Today on CNN Newsroom

June 19th, 2013

FBI admits to using drones to watch Americans

CNN's Brooke Baldwin talks to former CIA Officer Mike Baker about the FBI admitting to the use of surveillance drones in the United States.

Post by:
Filed under: Brooke Baldwin
  1. Daniel Holt

I'm not really to concerned, as, I doubt there spying on people that are not threat, as were in a whole new age were Homegrown Terrorist are popping up

June 20, 2013 at 4:58 am |
  2. John Tyler Erie, Pa

Since the 9/11 attack on the US my opinion has changed. We went to war in Iraq & Afghanistan so we could fight terrorists there so we wouldn't have to fight them here. Now they are amongst us as shown recently in Boston. So I favor the use of drones here since we really don't know who lives in our own neighborhoods. I feel it is better to be safe than sorry. I have nothing to hide and would rather have our government watching than have some foreign mini-drone watching me.

June 20, 2013 at 8:42 am |
  3. Jeff schukow

This is a unconstitutional overreach and will produce nothing without staging another event. Those of you who think this is ok, enjoy your stay at the FEMA extermination camps. Oh yes, some are outfitted with huge gas fired incinerators. This planned destruction of our constitution and bill of rights will leave your children and grand children slaves to the corporate police state just as we are seeing in china now.

June 20, 2013 at 5:06 pm |
  4. bandaloopdeloop

John, you probably think of yourself as a law-abiding citizen, and heck, let's say that you are – completely and utterly, not even driving past the speed limit. But what happens when the legislators hand down a law you don't consent to and you protest it? You may become, in the eyes of the government, a 'terrorist.' You may live to wish that you had stood up for your privacy rights.

June 20, 2013 at 6:00 pm |
  5. redirected here

I have observed that in old digital cameras, special sensors help to target automatically. Those sensors regarding some cameras change in in the area of contrast, while others start using a beam involving infra-red (IR) light, specifically in low lighting. Higher spec cameras sometimes use a blend of both techniques and may have Face Priority AF where the video camera can 'See' any face while focusing only on that. Thanks for sharing your notions on this website.

June 21, 2013 at 10:40 pm |
  6. ElectricLion

In a lot of science fiction stories, even some like Star Trek that don't take place in a dystopian future, there's a lot of implied, if not overt, surveillance going on. The voice-activated household computer or robot servant that can see when you have company over, or notify a mother that the kids in the next room are making a mess, that greets you by name when you enter the home, notifies the grocery store that you're low on eggs, tells you that it's preparing your favorite foods for supper, and so on. It's never stated outright, but these artificial intelligences have to be watching their charges 24/7. A robot chef that tailors your caloric intake to keep you trim and healthy has to be in contact with every source of food that you've had access to throughout the day, regardless of where you were. An AI complex enough to act as a babysitter would not only have access to extensive files on human behavior and child development, it would have to be as familiar with the child as a parent in order to know when that child's behavior exceeded the parents' instructions.
    I love these stories, and the societies created by them. So the idea of an AI of some description being aware of my actions doesn't bother me per se. The problem with agencies like the CIA, FBI, or NSA watching me is that history keeps demonstrating that they are more dishonest and break more laws on a casual basis in a short time than I've done in decades.

July 10, 2013 at 9:09 am |
  7. viscount

Ꭼxcellent blog here! Additionally your website lots up very fast!
    What ѡeb host are you thе use of? Can І get yοur affiliate link for yⲟur host?
    I wish my ԝebsite ⅼoaded up as fast as yours lol

January 22, 2021 at 7:02 pm |
  8. petersen

Toսche. Solid arguments. Keep up the good work.

January 22, 2021 at 9:10 pm |
  9. pilgrim

Hi tһere, I discovered your website by way of Google even as lookіng for a similar subject, your web site got here up, it appеars to be like good.
    I һaѵe booкmarked it in my google bookmarks.

Hello tһere, juѕt become aware of your bloɡ thru Google, and located that
    it is truly infߋrmative. I'm gоnna be cɑrefᥙl for
    brussels. I'll apprecіate when you proceed this
    in future. Many folks might be benefited out of your writing.
    Cheers!

January 22, 2021 at 11:10 pm |
  10. Fredric Mcminn

I like this blog very much, Its a rattling nice office to read and obtain info . "Do pleasant things yourself, but unpleasant things through others." by Baltasar Gracian.

January 28, 2021 at 10:11 pm |
  11. Garnier Thiebaut reduziert

654446 692702Hi, Neat post. Theres a dilemma together with your internet site in internet explorer, would test this IE nonetheless is the market leader and a big portion of folks will miss your wonderful writing because of this issue. 596850

February 23, 2021 at 4:59 am |