Today on CNN Newsroom

May 31st, 2011
  1. Bill

My brother died of brain cancer in 2000. The hospital asked if he used a cell phone and I told them that he has been using cell phones since they came out, but it's not the cause, is what I was told. There is no history of brain cancer in my family and never was.

May 31, 2011 at 7:48 pm |
  2. Robert Kowal

My 27 year old step daughter had brain surgery to last Friday remove a cancerous glioma tumor. She has been a heavy cell phone user for years. I do believe there is link with her getting this rare type of cancer and cell phone use.

June 1, 2011 at 9:14 am |
  3. Todd

I was an NYNEX Mobile Communications Cellular Technician from 6/93 to 6/95. In the box the Audiovox 3-Watt Cell phone came in there was a piece of paper we were told to remove before any customer got the box. Even if they were installing it on their own.
    The paper read:
    DO NOT OPERATE THIS CELLULAR PHONE WITHIN 3 FEET OF YOUR HEAD.
    That was ridiculous because one configuration this phone was available in was a bag phone.
    I have worked with electronics alot inmy life. my belief is not the electricity that is being transmitted that is the problem but rather the frequency being used. The higher the frequency the more damage it causes.
    I have been saying this to everyone that will listen to me since I was a cellular tech.
    I also have been an Engineer for the 45th Space Wing to add some credibility to what I say.
    The higher the frequency the more damage will occur. When the phones transmit at 13gigs be prepared to see alot of Luekemia.
    Also it is not the receiving that causes the damage but the transmission of the cellular signal. A cell phone is a "transceiver" which means it transmits and receives. Cell phones transmit even when turned on but not what most people believe "in use".
    I havehad my own policy of not carrying a cell phone on my body for more than 15 minutes at a time since 1993.
    When I was a cellular technician we installed these phones in vehicles. We usually put the transceiver in the trunk. When we had alot of customers we put the "transceiver" under the drivers seat to save time and materials. Also the antenna was installed in the center of the roof we ran the antenna line over the drivers head and down the car cornerpost.
    This also was a no-no.
    There is more and if interested contact me

June 1, 2011 at 9:46 am |
  4. Dee in New Paris OHIO

Judging by some of the morons I see yakking on their cell phones while driving down the highway I doubt if a little radiation to the brain would make muchdifference to them! Might even help.

And those who are smart enough to stop living their entire lives on a cell phone will not be subjected to enough radiation to hurt thm!

June 2, 2011 at 11:48 am |
  5. McNewsLover

I always knew they were causing Cancer, its been leaked for years by whistle blowers. From day one, people have been saying studies showed they could cause brain Cancers. And the instructions tell you in fine print, not to hold the phone near your head. They have known all along that they were a hazard. But people have made billions havent they. Even if cell phones get banned tomorrow, because the media is FINALLY waking up. They still made billions.

Towing the corporate line is why this has gone on this long... sad.

You couldnt pay me to own a cell phone.

June 2, 2011 at 3:57 pm |
  6. EJ Montoose

My, but the lunacy here is off the chart. You folks don't have to worry about a thing – your tin foil hats will protect you!

June 3, 2011 at 12:13 pm |
  7. tamin liola

what are the regulations made by this organization for the protecting of our healt against chemivals wastes

March 28, 2012 at 11:34 am |