Today on CNN Newsroom

July 5th, 2012

Congressman Slams War Hero

CNN's Asleigh Banfield spars with Rep. Joe Walsh over comments he made about his campaign opponent and her military service. LT. Col. Tammy Duckworth, a decorated Blackhawk helicopter pilot, calls Walsh an "extremist loudmouth".

Post by:
Filed under: Brooke Baldwin
  1. leizaduckworth

Oh No,he didn't! What has become of the right,when they've lost all sense of right and wrong? How can you defend those who would give their life,if they keep the attitude that,"The Cat Committed Suicide!"And to boot,I defend my country men's honor,and take um bridge to those who would insults,demean,diminish,and try to under mind our country.One American at a time,and they started with two of my cousins.Both Tammy,and Barack are,and when you attack them, you will be attacking everything I fight,and live for! "This ain't what you wont!" Family don't run!

July 5, 2012 at 6:42 pm |
  2. jackmleonard

Give Ashleigh a primetime show ASAP.

July 5, 2012 at 7:08 pm |
  3. amvettoo

Well, what a mess this was. Ashleigh should be removed from the front immediately as she obviously is not capable of leaving her personal feelings, emotions and political ideology out of her work. If I were Rep. Walsh I would have told her to shut up (using those words) and either talk about the issue or we could call it a day. And to you jackmleonard, it is apparent that you are a Dronacrat as well so maybe you can join Ashleigh when she returns to her homeland of Canada because that is where she belongs. And no, I am not a Republican, I am a true American, a veteran of 24 years of military service with combat experience in EVERY conflict we have been involved in from 1982 to 2006. I am a decorated Vet and I know what the concept of sacrifice is. We don't need to run around "pandering" our experiences to the public to gain support or sympathy and that is exactly what Tammy Duckworth is doing. It is unfortunate that she received the injuries that she did but I have seen many people in this, or worse, situations. NONE of them run around using it a crutch. We always ask that we be judged and supported based on our accomplishments, not our disabilities. Just another example of the pathetic liberal media (and CNN is the master) doing their part to turn our once great Nation into the sniveling, entitlement dependent, welfare Nation that we are. The Dronocrat party should be banned from existence and forever tied to the Communist Party as they are one and the same. Have a nice day!

July 5, 2012 at 10:40 pm |
  4. Bob

This is an excellent interview. This is what CNN needs.

July 6, 2012 at 3:08 am |
  5. Brehon

This man is a disgrace. Besides being a "dead beat dad" who owed over $100,000 in child support arrears, he has the nerve tp go out in public and attack President Obama for his supposed lack of concern for children, the "future of our country."

Try paying for your own kids, Congressman, before you start your hypocritical lecturing. Same with your kooky comments about a decorated veteran.

Archaeologists make new discovery: Republican symbol is not an elephant. It is in fact a Two Faced Hypocritamus.
    It points one way and heads the other. It relies on stealth and deception and it talks out of both sides of its mouth at the same time.

100% Pure Republican Hypocrisy (TM)
    "...and there's more where that came from!"
    certified "Truthy" by the False News Network

July 6, 2012 at 10:08 am |
  6. JC

No, what he said, and it is clear to anyone that wants to actually listen to His words rather than the words of those who pick and choose parts of it, interpret for him what he actually "means" and then think for him, is that, in his experience, "real" heroes are not those who go around leveraging their heroism for personal or political gain.

He is a dope for even saying anything like that because, 1st amendment aside, we really don't have freedom of speech because, like lawyers, the facts don't matter, what matters is what you can convince others that the facts are.

Listen, if you are in this guys district, and I am not, and you don't like what he says, don't vote for him but don't twist what he says to move your own agenda forward.

Like Sarah Palin....she never said she could see Russia from her backyard....that was Tina Fey, she said you could see Russia from parts of Alaska, which is true......how anyone can have any idea what any candidate stands for is a mystery to me. In fact, I doubt anyone can......

July 6, 2012 at 11:35 am |
  7. Liz

First, I was awfully tired of Walsh saying "Ashleigh". I wish he had been reasonably professional and let the interview get to more factual questions and answers. I used to teach Communication skills, and a key to effective communication is LISTENING. Maybe Joe should take a class on Active Listening.
    Second, I just sent a significant donation to Tammy. I pray we don't get such a person as Walsh elected to Congress or yet again we will go nearer the precipice without getting useful things done.

July 6, 2012 at 1:20 pm |
  8. yearight

Is this a lover quarrel? Its like my kidds arguing but there 5 & 6. Sad truth is Ashliegh will probly get a bump @ work for this when really she AND Crazy Joe should be embarassed.

July 6, 2012 at 5:48 pm |
  9. Joe G

JC, the reason that people made fun of Palin's comments about seeing Russia from parts of Alaska was NOT because Tina Fey changed it to her house on SNL. What people found ridiculous was the fact that she answered a question about "foriegn policy experience" by saying you could see Russia from parts of Alaska. It made no difference if it was from her "house" or from some ther part of Alaska, either way it was a ridiculously STUPID thing to claim that gave one "experience" in foreign policy. I can see the moon from my house, does that give me "experience" as an astronaut?

July 12, 2012 at 6:38 pm |