Today on CNN Newsroom

August 15th, 2013

Crossfit trainer gunned down in class

Brooke talks to a reporter for the Orlando Sentinel who gives more details about the victim. Listen to find out more about another shooting that targeted him last year.

Post by:
Filed under: Anchors • Brooke Baldwin • CNN Newsroom
  1. boobies69

Isn't crossfit all about training for real life situations? I guess they don't train on how to escape a shooting in a crossfit session. Ironic, isn't it?

August 20, 2013 at 8:26 pm |
  2. does not

angry husband, ex, boyfriend, or girlfriend or a business hit.

August 26, 2013 at 9:57 am |
  3. say what?

Boobies, crossfit is not a martial art or a self-defense method. It's a fitness class, and they also focus on healthy eating. It has nothing to do with learning to escape a shooting or an attacker. So no, not ironic. Not even related. You must be thinking of krav maga or some other kind of self defense course.

August 27, 2013 at 10:15 am |
  4. Rick

Crossfit is like an exercise cult, I'm not surprised that one of the students would begin to act like a cultist.

August 29, 2013 at 1:28 pm |
  5. TylerP

Maybe he was killed for his atrocious front squat technique?!

August 30, 2013 at 1:33 pm |
  6. wb

Another victim who should have been armed himself, but wasn't. And yes, he should have had a gun nearby even in an exercise class. He obviously had enemies and I'm sure he knew it. It's amazing the number of people who leave themselves open to being slaughtered.

August 31, 2013 at 2:04 am |
  7. grinch

I wonder if the cross-fit dude was sleeping with some dude's gf who is in his class. For whatever reason that's the first thing that came to my mind.

August 31, 2013 at 1:51 pm |
  8. Stefan

@wb

With respect, i would not want to carry a gun around. Come on, what kind of answer is that?
    I expect someone to shoot me, so i have to carry a gun. The problem lies with the person who wants to shoot me.
    I hate carrying a gun. I rather try to evade the shooter.

September 4, 2013 at 3:12 am |
  9. CitizenKayKay

Sounds like the guy was caught up in some monkey-business....

September 9, 2013 at 9:19 am |
  10. martay

guess bad form finally did do a cross-fitter in?? seriously, sad to see that happen. insane

September 9, 2013 at 1:46 pm |
  11. Hititquitit

He was messing with the wrong people. Either sexually or monetarily. No sympathy here. Darwin wins even if it takes him a few times. Now if Darwin could just get to the other 6.75 billion moronic idiots taking up space while they lead their ignorant and pointless existences. Then it would be a good start.

September 9, 2013 at 2:27 pm |
  12. Pappy La'Carro

So many people are insensitive; take a moment and imagine if that was you, your brother, or son. No one has the right to take a life. May he rest in Peace, and the shooter be prosecuted to the full extent of the law

September 9, 2013 at 5:20 pm |
  13. JIm

He was about to expose the NSA on something, so the Illuminati targeted him.

September 13, 2013 at 11:49 pm |
  14. Bess

I must express my respect for your kindness for people who really need assistance with this
    one idea. Your real dedication to getting the message along was rather interesting and have without exception empowered others just like me to realize their pursuits.
    Your interesting recommendations signifies this much a person like me and a whole lot more to
    my fellow workers. Regards; from all of us.

Have a look at my web blog ... york sublet apartment

November 28, 2020 at 8:14 am |
  15. Ahmed Kenndy

Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea

January 28, 2021 at 10:11 pm |
  16. DevOps Outsourcing Model

646030 600455Hello! I just now would like to supply a massive thumbs up for any amazing data you can have here within this post. We are coming back to your weblog post for further soon. 77703

February 10, 2021 at 10:15 am |
  17. Arvilla Montalbo

March 4, 2021 at 9:37 am |
  18. Lane Decio

Whats Happening i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It absolutely helpful and it has helped me out loads. I'm hoping to contribute & help different users like its helped me. Great job.

March 6, 2021 at 2:08 pm |
  19. 풀팟포커

567474 954998This write-up gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This really is extremely good one and gives in-depth data. Thanks for this nice post. 265414

April 6, 2021 at 9:53 pm |