Today on CNN Newsroom

November 13th, 2014

Veterans on U.S. strategy to destroy ISIS

Brooke Baldwin talks with two Iraq war veterans on America's strategy to destroy ISIS.

Filed under: Brooke Baldwin
  1. dennislurvey

I didnt know i had PTSD from Vietnam till 1996, after it destroyed my life. I have been treated ever since by meds, but I am constantly kept from living a full life by anxiety disorder and depression.

Imagine being surprised by a huge explosion that demolishes an aircraft close to you, and spending the rest of your life watching/expecting/waiting for the next explosion. I sit with my back against the wall everywhere i go subconsciously expecting something to blow up 44 years later.

Being alone when we get back isnt the problem, we self isolate by choice. In severe cases like mine we cannot be in crowds and are not looking for recognition or a bunch of people to be around. We want to be left alone, that's why we dont make a claim to the VA.

A purple heart is not a hero's medal. It simply means you bled as a result of enemy action. It could be that a mortar hit and you dove out of bed and cut yourself.

November 20, 2014 at 3:09 pm |
  2. Delaware River canoe Map

I love when people asked to veterans what they believe.they have first hand knowledge and experience on how these people should be dealt with.we should always get their input .

June 5, 2017 at 8:36 pm |
  3. Patsco

Reblogged this on, war veterans view on America's strategy to destroy ISIS. Commitment.

June 20, 2017 at 5:25 pm |
  4. Patsco

Reblogged this on, Hey, hit ISIS as hard as you can!

July 4, 2017 at 5:07 pm |
  5. Demetrius

Hello there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering
    if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my
    comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having difficulty finding
    one? Thanks a lot!

Also visit my blog; ocean king enterprises philadelphia pa

December 15, 2020 at 12:53 pm |
  6. Luke

Hi there, every time i used to check webpage posts here in the early hours in the dawn, because i love to find out more and more.

Also visit my web blog :: live earth blitz 22