Today on CNN Newsroom

December 4th, 2013

Trapped Pilot Whales in Florida's Everglade Park

CNN's Brooke Baldwin speaks to  Alistair Dove, Director of Research & Conservation at the Georgia Aquarium regarding the 45 whales that are trapped near Everglades Park.

Post by:
Filed under: Anchors • Brooke Baldwin
  1. megman3

Just swim out toward the gulf they are trying to escape, then go underwater and listen and taste it...there's your answer–no kidding.

December 5, 2013 at 7:55 am |
  2. mike graceffa

Could the bodies of the beached whales be used to lure the pod to deeper water?

December 5, 2013 at 10:16 am |
  3. Rick

What if you take the dead whales out to deeper water might the live family of whales follow?

December 5, 2013 at 11:08 am |
  4. dave

I think some of the other remarks are on target. perhaps whales have to come to the conclusion on their own that the missing family members are, indeed, dead. i know this is an important psyche issue for humans too. . we need closure. so then, perhaps they can smell or sense the presence of important pod members but don't realize they're dead and keep coming back to join them. If any of this supposition is close, then the answer is to gather all the dead ones by either towing them or heli-lifting them to where they can be towed all together out to deeper water. they would then be realeased and the remaining pod would then be able to do what nature has equipped them to do. . .which is interact with the dead ones, "smell" them or otherwise determine they are dead. this then might be the close the pod needs before moving on!
    after all, if one remembers the three trapped in the ice in alaska years ago, there were two adults and one newborn. one would expect that even if the two adults were lifted out of there they would have returned to their offspring. therefore, when the newborn finally died, the adults spent a couple days coming to terms with that before they finally were willing to leave and take care of themselves.

December 5, 2013 at 12:31 pm |
  5. megman3

Towing the dead needs to be done quickly and with electric motors as not to contaminate the trail of odors. A nice slow tow out to waters that do not bring the dead whales back into shore/beach would be best. Elephants, dogs, and yes us humans do the same with our dead bodies of loved ones. Now convince the scientists to try it as they may not believe.

December 5, 2013 at 4:46 pm |
  6. Marhta Levinthal

Thanks for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do a little research about this. We got a grab a book from our area library but I think I learned more clear from this post. I'm very glad to see such magnificent information being shared freely out there.

January 10, 2021 at 11:37 pm |
  7. Charity Wares

I am curious to find out what blog system you are utilizing? I’m having some minor security problems with my latest website and I would like to find something more secure. Do you have any recommendations?

January 12, 2021 at 12:02 am |
  8. Rebecka Amistoso

Only a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw great pattern. "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." by Albert Einstein.

January 21, 2021 at 1:43 am |
  9. Triad Tree Removal Tree Service Bent Creek NC

374412 824422Hi, should you want to get higher rankings, you should take a look at the plugin I left in my link, it will help. 161528

February 14, 2021 at 7:12 pm |
  10. arvest bank

207095 182443thank you dearly author , I found oneself this internet web site very valuable and its full of superb healthy selective info ! , I as nicely thank you for the amazing food strategy post. 652652

March 9, 2021 at 8:22 am |
  11. Best Bathroom Remodel in Atlanta/Click Here

203121 667818There is noticeably a bundle to realize about this. I assume you produced various nice points in features also. 551923

March 31, 2021 at 10:12 pm |
  12. Evie Calzone

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

May 10, 2021 at 3:34 am |
  13. Fernanda Rutz

This was great! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

May 11, 2021 at 7:44 pm |
  14. auto trading

260728 654887Ive writers block that comes and goes and I want to locate a method to get rid of my writers block. It can occasionally be so bad I can barley make sentences. Any tips? 146219

May 19, 2021 at 9:05 am |
  15. Urban Nido

578516 533748Hello there, just became alert to your weblog by means of Google, and found that it is truly informative. Im gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate in case you continue this in future. Lots of individuals will be benefited from your writing. Cheers! xrumer 770200

May 20, 2021 at 2:44 am |
  16. Halley Vahey

This was great! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

June 4, 2021 at 2:25 am |
  17. Raphael Ravel

This was great! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

June 4, 2021 at 9:18 pm |
  18. dumps with pin 101

948211 929716This is a good topic to speak about. Sometimes I fav stuff like this on Redit. I dont think this would be the very best to submit though. Ill take a look around your internet site though and submit something else. 683862

June 5, 2021 at 1:56 am |
  19. best dumps shop

259352 346164I like this website quite significantly so much excellent information. 961747

June 5, 2021 at 8:25 am |
  20. chuyển phát nhanh quốc tế

625486 571012This Los angeles Weight Loss diet happens to be an low and flexible going on a diet application meant for usually trying to drop the weight as nicely within the have a much healthier lifetime. lose weight 390346

June 8, 2021 at 4:30 am |
  21. Hayden Colicchio

This was awesome! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

June 8, 2021 at 5:59 am |
  22. dich vu marketing

873057 677035Echt tolle Seite. Rubbish bin eigentlich nur per Zufall hier gelandet, aber ich bin jetzt schon complete von der tremendous Seite beeindruckt. Gratuliere dazu!! Viel Erfolg noch durch der sehr guten Home-page mein Freund. 420962

June 12, 2021 at 5:19 am |
  23. fake rolex

785270 710363Outstanding post, I conceive site owners should learn a whole lot from this blog its real user pleasant. 163702

June 29, 2021 at 7:45 pm |