CNN's Carol Costello talks with Aaron Jackson, co-founder of Planting Peace, about his "Rainbow House" in Topeka, KS.
God hates gays anyway. Romans 1:24-27. Shame on this loser who showed his foolishness.
I have a few comments to make on this issue:
1. I am also a Baptist and a firm believer in the Word of God. God holds all authority and we should strive to live for Him and according to His Words that are given to us in the Holy Bible. That being said...
2. "And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him". 1 John 4.16. Those that are proclaiming that "God Hates" should seriously consider what they are saying. God is NOT CAPABLE of hating. This is sending a message of God's character that is not true...and it definitely does not bring others to Him. We, as Christians are to be Christ-like. Christ is LOVE, not hate.
3. "The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me." – Psalms 7:8, KJV
4. In Matthew 5:44, Jesus tells us: "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"
5. Yes, homosexuality is wrong and it is a sin. We are to spread the truth about God and pray for those who are living in sin. Praying for those who are living the lifestyle of homosexuality is what loving Christians should do. We are not to judge them ourselves- that is God's job. Remember, we are all sinners and should ask forgiveness for our sins, also.
6. I do have a comment for those in the homosexual community that use the symbol of the "rainbow". That symbol was given to Christians a long time ago...and I refuse to acknowledge it as a symbol of homosexuality. The TRUE meaning of the rainbow is as follows: Genesis 9:11-17, " And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.
7. So, I think that the members of the church should look at this house across the street and see the rainbow...a symbol of God's covenant; not as a symbol for "gay pride". They could even use it to their advantage: Place the verses from Genesis on their church sign so that it will compliment the "rainbow" house!
Click here to access transcripts from recent shows.