Today on CNN Newsroom

June 29th, 2011

Casey Anthony's dad cries, gets angry during defense grilling

George Anthony is accused of profiting from the case of his two-year-old granddaughter's death after claiming that the defense is spinning his statements. Criminal Defense Attorney Holly Hughes joins Suzanne Malveaux in the CNN Newsroom.

Post by:
Filed under: Suzanne Malveaux
  1. amc513

I know that there are many people on the jury that most likely have children and probably feel bad for Casey about what has happened to her daughter, but I know that EVERY person on that jury has parents & they see how she just sits there while BOTH of her parents have now COMPLETELY broken down on the stand, KNOWING that she is the reason why they are hurt and have been for the past 3 years. I just pray that she one day has to feel the way Caylee did on her last day. However, I don't believe they will see each other again one day, because I definitely don't believe they will be in the same place when this is all over with...

June 29, 2011 at 2:08 pm |
  2. Clair

Will the prosecution be able to use Casey's prison phone conversation with her parents in which she stated, "Dad, you have been the best Dad a girl could ever have."?

June 29, 2011 at 2:18 pm |
  3. Janet

I think Georges testimony today showed a real side of him.And Caseys stoned face non expression to her fathers being upset shows what kind of a person she really is. the little heffer seemed to be mad that her dad wasnt up there saying things to help her defense. I dont think casey even has a heart or soul. Sorry for expressing itthis way. janet in Indiana.

June 29, 2011 at 4:26 pm |
  4. Joyce

Why is Casey crying during the grief counseler, because she identifies with her, because she is grieving, and this is probably the first time since this all started, that she is actually being givin grief counceling, Be it, a specialist on the stand right now, someone who is explaining her behavior to her, which possibly she didn't even understand. She has been alone in a cell for a very long time, plenty of time to contemplate her behaviour, others behaviours. Maybe this is something Casey has needed for three years. Once you are abused, your life is no longer your own, life as it should have been, is no longer anymore. Whether you are six or eight, or fourteen, you no longer are going to have ANY semblence of a normal life. You become an actor and maybe have to do this for the rest of your life. Thnk about that. I am sure that if you are able to rationalize what is going on in your life, do you continue the lie, or accept that if you talk, you will lose everyone in your life, your family, your friends, your kids, your everything. Hell no, you live a lie, never be the person that God meant you to be. But what is the ole saying, life goes on. I am sorry, but something in my gut tells me that not only was Caylee a victom, but so is Casey and all the people in her life, for they turned their heads. I do not want her to get the death penalty. There is not excuse in the world for the premature death of a child, ever. Unless it was out of your control at the time.

June 29, 2011 at 4:49 pm |
  5. pat

if i was the defence in the Casey Anthony case i would watch your show ,you have been giving a lot of good ideas that the defence hasnt even brought up,
    i think Jose Bias is so sleasy ,and has no business trying such a case

June 29, 2011 at 6:32 pm |
  6. Darrell Williams

In my opinion Casy Anthoneys defence finished off any consevable ability to save her. She sat with a look of comtimp on her face as her father cried in court. Bias is and has been clearly out of his leag. He should have never took on this murder case and made opening statements he made. This young miss Casy is going to get exactly what is comming to her and that is death or life in prison with out the possiability of parole. Today was the finial straw, Bias was tring to make a name for himself and now he will be lucky if he is ever allowed to practice law again. He must have gotten his degree out of a box of cracker jacks.

June 29, 2011 at 7:59 pm |
  7. Lue34

Just a heads up that Zanax is also known on the streets as "ZANNY" .

July 1, 2011 at 1:46 pm |
  8. Donna B

When George Anthony was asked about his wanting to commit suicide. He responded "I wanted to be Caylee, I failed her". I am just curious as to why he wasn't asked why he felt he failed her. I thought this was a very strong clue in this case. Theory is that he feels he had failed her because all along he questioned Casey's love for the child, her parenting skills and knew she was a psycopath. I think he feels he failed Caylee becuase he never sought help for Casey and probably feels that if he had, this never would have happened. I think he knew all along his daughter was guilty. Regardless a little girl is dead, a grandfather is heartbroken and his daughter will be proven guilty as charged. My heart goes out to that man. Just such a sad sad situation.

July 1, 2011 at 7:06 pm |
  9. Becki schwarz

As I remeber there was a business card showing Cassey and her boyfriend on the front and the words at the top of the card said 'Win her over with cloriform. Has anyone seen this item? why was this not used in court?

July 1, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  10. Irma

Hello, Ok as i was looking at the casey case the home video who is the lady in the pink pants at their home. she looks like a nurse or a baby sitter her back was showing but not her face. Why is not on the stand.

July 3, 2011 at 8:41 am |
  11. Irma

Hey they all lied....

July 3, 2011 at 8:43 am |
  12. Fernanda

She should not get a penny, why would any one paid her for lying? Do you think if she wrote a book or gave an invteeirw she would tell How Caylee died, and how and why her little body was put in the swamp with duct tape, and that would be the only thing I would like to know.

August 29, 2012 at 2:34 am |