Today on CNN Newsroom

January 24th, 2013

Rep. Gabbard: "Women will exceed combat standards"

CNN's Don Lemon talks to Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard about the Pentagon's policy of allowing women to serve in combat units. Gabbard calls the policy decision "a significant moment in history."

Post by:
Filed under: Brooke Baldwin
  1. John Tyler Erie, Pa

I am pleased to see that the US military has entered the 21st century with this decision. I do hope that if there ever comes a time to bring back the draft that women will have to sign up also.

January 25, 2013 at 8:24 am |
  2. Melody

I would just like to comment on this story because I am a female in the Army. I am a 'Combat Medic' and I have deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. My deployment to Afghanistan, I was with the Military Police. There were several females who including myself went on EVERY mission (outside of the wire). I have treated Soldiers who have been injured in the fight and I was able to do my job with no problems (mental or physical). I was also on a Female Engagement Team which contributed much to the mission. So this thing about females not being allowed to be on the front lines until now, is not true at all and for those saying we are not capable, I have outdone some of the males, so maybe you shouldn't be so judgemental from the outside looking in. I get it, not all females could do it, but neither can all the males.

January 26, 2013 at 7:33 pm |
  3. ตู้แปลภาษา

397874 256539No far more s . All posts of this qaulity from now on 965625

January 3, 2021 at 7:34 am |
  4. làm gì khi người yêu cũ muốn quay lại

108365 958770I dont normally have a look at these types of websites (Im a pretty modest person) – but even though I was a bit shocked as I was reading, I was undoubtedly a bit excited as well. Thanks for producing my day 566549

January 5, 2021 at 10:38 pm |
  5. mơ thấy thầy bói

890626 370011Pay a visit to our website for info about securities based lending and a lot more. There is information about stock and equity loans as properly as application forms. 68911

January 5, 2021 at 11:53 pm |
  6. Digital transformation

444762 933823hello I was really impressed with the setup you used with this weblog. I use blogs my self so congrats. definatly adding to favorites. 302325

January 15, 2021 at 10:40 pm |
  7. Unicc

173473 269002Perfectly written topic material , thanks for selective details . 483408

January 29, 2021 at 11:17 pm |
  8. drinking game

341265 964679Its wonderful what supplementing can do for your body and your weight lifting goals! 627625

February 19, 2021 at 4:26 pm |
  9. diamond painting

336133 562292Hey this really is kinda of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or should you need to manually code with HTML. Im starting a weblog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any aid would be greatly appreciated! 933413

April 7, 2021 at 7:52 pm |
  10. Reyes Gregson

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

May 11, 2021 at 2:10 pm |
  11. Lauretta Talaska

This was great! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

May 12, 2021 at 6:43 am |