Today on CNN Newsroom

October 1st, 2013

Rep. promises to furlough self for shutdown

GOP Rep. Jason Smith of Missouri tells Brooke Baldwin he plans to send back his salary during the government shutdown. He also discusses the House Republicans plan to try to fund government functions individually.

Post by:
Filed under: Brooke Baldwin
  1. gilmorelogic

Tell GOP REP. Jason Smith to keep his salary. If he wants to feel the pain of those furloughed, he should refuse to pay his mortgage, no car note, just default on all his bills. Then when he comes to his senses just pay those late fees. He should cease all non-essential spending like buying food refuse all medical care. I will then commend him for not making this laughable gesture.

October 1, 2013 at 7:00 pm |
  2. curious2

there is only one remedy for refusing the democratic process......RE-CALL!......

October 1, 2013 at 10:13 pm |
  3. AG

My only question to GOP leaders and their house speaker is why don't you bring cutting All congress senators pay until a resolution is reached. Why is this not bought on the house floor. Why should u guys get paid for putting American people's lives at risk. Don't just say it, do it.

October 5, 2013 at 5:51 am |
  4. distorted59

I encourage all Americans that on the next elections for congress and senate is to vote them all out of office. quit paying taxes till they get it right for the people.;

October 11, 2013 at 9:36 pm |
  5. Lorina Koteras

There are some interesting points at some point in this post but I do not know if they all center to heart. There exists some validity but I most certainly will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Very good article , thanks so we want a lot more! Added onto FeedBurner likewise

January 12, 2021 at 2:29 am |
  6. Ben Arave

I really like your writing style, excellent info , thanks for putting up : D.

January 24, 2021 at 3:32 pm |
  7. Nickolas Barnum

Thanks for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do some research about this. We got a grab a book from our area library but I think I learned more clear from this post. I am very glad to see such fantastic information being shared freely out there.

January 28, 2021 at 10:28 pm |
  8. KrisYMohabir

I have read numerous posts on the topic of the
    blogger lovers however this article is really a nice piece of writing, make it up.

Also visit my site: KrisYMohabir

February 28, 2021 at 2:51 am |
  9. safe pest control sydney

962222 560741Awesome material you fellas got these. I truly like the theme for the internet site along with how you organized a person who. It is a marvelous job For certain i will come back and take a look at you out sometime. 459596

April 2, 2021 at 6:32 pm |
  10. Plumbing & Electrical Doctor central coast

764978 504330Merely wanna remark that you have a very good web web site , I enjoy the layout it actually stands out. 652307

April 2, 2021 at 6:32 pm |