Today on CNN Newsroom

August 12th, 2011

CNN's Don Lemon and others pushed and elbowed by Michele Bachmann's husband and staff

Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann kept a crowd of hundreds waiting for thirty minutes on Friday at the Iowa State Fair. While other GOP candidates spoke for twenty minutes or more during their scheduled appearances at a forum called ‘the soapbox’ at the fair, Bachmann arrived thirty minutes late, surrounded by a phalanx of security and staff members and only spoke for about three minutes. Upon leaving, she refused to answer reporters’ questions, including those posed by CNN's Don Lemon. The video which aired on CNN's Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer shows Lemon and others being swept away in the media scrum. Lemon explained what happened to CNN's Wolf Blitzer.

When asked for a response, Bachmann Press Secretary Alice Stewart told CNN, “Our number one priority is the safety and protection of Michele Bachmann. It was just too crowded. We were just trying to get her out in order for her to go to other events at the fair and that’s what we were doing.”

See the raw video of the incident below:

Read more about the incident here.

Filed under: CNN Newsroom • Don Lemon
  1. Frank Thompson

Nothing in the video supports Dom Lemon. Actually it looks like Michele Bachmann was the one being pushed.

August 12, 2011 at 11:23 pm |
  2. Bill Michael

Don, sorry you are having to put up with such dis-respect. Arrogance and Bigotry are the reasons the Republicans will lose in 2012.

August 14, 2011 at 3:34 am |
  3. john

Don Lemon you sound like a little wussy. "I hit my head". Maybe you should stay in the news room instead of in the field. First off, you and others would not yield any space for Michelle to walk through. There were mobs of people around and in todays world I don't blame her for having the type of security around her as she did. Even if she were to stop how would she have been able address questions from individuals like you and your other newsday competitors in that mob like atmosphere.

August 15, 2011 at 5:03 pm |
  4. froleprotrem

Thanks , I have just been looking for information about this subject for ages and yours is the best I have discovered so far. But, what about the conclusion? Are you sure about the source?

February 6, 2021 at 12:58 pm |
  5. zortilonrel

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.

February 7, 2021 at 8:59 am |
  6. https://europa-road.eu/

It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd without a doubt donate to this excellent blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to new updates and will share this site with my Facebook group. Chat soon!

February 9, 2021 at 3:20 am |
  7. House Clearance Barry

I've been browsing on-line greater than 3 hours today, yet I by no means discovered any interesting article like yours. It is beautiful price sufficient for me. In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made good content material as you probably did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.

February 9, 2021 at 8:22 am |
  8. vreyro linomit

I have not checked in here for a while as I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are good quality so I guess I will add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂

February 26, 2021 at 3:52 am |
  9. gcwin99

If some one desires expert view concerning running a blog then i propose him/her to pay a quick visit this website,
    Keep up the pleasant job.

April 2, 2021 at 6:56 am |
  10. stornobrzinol

I like this web site its a master peace ! Glad I noticed this on google .

May 14, 2021 at 9:53 pm |