Today on CNN Newsroom

September 25th, 2013

What's behind Cruz's all night speech

Senator Cruz's epic performance on the Senate floor: was it a real stand for a policy? Political theater? A fundraising gimmick? CNN Contributor Ben Ferguson and Citizen Jane Politics writer Patricia Murphy tell Brooke Baldwin what they think.

Post by:
Filed under: Brooke Baldwin
  1. R Hudgens

WE THE PEOPLE FIX CONGRESS!!!!! A new balanced approach, we the people should push the below.

Congressional Reform Act of 2013

1. No Tenure / No Pension.
    A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
    All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/14.
    The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so our Congressmen should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
    Maybe it is time.

WE THE PEOPLE FIX CONGRESS!!!!!

September 30, 2013 at 4:38 pm |
  2. how can i sell my house

353109 94263This site is really a walk-through it actually may be the details you wanted concerning this and didnt know who to inquire about. Glimpse here, and you will absolutely discover it. 441461

January 11, 2021 at 11:36 pm |
  3. wigs

212444 859068Some genuinely nice stuff on this internet site , I enjoy it. 186716

January 16, 2021 at 3:27 pm |
  4. Michaele Karpowich

I like this website very much, Its a real nice post to read and receive information. "There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." by Gore Vidal.

January 28, 2021 at 10:02 pm |
  5. https://www.paintingandplowing.com

403051 780546As far as me being a member here, I wasnt aware that I was a member for any days, truly. When the write-up was published I received a notification, so that I could participate within the discussion of the post, That would explain me stumbuling upon this post. But were surely all members in the world of concepts. 12189

February 4, 2021 at 6:51 pm |
  6. Rescue Tow Clifton

953746 946041Wow! This could be one specific of the most helpful blogs Weve ever arrive across on this subject. Basically Superb. Im also an expert in this subject therefore I can understand your effort. 137955

February 14, 2021 at 6:50 pm |
  7. Research

334471 510671When I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a remark is added I get four emails with exactly the same comment. Is there any manner you possibly can take away me from that service? Thanks! 477592

March 27, 2021 at 8:56 am |
  8. coronavirus thailand

571076 398545Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything in this way before. So good to uncover somebody with some original tips on this subject. realy appreciate starting this up. this exceptional site is something that is necessary over the internet, a person if we do originality. valuable work for bringing something new towards the internet! 912694

April 19, 2021 at 4:19 pm |