry. I worry that even though we have satisfaction and joy over killing this man who has done everything to deserve it, I feel we have the wrath of his followers waiting in wake. What if we have just caused the greatest terrorist attack to come?

May 2, 2011 at 11:02 pm |
  4. Mikael Sidenius

Good that they finally got Osama Bin Laden, but I still feel ambivalent to celebrate another human beings death.

May 3, 2011 at 5:55 am |
  5. M. Laird

Kyra Phillips' program is on right now and she has mentioned an upcoming discussion of the issue of celebrating someone's death. I do not believe in celebrating a person's death, but felt compelled to write to remind Kyra and others of the jubilant celebrations in several middle eastern countries following the 9-11 atrocities. I do not believe either celebration is appropriate, but am more easily able to understand celebrating the death of a person who masterminded the slaughter of thousands of innocents over the years that I am able to comprehend mass celebration of the death of those thousands.

May 3, 2011 at 10:28 am |
  6. Collin Hall

Why kill him!! You just made him stronger. You can never kill a man thats willing to die. This governmnt has just put more hate on this country.

May 3, 2011 at 2:12 pm |
  7. Ray

Dear CNN, Iam very proud and happy that a terriost has been put out of commishion!He was evil and heartless!I do wish the President Obama would show the pictures!I don't see anything wrong with this!The media showed Sept.01,2001 and people hanging out windows and jumping from them !It was ok to show that but not Bin Laden getting killed!Whats wrong with the media?

May 3, 2011 at 3:22 pm |
  8. sheryl

There seriously not releasing the photos? im sorry but that is stupid. I prayed it was true that Bin Laden was killed... but now i DONT believe it. Now i think he is still alive. Its a government cover up! It was printed in the papers before DNA tests came back and of coarse they are going to say the DNA was a match because they dont want to look incompetant. But now im thinking that the DNA was NOT a match and thats why they arent relasing the photos... they messed up and they dont want the world to know how dumb they are. Untill i see the Pictures i wont believe hes dead. The goverment has SHOWN us no proof at all that he is. You can say DNA matches but we didnt see you take the sample from the body and we didnt see the results with our own eyes so honestly saying a DNA test was done can also be a huge giant lie. Everyone is saying Obama might be elected for another tern but hes shown no proof so hes NOT getting my vote.

May 4, 2011 at 1:46 pm |
  9. David D. Cutting

It has concerned me for a very long time that the Media in general and CNN in particular in reporting the news seem oblivious to the fact that the bad guys also watch CNN and other news sources. It makes no sense to me to have information about how secret missions were conducted, the methods used and the people involved published on prime time used so that the enemy can be alerted.
    We do this all the time. Is it not obvious that terrorists also watch television and read newspapers?

May 6, 2011 at 9:30 am |
  10. Paul Foltz

Did we run out of other news? Let's move on. People are tired of hearing about OBL.

May 6, 2011 at 10:31 am |
  11. Joseph Dimattia

Hello.We should use this time to inspect the rail systems better.While we are checking for terorist activity.Keeping it safe in two ways at once.Two birds with one stone.Thanks.

May 6, 2011 at 3:15 pm |
  12. mike

I don't think it innapropriate to celebrate a victory large or small against terrorism. None of us can imagine what the people who died on 911 endured. most of the victims had plenty of time to suffer great emotional distress, pain, and heartache knowing that they were likely going to die and helpless to do anything about it. I consider it more of a celebration against evil than a celebration of the death of a human. Anyone who would plan and carry out attacks against innocent civilians is a long way from human in my mind. Perhaps taking a firmer stance on entry into the country is in order. At the risk of sounding racist the U.S. is fully aware of who causes most of the trouble so put your foot down hard and close your borders to these people.

May 7, 2011 at 4:02 am |
  13. J. Moore

Would it be a good idea to televise, again the film clips of Bin Laden
    declaring war on the US.