Today on CNN Newsroom

October 2nd, 2014

Dr. Oliver Johnson: 'It's a wake-up call.'

Dr. Oliver Johnson, currently treating Ebola patients in Sierra Leone, examines recent developments with Brooke Baldwin.

Filed under: Anchors • Brooke Baldwin
  1. Izzi2

As a nurse, I am really concerned at the misinformed message everyone is giving the public. Most people do not understand what contact isolation really means. If the "bug" can live outside the body, on surfaces, anyone can infect you. All they have to do is, touch surface with Ebola on it, then touch door knob, cup, toilet handle, on and on. Then the next person come along touch that same surface, then touch their face, or their child's face, mouth, now you could be infected! This happens all the time in nursing homes and hospitals with c-diff, one person has it then in a few days you have two or three more getting it as well. The public needs to be educated on how to keep from getting infected... Wash your hands (a lot) and don't touch your face. The average person touches their face 50 times an hour. Please, let's educate.

October 2, 2014 at 6:07 pm |
  2. LarryStimac

I can not believe everyone who has come in contact with this Ebola patient in Texas is not being quarantined.

October 2, 2014 at 6:32 pm |
  3. ww826

Since Ebola originates in the food supply I wonder why the experts are not talking about the adverse impact Ebola would have on our domestic cattle and hog industry. Studies have shown Ebola is easily transmitted through pig feces and urine to other livestock and all types of wild animals including deer and other animals. I wonder if all the people who support unrestricted travel into this country wonder what would happen if Ebola got into our food supply. It would be a thousand fold worse than the " Mad Cow" outbreak and possibly destroy our economy. What would happen if one of our infected African visitors went to the local zoo on a family outing. I cringe at the thought as to what would happen

October 4, 2014 at 1:50 pm |
  4. Louis Romero

Dr. Friedan mentioned that mosquito's can carry the Malaria virus, but he never said if they can carry the Ebola virus, can they ?

October 8, 2014 at 5:24 pm |
  5. Eagan Tow Truck

933874 981221Thanks for your time so a lot for your impressive and wonderful guide. I will not be reluctant to endorse your web web sites to any individual who should receive direction on this difficulty. 441502

February 15, 2021 at 8:50 am |
  6. buy track 1 and 2 dumps online

981424 358086You will discover some fascinating points in time in this post but I do not know if I see all of them center to heart. Theres some validity but I will take hold opinion until I appear into it further. Wonderful post , thanks and we want much much more! Added to FeedBurner too 476829

April 5, 2021 at 3:02 am |
  7. Zena Perone

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

May 10, 2021 at 2:36 pm |
  8. Dione Pregeant

This was great! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

May 12, 2021 at 2:19 am |