Today on CNN Newsroom

May 10th, 2013

Friend: ‘Gina has returned a woman’

CNN’s Brooke Baldwin talks to journalist Lydia Esparra, who had the chance to speak with Cleveland kidnapping victim Gina DeJesus and her family.

Filed under: Brooke Baldwin
  1. Pam Indo

My 3 sisters were held captive in a case that was similar to the 3 kidnapped women in Cleveland. my older sister, ran away after 3 years of captivity, while my younger sister, Karen, and I were held captive for 5 years. Our high school teacher, Mrs. Yarbrough , helped karen and me escape om the night of my high school graduation, in May 1968. Before his own death, Mr. Yarbrough told me that Mrs. yarbrough (his then deceased wife, had helped others of her students, in similar situations, escape. Mr. Yarbrough was the town pharmacist there in Denton, Texas. After a 45 year of silence, i want to tell Mrs. Yarbrough's story of courage and heroism in helping Karen and me so many years ago (not to mention the other students that she helped. i was going to speak out at our high school reunion on June 7th, 8th, and 9th. i received an email about 4 days ago telling me that I would be prohibited from speaking publicly about Mrs. Yarbrough at the graduation ceremony. The email came from the members of the graduation committee.

May 11, 2013 at 12:25 pm |
  2. Sue Rosenorn

During the interview, there are all these huge escavating trucks driving up behind them. Yet neither of these women even notice or address this! Why?

May 18, 2013 at 12:44 am |
  3. FrankD

@Pam Indo : I'm sorry, if what you said is true. BUT, you chose to remain silent all of these years, so both parties are now deceased and cannot confirm your story, At best your story is tragic and at worse is is slanderous venting. Listing names and hometowns of people that cannot defend themselves does nothing but shame kids and grandkids. This family still owns a business in town, so be cautious about spouting unsubstantiated accusations that may be damaging to the family and actionable against you.

June 3, 2013 at 10:58 pm |
  4. personal training Long Island

Gina I truly wish you the best. Keep fighting the fight!

January 20, 2014 at 4:13 pm |
  5. Chauncey Emme

Local Law 196 is a NYC DOB law that requires workers and supervisors at most NYC construction sites to obtain a SST card by completing specific courses through a NYC DOB approved training provider. Able Safety offers multiple packages to complete this training at great low prices. All our SST classes can be completed entirely online from any device (phone, tablet, pc/mac). The NYC DOB’s SST compliance deadline was originally set for September 1st 2020. The deadline has since been extended to March 1st 2021. By this date you will need the following to be allowed to work on most construction sites in NYC.

January 17, 2021 at 7:41 pm |
  6. DevOps Solutions

823794 303745An fascinating discussion might be worth comment. I believe you need to write on this subject, it may well undoubtedly be a taboo subject but typically people are not enough to dicuss on such topics. To a higher. Cheers 187762

February 13, 2021 at 3:58 pm |