Today on CNN Newsroom

June 25th, 2013

Deen's sons: Mom is no racist

CNN's Brooke Baldwin talks with Peter Shankman and Marc Lamont Hill about Paula Deen's use of the "N" word.

Post by:
Filed under: Brooke Baldwin
  1. Pat

I certainly don't approve of the comments Paula Deen made, and I don't watch her program. However, I would like to see the same level of concern when blacks make racist or bigoted remarks. Jamie Foxx made a comment on Saturday Night Live about how great it was that a black man could kill white people in his movie D'Jango Unchained, and there was no comment. A few years ago Chris Rock made a comment on Saturday Night Live on St. Patrick's Day that all Irish people were too drunk to realize that there had been a major storm that day. A couple of years ago a local elected official, who is black, said that he would like to slap a white person across the face – he kept his job and got to run for higher office. I don't care for double standards – racism and bigotry should be deplored regardless of who makes the remark.

June 25, 2013 at 7:29 pm |
  2. Babatundea

Any word that is use to hurt person or a group of people is wrong. But to try and make the word Cracker as having the same meaning as the word Nigger. How many blacks men or women were hung from a tree and that was the last word they heard as they breath there last bit of life, and also a family who was burn to death in their home. I once asked my father as a child 'what did the word cracker mean you called a person that word" he said it meant a white man beating a black man across the head". Many white took pride in calling each other that word because of that meaning. I would even go as far in saying whites have never even experienced the actions of death as I said blacks have experienced with a group of whites standing there with anger in their eyes of hate. The word Cracker will never be the same as Nigger.

June 29, 2013 at 5:39 pm |
  3. daniel

What is the big deal just bleep the word so it is a big mistake everyone says something bad I used oh fudge oh mashpototoes oh applesauce ah meatloaf oh gravy you see I say these when i make a mistake but you all are taking this too far.Too She made a mistake just get a apology from her and move on.

July 1, 2013 at 1:36 pm |
  4. daniel

This is stupid back in the 1930s applesauce was consider bad to say for god's sake we have the freedom of speech now it feels like no one can say what they want to say I know words not to say that is one of them.

July 1, 2013 at 7:24 pm |
  5. joker gaming slot

366903 944982Hey there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects? Thank you! 527488

January 15, 2021 at 7:30 pm |
  6. paito warna

922539 497861I enjoy what you guys are generally up too. This kind of clever function and reporting! Maintain up the really very good works guys Ive added you guys to blogroll. 828028

January 16, 2021 at 11:24 pm |
  7. Magellan Security camera accessories manuals

580988 551524Absolutely nothing greater than Bing obtaining us a great website related to what I was seeking for. 922057

January 19, 2021 at 3:55 am |